Profit Lance vs. Wealthy Affiliate ???

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by davidmaddux, Aug 29, 2007.

1. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Narthil: I find these sort of attacks funny, it is merely sensationalist propaganda from a WA affiliate.

No, its not "sensationalist propaganda" - I've simply stated what I've discovered through my own research. You are forgeting the fact that if I chose to, I could promote Profit Lance as an affiliate and earn a pretty hefty commission from it (over $40 per sale - more than anything I promote from my website). Let's face it, I could make a BOAT LOAD of money by promoting Profit Lance, particularely from this forum, but I choose not to because of the reasons I have mentioned in this thread.

Having said that, I think Profit Lance is a good program, and I also think that a lot of people who promote Profit Lance are great people who simply are promoting something they believe in. I consider just about all of the "Profit Lancers" from this forum to be really "cool" people...who happen to promote a product I simply feel a little "funny" about promoting.

So, take that for what it is worth. [​IMG]

2. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Very diplomatically put... [​IMG]

3. 040107

040107 Member

Hey![​IMG]

From what I can tell, Wealthy Affiliate seems like a pretty good
    program. I'm pretty sure it has been credited with many success
    stories.

But the fact remains that many people venture into Internet
    marketing without the slightest clue to what the future holds for
    them. The only thing they have is the dream to start earning some
    money on the Internet and hopefully have it snowball into a sizable
    income down the line.

When will they start making money and how long will it be until
    the income becomes substantial?

That's an answer nobody can give a definite answer to no matter
    how great a sales page may make it sound. Everyone is unique
    in the way they learn, the rate they comprehend, the time they can
    devote, etc. Besides that, market selection, product selection, traffic
    generation, etc., all of these different variable together determine
    the outcome of success or failure. Then there is also plain luck.
    That is why there should always be an income disclaimer of some
    sort.

So because of this I still say most people would need time to learn,
    understand, and take action. This could possibly take months. If
    so, then I think it would be better for these individuals to go with
    a course that only charges them one time like Profit Lance. They
    could take all the time they need to go through the material.

Two months at roughly $40/month with Wealthy Affiliate, would
    be more than what they would have paid for with Profit Lance. God
    help those who spend a year learning the material in Profit Lance.

However, someone who've bought Profit Lance could take as much
    time as they need and still would not have to pitch out a penny
    more than what they bought Profit Lance for.

After a few months, it's still not too late for Profit Lance members to
    join Wealthy Affiliate to get access to the tools and software that's
    not available in Profit Lance. Yet, they would still have the best of
    both courses with minimal expense on their part.

getagrip: No, its not "sensationalist propaganda" - you are forgeting the fact that if I chose to, I could promote Profit Lance as an affiliate and earn a pretty hefty commission from it (over $40 per sale - more than anything I promote from my website - let's face it, I could make a BOAT LOAD of money by promoting it, particularely from this forum), but I choose not to because of the reasons I have mentioned in this thread.

But you could also promote Wealthy Affiliate and earn a nice residual
    income from doing so. Oh, you are.[​IMG]

Both programs are great but here's what I think. Since everyone is
    not the same, I think people needs to pick what's best based on
    their own needs.

Wealthy Affiliate
    - quick readers/learners
    - part-time, full-time
    - can afford $40/monthly
    - Internet-savvy

Profit Lance
    - slow readers/learners
    - spare-time, some-time
    - can't spend $40/monthly
    - not technical or Internet-savvy

For $40/monthly or $360/yearly Wealthy Affiliate has got to be a
    better course than the $77 Profit Lance course. It's probably a
    better investment for those who quick learners and can get started
    fast.

But for the rest of the folks out there, paying a little more once in
    the beginning may be the better alternative than paying $40 every
    month.

Good luck![​IMG]

4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Hey 040107,

You made some pretty nice points, but I'd like to point out that two months at Wealthy Affiliate is only $3 more than what someone would pay to join Profit Lance. Really, the investment is about the same...

I don't know if it is accurate to say that WA is for "quick learners". Rather, I think it is for both quick and slow learners - you literally can go at your own pace - there is info in the WA forums that can keep anyone busy for MONTHS! [​IMG]

I also think that even peole that are not "internet savvy" can get a great deal out of Wealthy Affiliate. If you could see my first website I made shortly after I arrived at WA, you would probably laugh - it looked LITERALLY like a Word document, but I got some tips from Kyle and Carson at WA who advised me to start using NVU, and about a year or so later, I actualkly co-authored a free ebook about web design, thanks to that little tip from Carson and Kyle, and another WA member named Thadroe (PM me if you would like the link to the free ebook on web design).

