Profit Lance vs. Wealthy Affiliate ???

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by davidmaddux, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Dave B

Dave B New Member

Goodness me...this have developed into quite a bun fight since I've been away.

I have nothing to say about PL. I've never seen it. I just know WA delivers the goods...(and yes, I promote it)

But I almost get the impression that there is some suspicion about promoting stuff.

This is the Work at Home forum, right?

One way to work at home is to promote stuff on the web. If you don't have your own products you become an affiliate.

If you have your own products you can, if you want, get affiliates to promote them for you.

It works...but it's hard work and for me at least, WA showed me the way.

If PL does it for you...fine... (I'm not going near the ethics stuff [​IMG] )

Dave B
  2. JCP

JCP New Member

Quoting: getagripDid you say he has 4 MILLION pages online? Let's do some math here. If he has been at this for 2 years (730 days), that would mean he would have to create...

- 5,479 pages a day
    - 228 pages an hour
    - 3.8 pages a minute
    - not sleep, shower, or eat anything

If he outsourced this work and paid just $5 per page, that would mean he would have paid out $20,000,000 to create these pages.

getagrip~>Do you consider the possibility that he has people helping him? That he has a staff? Software to create them? I know I have software that can create many pages in minutes.

Dave B~>I hear ya..... I myself am done with this stuff. We can agree to dissagree. Like I said, Since MIKE is reachable... Unlike OJ, [email protected]

If anyone wants to talk to him, or if you have issues with what has been said here, go to the sourse. Ask him. Then make your judement from what has been said here.

I emailed Mike again and he told me to word for word post his email he has sent to me yesterday.

JCP,

Don't worry about it. I've experienced this before people trying
    make a mountain out of a molehill. Its just a waste of time, and I
    never allow myself to get drawn into time wasting.

A few other members emailed me about it too. I took a quick look
    at that thread once about 4 days ago, and never bothered with
    it since.

Basically when I had the review sites designed I outsourced the
    graphics design and layout. I gave the design person a list of
    around 6 sites which to look at. The end result was that I got
    a site looking similar to one of those sites. Its no big deal, I'll
    just pay someone else a few hundred dollars to do me another
    design.

In addition, apart from the content I have created myself in the members area, I have resell rights content and private label material
    that I have used as additional information, and the rest of the material I paid to have it prepared by outsourcing. I've been way too busy in the marketing aspect of my numerous other online
    businesses to do a complete review of what I have in there, but
    I've got an overhaul coming soon when I launch a series of
    new products.

I have over 600 domains/sites, well over 4 million pages online, have a few membership sites, have huge affiliate sites and also do strategic marketing work for high paying customers - I recently helped a client make sales of $320,000 in a 60 day period with a site that's only 60 days old. So why should some person on a forum trying to bang his head against a mountain worry me?

It's not bothering me so it shouldn't really bother you. If anyone
    has any malicious intent, that's just too bad for them. Getting the
    last word does not make them any richer and it does not make me
    any poorer.

So basically, don't worry about it!

Thanks for emailing and as always wish you the best.

Mike

Hey, know nothing about Wealthy Affiliate, but, I will soon, I decided to do some extensive research my self. To see why your saying it is better....

Getagrip~> Are you the guy behind getagripmarketing?
  3. Dave B

Dave B New Member

Yeah cool

There is a video review of WA on my blog

I hope it's OK to post the link here as I have now changed my sig link to something else.

[Link removed - Admin]

And getagrip is behind getagripmarketing. I've got a review of that as well.

Dave B

PS. We are all trying to get to same end result, right?
  4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I appreciate the fact that Mike has decided to do something about the templates. He seems like a nice guy, and even answered a couple of my questions when I had Profit Lance...there were just some things that made me very uncomfortable, and I reported them here, but I'm moving beyond that. [​IMG]

As far as Wealthy Affiliate is concerned, I think Profit Lancers will find that WA is actually a great compliment to Profit Lance. Is it better? That's depends on who you talk to...but if Profit Lance has brought you to a certain level in your understanding of internet marketing, Wealthy Affiliate can help you get to the next level...like I said, WA is a great compliment to PL.

Also, Dave B's product, called Destination Unknown is GREAT, as he and my other WA buddy, Thad, reveal what they did for actual profitable campaigns they have earned money from on Google...but there is a price tag: $47 a month, but when you consider that they are giving away profitable campaigns - which people can copy (but hopefully will not copy), you can see why they are charging $47 a month. Actually, I think they are raising the price to $67 a month, unless they change their minds...

Yes, GetagripMarketing is mine. Its a great internet marketing guide for beginners, and covers the fundamentals very well...and is dirt cheap at $14.95, although I plan to raise the price when I revise it...which hopefully will happen soon.

