Profit Lance vs. Wealthy Affiliate ???

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by davidmaddux, Aug 29, 2007.

1. JCP

JCP New Member

I wish someone would make a course with ALL VIDEOS! hahah I learn better thru visual!
  2. advoc821

advoc821 New Member

Hi guys! Just got PL 3 weeks ago and still learning lots from it. Before I purchased PL, I've been through this dilemma (WA vs PL).

I have had access to WA by the way through someone who wanted to promote it and they really offer "almost" the same services. But from a beginner's perspective, I think newbies like me should go for PL for several reasons:

1. Budget : one time vs recurring bills
    2. The information is overwhelming and we cannot just absorb it in a month or two (we cannot afford to be charged for that) [​IMG]
    3. If you're technically-challenged (like me) you'll have to have an additional time to learn HTML, scripts, tracking, etc. (making the learning process longer and again we cannot afford to be charged for that)[​IMG]
    4. If you are on a tight budget, "who copied who" (has it been resolved?) doesn't matter as long as what we need to learn is delivered to us. Anyway, from my observations in this business everybody learns from everybody.

These are the major reasons why I think as beginners in this field, PROFITLANCE would be the best choice. It all boils down to budget.

Same education and almost same support (Mike is good at it even without a forum). We, newbies just got to use our common sense.

Let's just all work hard and play hard![​IMG]
  3. earnnow2

earnnow2 New Member

Have tried Profit Lance and Wealthy Affiliate. Both seem to offer me excellent information. However, due to my lack of experience and computor training, I am well over 65 years old, it is difficult to understand and even more difficult to know how to implement correctly.
    I am eager to learn more basics and internet marketing information.Where can I get free or low cost training via my computor. I am also a full time caretaker. As a result, I have to pick specific times to be on the computor. Appreciate very much any advice/recommendations. Earnnow2
  4. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

Good advice advoc821
  5. Sean Byrne

Sean Byrne New Member

Bloody hell...

I was here a couple of weeks back.. I thought this issue was put to bed!!

Obviously not!
  6. Lynn1944

Lynn1944 New Member

I'm new to this forum and would really like to get some sound information.

Like everybody else, I've been scammed a few times, and am very, very nervous about trying anything new again.

I don't know anything about these affiliate programs. How do they work? What do you do? Do you need to have your own products to sell, or if not, how does it work? Which programs are worth it and which are not? Any recommendations? Is there a lot to learn to do it?

Any good recommendations on other programs other than affiliate that can be trusted out there?
  7. goldchamber

goldchamber New Member

haven't tried profit lance myself but WA has given me my money's worth
  8. Dave B

Dave B New Member

Quoting: Dave BQuoting: Dave B
    Just so you know...

We have now added an alternative to Paypal. You can now sign up for the slots that remain using 2CO

Dave B

Oops! My bad... the 2CO subscription method is not quite ready. I'll let you know when it is.

Dave B

This has now been fixed and the 2CO option for Destination Unknown is now available.

Dave B
  9. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Quoting: Lynn1944I don't know anything about these affiliate programs. How do they work? What do you do? Do you need to have your own products to sell, or if not, how does it work?

Take a look at my website - its all broken down.
  10. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

getagrip - i have been following this thread and i am an active member with profit lance I have found all the profit lance information really useful and i have learnt so much and have had a little success. Be honest and send it by pm if you don't want to put into thread but how good is wealthy affiliate and will i be able to read the course within a month as i can only afford one months subscription
  11. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Quoting: Hemjoehow good is wealthy affiliate and will i be able to read the course within a month as i can only afford one months subscription

You can definately get a lot out of WA in a month. However, if you can only join for a month, I think the main benefit to you would be utilizing the forum, rather than the tutorials...of course, the tutorials will give you a new perspective on things, although you will already be familiar with some of the material.
  12. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Also...if you do decide to join Wealthy Affiliate, make sure to do it when you have lots of TIME - at least a couple of hours a week. There is no such thing as "get rich quick" - you have to make time to learn new things, interract with others, and implement what you have learned.
  13. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

Thanks for you advice i will probably try it like you said wen i have more time but it definately sounds like it has the potential to help many people
  14. Lynn1944

Lynn1944 New Member

I don't know anything about either WA or PL, or for that matter how these affiliate programs work? Which is better?