Yes, many people do venture into internet marketing not knowing what to expect. Actually, I think the reality is that most people who venture into internet marketing expecting to earn something like $3,000 in the next 5 days, but end up getting a little dissapointed. Like I said in the thread below, you have to work hard AND "play your cards right" to be successful in affiliate marketing:

Does Wealthy Affiliate Work?

One more thing is that I think a lot of Profit Lancers can benefit from joining Wealthy Affiliate. If someone learns the ABC's of affiliate marketing in Profit Lance, they can learn advanced grammar at Wealthy Affiliate, in addition to a review of the ABC's, and can also interract with "affiliate marketing professors" at WA while they are at it, not to mention get access to a bunch of "research tools" while they are at it. If Profit Lance gives someone an bachelors degree in affiliate marketing, then WA can give you your masters degree in addiliate marketing.

Anyway...these are just some thought of mine about WA. If someone wants to join PL, more power to you - you will probably learn a lot. I've seen too many success stories at WA, including my own, to not recommend WA! [​IMG]

5. 040107

040107 Member

getagrip,

Yes, Wealthy Affiliate is definitely for both quick learners and slow
    learners and I'm sure there are so much information that would
    keep people busy for months.

But that's the thing.

Not everyone wants to have to pay $40 every month they're trying
    learn, at their own pace, the same material that is available in Profit
    Lance. Sure two months with Wealthy Affiliate is only a few dollars
    more than Profit Lance. These few dollars could give you access to
    great tools that aren't available in Profit Lance. But what happens
    when "at their own pace" means they need more time than that?

So regardless who you are, if you don't mind the $40/month deal by
    all means join Wealthy Affiliate.

Otherwise, Profit Lance seems like the next best alternative. Or am
    I wrong?

It's funny how you compare Profit Lance as being a Bachelors
    program while Wealthy Affiliate is a Masters degree program.

I'll agree with you that Wealthy Affiliate has a lot more stuff than
    Profit Lance Wealthy Affiliate is also much much more expensive over
    the course of time. I'm sure it's worth the money too.

But for those who can't afford it by "going at their own pace", I
    suggest looking at it this way...

Since Profit Lance does contain some (not all) of the same material
    as Wealthy Affiliate and Wealthy Affiliate has the same material as
    Profit Lance and more. Why don't people get Profit Lance, learn at
    their own pace if it's going to take them more than two months, and
    step up to Wealthy Affiliate later?

So think of Profit Lance as taking "community college courses" and
    applying those "credits" towards your "Masters or Bachelors
    degree" when you are ready.

After all, most people who go to community colleges do so because
    they don't want to pay the full university tuition but still want their
    classes to count toward the degree they're after.

If you're already a Profit Lance member, you could benefit greatly
    with Wealthy Affiliate. However, make sure you've already gone
    through the materials in Profit Lance and have a good
    understanding of what's taught. And more importantly, hopefully
    you have also taken action with what you learned.

6. happywife

happywife Gold Member

I don't have WA or PL, but I hope you don't mind if I join the discussion. [​IMG]

I understand the point that both of you are making, but here's another perspective to consider. When I was getting started, I didn't WANT to have to start with one program and get a little education and then have to upgrade to something else to get a little more, and so forth.

I understand what 040107 is saying, but if you just want to get the basics and go at your own pace, there are plenty of free resources and ebooks to allow you to do that.

There is going to come a time when you need to put what you have learned into practice. You'll have to have the tools to do your research on a niche, get a domain and hosting, obtain the software you need to do a multitude of tasks.

For me it was so much more practical to start with something that was going to take me through the entire learning and building process. I didn't want to play around with practice runs, etc. I wanted to make all of my time and effort 'count' for the final goal.

It's my understanding that PL has good and reliable information, but it isn't sufficient. You will need more. If someone goes into PL knowing that upfront, fair enough. It just sounds like a lot of newbies go into it without that understanding and then feel a bit disillusioned and frustrated when they eventually come to that realization. Many of them quit.

I certainly sympathize with the hesitancy to spend what seems like a lot of money, $40 per month, (or in my case $299 upfront for a year). It was a huge leap of faith for me when I joined SBI.

But I suspect there are a lot of people like me. They want to know what program will help them learn what they need to do as well as have the tools available to DO what needs to be done each step of the way so that they have a 'finished product' (business) when they are done learning the ropes.

I didn't want to have to figure out where I should buy my domain, which hosting service was the best, which autoresponder was going to be compatible, what the best research and brainstorming tools were the most reliable, etc.