Anyway...I hope we can all be friends - it wasn't my intention to create walls of division with all of this, but ultimately, to make people think and get to the truth...and I think some good has come of this thread. No matter which side of the fence someone is on, hopefully what was written here will encourage people to act ethically in their internet marketing adventures.
  5. JCP

JCP New Member

Fair enough, No hard feelings here! Actually, with all this, I like to know what people are taking about so I joined Wealthy Affliliate~ **As a compliment** to PL, hahha anyway, I hate that I have to wait for 3 days with the paypal ebill thingy!

Mostly, I want to know what is out there!

Thanks Getagrip! CHEERS! The weekend is HERE! hahah
  6. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

That stinks that you have to wait! Initially, I joined by check and had to wait the 3 days as well...but I didn't want to wait until the e-check cleared, so I just re-joined with a credit card that same day, and Carson refunded me when my a-check cleared. That was over a year and a half ago, but its kinda funny that something similar happened to someone else!

I think you will really like Wealthy Affiliate, though, especially the forum - it will really help fill in any "knowledge gaps" that you might have, and I think that you will find other Wealthy Affiliate members to be very helpful.
  7. JCP

JCP New Member

See, Getagrip, You Helped me to check it out.... I will probally defend you some day.... ahhahdh OK THAT WAS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

REALLY, might do that, so he will refund me huh?
  8. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I THINK so, I don't see why he wouldn't, but I'd email him first...just to make sure there are no surprizes. There is a contact link at the top of the Wealthy Affiliate home page.

Since its Friday night, I don't know how fast they will respond...but I'd definately send an email first to make sure. Also, I think you might have to use a different email address if you sign up for a different account.
  9. Dave B

Dave B New Member

Ah...all's well that ends well! [​IMG]

Dave B
  10. JCP

JCP New Member

I want to acsess WA!!!!!!! grrr I got 1 one more I guess..... Ach
  11. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Here's a little teaser for ya...

When you finally get access to the Wealthy Affiliate members area, there is a forum section called "The $500 Challenge". It was a contest (which is now over), whichawarded $500 to the forum post which would add the most value or give away the best secret. There is sooooo much value and information in just that ONE section that your brain will hurt from information overload, so waiting isn't necessarily a bad thing...[​IMG]

Oh, and BTW, for anyone considering joining Wealthy Affiliate, MAKE SURE TO ORDER WITH A CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT TO GET ACCESS!!![​IMG]
  12. JCP

JCP New Member

Early next year.......hahah that is thinking FAAAAR away....
  13. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

Me too. Next year I might join WA.. not yet.. Have to finish university first before I get involved with any more programs.
  14. AaronCross

AaronCross New Member

Both are not worth the money.

In todays market you need to be able to pick up the phone and get questions answered from a mentor...

You should check out Team Pajama - All The Training, Plus a direct contact mentor | For even less than both programs!
  15. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

Actually yes, both ARE worth the money.
  16. Dave B

Dave B New Member

Quoting: getagripAlso, Dave B's product, called Destination Unknown is GREAT, as he and my other WA buddy, Thad, reveal what they did for actual profitable campaigns they have earned money from on Google...but there is a price tag: $47 a month, but when you consider that they are giving away profitable campaigns - which people can copy (but hopefully will not copy), you can see why they are charging $47 a month. Actually, I think they are raising the price to $67 a month, unless they change their minds...

Thanks for the kind words getagrip. Just so you know we are limiting membership of Destination Unknown (DUK) to 200 to keep it manageable and intimate.

We were originally going to let the first 100 in at the reduced price of $47 and then increase the price to $67.

We were going to put the price up last week but decided to hold it at $47 for all. We did not want two seperate groups in there.

So it's $47 until we are full up.

Dave B
  17. Dave B

Dave B New Member

Just so you know...

We have now added an alternative to Paypal. You can now sign up for the slots that remain using 2CO

Dave B
  18. Casper

Casper New Member

I have looked at both sites & I think WA tends too offer more features.
  19. Dave B

Dave B New Member

Quoting: Dave BJust so you know...

We have now added an alternative to Paypal. You can now sign up for the slots that remain using 2CO

Dave B

Oops! My bad... the 2CO subscription method is not quite ready. I'll let you know when it is.

Dave B
  20. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Quoting: CasperI have looked at both sites & I think WA tends too offer more features.

PL has more tutorials, but Wealthy Affiliate has a lot more tools...and I guarantee you that the tools will be a lot more useful than tutorials (which Wealthy Affiliate has plenty of), especially when you start doing Google campaigns.