Do you need to have your own products to promote - or not?

How do they work? What do you do with affiliate programs? I want to have some idea about it before I get involved.

Been scammed twice before, as everyone else, and kind of leary about trying something else.

Is anything out there better than affiliate programs that actually do work and you make decent money?????????
  15. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Quoting: Lynn1944I don't know anything about either WA or PL, or for that matter how these affiliate programs work? Which is better?

Do you need to have your own products to promote - or not?

How do they work? What do you do with affiliate programs? I want to have some idea about it before I get involved.

Been scammed twice before, as everyone else, and kind of leary about trying something else.

Is anything out there better than affiliate programs that actually do work and you make decent money?????????

Affiliate programs are profit sharing programs which allow you to earn commissions for product sales you refer to company websites.

For example, let's say you have a website that promotes skiing equipment online. Each company you promote pays you a 10% commission on all product sales that are generated through your website. So, if someone places a $300 order for skiis through your link, your commission would be $30.

Its not necessary to have your own product, because you can promote products that belong to specific companies. It is free to sign up for most affiliate programs.

You can earn good money from affiliate programs, but there is a definate learning curve, and there is lots of competition for many industries. You have to learn about things like how to generate traffic, how to build a website, and how to find niches (although a website isn't absolutely necessary).

These are just some of the basics. Don't worry about getting "scammed", but realize that you will have your work cut out for you.
  16. JCP

JCP New Member

I have PL and WA I think they are both very good. I can not say one is better than the other, I think that they are both good. That is IMO..... Yeh WA has the forum and the other tweeks. but, really I use the info I am not really there to get chummy with the members. Sometimes it is a distraction the goal is to make money. Don't get me wrong I like making friends. I can go to any forum that is a make money online forum and learn just as much.... The WA forum is just private.....For WA members.. Same Quality~content IMO... But, at this point I want to be a skilled internet marketer first and foremost. I like that Mike is always there for me when I am struggling. Just like WA members are there for you...l So, IMO bottom line I think that it is a personal prefrence. They are both good products....
  17. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

One thing I'll add to what JCP said about internet marketing - and this relates to what I said above about the learning curve - is that it is easy to want to quit intenet marketing.

You are thinking, "I've been at this for a month, and I haven't earned a dime!", and then you head over to the "General Success" section of the Wealthy Affiliate forum...and you read about someone "finally" making their first sale, and then someone else making their 4th sale, and then someone else earning their first $100 day, and someone else earning their first $1,000 month, etc.

Then you think to yourself, "if others can do this, I can do this", and before you know it, you are making a forum post about your first sale...and another post about your fourth sale....and another post about your tenth sale, etc.

Internet marketing can be brutal - you need all of the encouragement and support that you can get! [​IMG]
  18. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

I totally agree with getagrip, he has outlined one of the key reasons why people fail and that is because they think making money online line is like taking candy from a baby, well it isn't you do have to take a learning curve and you will start off earning pocket change but as time pass you should start to generate the sales you are looking for and make the money you hard work deserves.
  19. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

Yep, getagrip is absolutely right. It really can be brutal and sometimes you might want to give up. Don't though! Believe in yourself.
  20. JCP

JCP New Member

AMEN!!!!!!!!

The one and MAIN reason and one of the BIGGEST downfalls that people make when they begin Internet Marketing is that they think that they can just buy a course and do steps 1, 2 and 3 and WHALLA~ I am rich.

With anything in life, you will get out what you put into it. We live in the INSTANT gratification society and the Microwave mentality.

Honestly, ~People will throw a google ad out there and think that they will make a ton of money.... I hear people all the time say that "I have spent $300 on adwords and I am not making anything." I tell them, NEVER in the beginning pay for advertising ~> before you have developed any kind of real skill. Take it slow...... You need to know what you are doing, then do a little...

IMO If you start out with the right mentallity, that you are going to work hard, go slow and dedicate several hours a day to train and gain the skills into it becoming an effective marketer, with the right mentality you are going to learn... A person can NOT start out internet marketing and think it is going to be the answer to all of their money problems, your money probems did not happen over night. So why would solveing the problem be over night?

Giving up so easily is the reason people fail. You have to have the drive to MAKE IT WORK IMO~ Peristance, is the key!!!!!!