Having that done for you and all organized in one place as a newbie is a real boon. It's well worth the nominal price.

Just my perspective. [​IMG]
    Angie

7. 040107

040107 Member

happywife,

I never said anything about courses in Profit Lance being basics that
    you can find all over the Internet for free. I was merely saying how
    it's not as "complete" as Wealthy Affiliate, not basic. Even at that,
    it is "sufficient" to start making money from the material in Profit
    Lance.

Anyway, SBI is also great but as I recall, it's $299 (paid at once) per
    website with SBI?

The courses mentioned are all great courses but NONE is ever complete, SBI included.

So it's not about...

happywife: I understand the point that both of you are making, but here's another perspective to consider. When I was getting started, I didn't WANT to have to start with one program and get a little education and then have to upgrade to something else to get a little more, and so forth.

The thing is, if you're serious about building your business online,
    continuing education is a must. The Internet is a fast-paced medium
    to build your business on. To keep up you must always invest in
    the information and tools needed to continue building and
    expanding your business.

8. Narthil

Narthil New Member

I think people that can afford it should get both, or people that have one get the other, both complement each other nicely, in WA you get amazing support and in PL you get those great tutorials + loads of content.

That is if you are willing to invest a lot of time doing IM, because if you are serious about it and do really work for it the cash flow will come naturally, plus after a while a lot of it will be passive income.

Personally I consider myself a newbie at this, but I know a lot of people in real life that make fortunes out of IM and I'm starting to get the hang of it thanks to these 2 systems.

9. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

040107: It's funny how you compare Profit Lance as being a Bachelors program while Wealthy Affiliate is a Masters degree program.

Actually, there is a specific reason I say that, and it has to do with the information that is in the Wealthy Affiliate forum that you simply aren't going to find at Profit Lance or anywhere else for that matter.

For example, Travis Sago, creator of the BUM Marketing Method, is a Wealthy Affiliate member and has made over 2,500 posts in the WA forum, and most of his posts are simply brilliant, as he gives you angles and perspectives you would never have thought of on your own. You really have to read his posts to understand what I'm talking about, but if the ONLY thing you did was read his forum posts from day 1 until now, and did nothing else with your Wealthy Affiliate membership, you would get your money's worth.

One thing about Profit Lance that stood out to me was that it seemed to mainly offer a lot of tutorials, which is great, but I just didn't see anything cutting edge about them - nothing that made me say"aha" or "whoa, I never thought of that before". However, I've had many of those moments while reading specific posts from the Wealthy Affiliate forum. Here are some to check out if you ever decide to join:

"Stuck In A Rut..." by Glimmerman, in the General Marketing Discussion

"Been at it 6 months Today" by Bald Eagle, in the General Marketing Discussion

"How The Heck Do You Find Something To Promote" by Thadroe, in The $500 Challenge

"First $200 Day - And Some Advice About ANCHOR TEXT " by Hyderkhan, General Success

These are just a few of the MANY Wealthy Affiliate forum threads that provide very valuable insight, but I should mention that the last one I mentioned helped me see something I had been doing WRONG - that was a real eye opener for me, and will undoutedly have a huge impact on my overall online profits.

Also, at Wealthy Affiliate, you can interract with other affiliate marketers who are very successful (some of these guys make $500 - $1,000 or more PER DAY), and you can gain valuable insight just by reading the answers they provide to other WA members within the forum. You may find that they answer YOUR questions in the WA forum! [​IMG]

So...I simply think that Wealthy Affiliate is simply on a different level than Profit Lance - not everyone will agree with me, and I'm not trying to knock Profit Lance, but I simply don't think there is much of a comparison when you get down to the nitty gritty, and that's one of the reasons I suggest Profit Lancers come on over to WA is they are struggling to make money online, or if they want to get to the next level.

10. happywife

happywife Gold Member

040107: I never said anything about courses in Profit Lance being basics that
    you can find all over the Internet for free.
    I know. I said that, although not the "all over" part. [​IMG]

040107: Anyway, SBI is also great but as I recall, it's $299 (paid at once) per
    website with SBI?
    I said that, too. [​IMG]

040107: The thing is, if you're serious about building your business online,
    continuing education is a must.
    Agreed! You always need to keep learning. I've only scratched the surface of the tiniest area. But that wasn't the point of my post. It was to share the perspective that I came into this field with.

I wanted a complete package to learn and implement so that I would have a business. I was not intending to imply that SBI is "complete" in the sense that it will do anything in the world, of course. It is "complete" in the sense of enabling you to build a successful web business without additional programs.

My comments were not meant as a particular of PL or anything else. PL is what it is. But sometimes when people are comparing Program #1 vs. Program #2 it's rather like trying to compare apples and oranges. They each are nice but not at all alike. It depends what it is you actually want or need.

I was hoping to clarify the differences. No offense intended.

11. Jubie33

Jubie33 New Member

Narthil: I find these sort of attacks funny, it is merely sensationalist propaganda from a WA affiliate.

Even if Michael Andrews did take some ideas from WA, it is just a good business strategy. Microsoft did it with Apple, Bill Gates amazed by the concept assimilated it and took it further, improved it. That is but 1 of a million examples. Maybe that is exactly what Michael Andrews did. Now are you telling me you will stop using any Microsoft services or products because of it? I bet you're on Windows right now. Don't make me laugh.

Now back to topic, Profit Lance and WA are both pretty good, while I find PL a better system, WA does have better support, yet they better have since they get 30 dollars a month per member.

LOL...that was funny. And yes, for the money people are paying every month, they better provide support! It's like an online class really.

12. Jubie33

Jubie33 New Member

040107: Since Profit Lance does contain some (not all) of the same material
    as Wealthy Affiliate and Wealthy Affiliate has the same material as
    Profit Lance and more. Why don't people get Profit Lance, learn at
    their own pace if it's going to take them more than two months, and
    step up to Wealthy Affiliate later?

So think of Profit Lance as taking "community college courses" and
    applying those "credits" towards your "Masters or Bachelors
    degree" when you are ready.

After all, most people who go to community colleges do so because
    they don't want to pay the full university tuition but still want their
    classes to count toward the degree they're after.

If you're already a Profit Lance member, you could benefit greatly
    with Wealthy Affiliate. However, make sure you've already gone
    through the materials in Profit Lance and have a good
    understanding of what's taught. And more importantly, hopefully
    you have also taken action with what you learned.
    Excellent, excellent point! Alot of people should have thought about doing that....signing up with Profit Lance first and then moving on to WA later. Then canelling WA after about 2-3 months. Would've saved ALOT of money.

13. Jubie33

Jubie33 New Member

happywife: My comments were not meant as a particular of PL or anything else. PL is what it is. But sometimes when people are comparing Program #1 vs. Program #2 it's rather like trying to compare apples and oranges. They each are nice but not at all alike. It depends what it is you actually want or need.

I was hoping to clarify the differences. No offense intended.
    Happywife, no one should get offended by your comment. You were only trying to help and it wasen't offensive at all. [​IMG]

14. Flyboy

Flyboy New Member

I think you are all making some pretty valid points here. You should also remember that each and every course out there has it's good points and bad points. It basically comes down to doing a little research and make sure you aren't buying into a scammers course. IF you know absolutely NOTHING about marketing, then I would suggest going to Borders or whatever your local book store is and buying a couple books about marketing in general. They don't necessarily need to be on Internet marketing but just go through a few books you can find for just a few dollars and see if it is an endeavor you want to pursue. It could save you a lot of dollars wasted from buying into Internet Marketing courses you will never use if you don't understand anything you are reading in those books.

I am a PL member and use it strictly as a means of education to supplement what I do on the Internet with my own business. I can tell you I deal with some very high quality personal coaches which I pay some serious money to teach me the ins and outs of running a business on the web. If you are truely serious about making money and putting it into your own pocket, NOT the pockets of internet marketing courses, then you really need to be running your own business and finding your own TRUE wholesalers and dropshippers. That could be another totally different thread. NEVER I repeat NEVER just type in "wholesalers" in the search engines and believe you are actually going to be dealing with anything but the EVIL MIDDLEMAN.

There is a company out there that specializes in qualifying wholesalers and dropshippers to insure you are dealing with legit people. As far as most of the affiliate courses out there if you look at it like this, most of them give you affiliate sites and if you ever take a few seconds to just look at the URL's you will see what I mean by this.

http://www.IamTheSameSite.com/Bob/hop link?
    http://www.IamTheSameSite.com/Joe/hop link?
    http://www.IamTheSameSite.com/Sue/hop link?
    http://www.IamTheSameSite.com/Emily/hop link?

and so on and so on. Get the picture here? If I searched for TheSameSite I would come up with a list like this? What would my chances be if I was Sue or Bob or any of the 100"s or 1000"s
    of replica sites out there like that of being the chosen site? Pretty slim right? Well the ONE person that stands to benefit each time no matter which site is picked is the one that signed up all the affiliates. You definately need a unique URL to make affiliate marketing work for you.

What ever the case you do need to keep educated on a daily basis. No one program will do that for you. I have spent thousands over the years learning that and would never want to see anyone make that same mistake. Sharing info is not a bad thing, just make sure you don't give your competition the upper hand by giving them to many of your secrets. On another note here I keep seeing refferences to certain issues about copywrite infringements and other legal issues. Just a word of warning about that. Unless you have ABSOLUTE proof of what you are writing you might be opening yourself up for a huge lawsuit. If you are not Incorparated and retain a lawyer you should be very carefull about implying someone may have copied or plagiarized. After all remember this is an electronic medium and it is easy to copy and paste and pass on info even if it isn't legal. Proving it is a diffenet matter. Accusing someone is hard to cover up. Just my own personal opinion. Thanks for hearing me out.

15. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

I can now add my two cents to this thread since I have decided to subscribe to WA. I have been using Profit Lance for the past four months, and it's easy to see how newbies can get overwhelmed by the amount of information on either product. However, if I had to choose between the two, I would go with WA.

Now, I have only been a member for a few days, but I have already gained lots of knowledge that I didn't get from PL...most of it in the WA Forum. This was one of the two biggest selling points for me. That, and the Site Rubix (drag and drop website builder) that comes with your WA membership. I do not know much about HTML coding, so the creator is working great.

16. klrrider

klrrider New Member

This has been one of the most interesting threads I have followed in a long time.

The Great PL vrs. WA Debate.

I knew a guy once who had a motto: "I don't care what you say about me, just keep saying my name!"

Boy is that true here. Lots of free advertisement for PL and WA!

I belong to both and they are both great, but then again I am an affiliate... right?

Hey join both and quit one later... bet you can't eat just one!

17. thedoors666

thedoors666 New Member

you all have to promote these to make money so how can someone like me tell if its going to work or if youre just telling me it will so you can make a comission when i join? The fact that i dont find a single "bad" word about PL has me a little concerned. You cant expect someone to believe that it has worked for everyone and no one ever had a bad word to say about it...a little rediculus and far fetched. I want to hear from peope who it didnt work out for and why it didnt. What exactly are you doing that makes you "money" The site tells nothing about it...well basically nothing unless you research it further on the net. I honestly want to try it i really do but the fact is you CANT stop the little voice in your head saying "if it sounds too good..." It probably is.

18. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I don't agree that WA works as well for slow learners, I am a slow learner and I couldn't get it and I really tried, worked hard and got nowhere. I didn't understand much of it I just stayed confused.

I didn't make any progress until I did the 30 Day Challenge which is designed for newbies and is step by step which is what I needed. Not that I'm making great progress right now, but slow and steady wins the race, so they say.
    Sonni

19. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Sonni: I don't agree that WA works as well for slow learners, I am a slow learner and I couldn't get it and I really tried, worked hard and got nowhere. I didn't understand much of it I just stayed confused.

It really depends on the individual. Most people are able to pick up most of the learning material at Wealthy Affiliate without any problems, although different people learn at different levels.

For example, I'm a total moron when it comes to HTML, PHP, CSS, or anything like that, and have a very difficult time learning it. The basic stuff comes easy, but then I quickly feel overwhelmed and even a bit disoriented as I dig deeper. Someone else who considers themself a slow learner could probably pick that stuff up a lot quicker than I can.

Similarely, someone who is good at math might not be good at reading, or someone good at reading may not be good at math. For example, in high school, I scored a 500 on the math part of the SAT, but I scored only a 330 on the verbal part of it (out of a possible score of 800 for each section). On the verbal part of the SATs, I was in the BOTTOM 20% of the country!

Fortunately, I have a very practical mind, and I can usually pick apart stuff that isn't explained very well. I honestly think that the material at Wealthy Affiliate is very straight forward, and while Sonni may have had some problems learning the material, I don't think most people would have a problem with it.

Please note that I don't mean any disrespect to Sonni when I say that, as I consider myself a slow learner as well. In fact, there were two occassions in the last two years where I was "let go" from training classes for jobs - one after five days, and the other after three weeks. Apparently, the trainers must have felt that I wasn't picking up the material as fast as my peers, so they gave me the axe. Of course, because I got canned, I was able to focus a lot more on my internet marketing career. Not too long after I was canned, I had my most profitable months as an affiliate, so I guess that bad things can lead to good things...

Anyway, all I'm trying to say here is most people probably won't have a problem with the material at WA, but if you do, hey, as Sonni said, there's always the 30 Day Challenge which a lot of people are able to have success with! [​IMG]

20. footbag_man

footbag_man New Member

I've done both courses...

There is no comparision... Wealthy Affiliate by far