Project Payday

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by net4pay, Feb 14, 2007.

1. jlbear21

jlbear21 New Member

TJamMoneyMan: jlbear21:
    I beg to differ on this one.
    Not sure on what point you 'beg to differ', but you don't offer much in the way of rebuttal:

jlbear21:
    I've not reached this method myself as I'm still getting paid to complete offers for others, but I've got the proof in my paypal account. Have I made $100? No, but darn close. I also just do this when I'm bored and need extra money.
    I also have no idea whatsoever what "this method" is you are talking about.

I too got 'paid' to complete offers, but as I pointed out, DEFINITELY not worth the tremendous amounts of time AND trouble.

It's irrelevant how much money you have made, if you don't include the time and work/HASSLE involved.
    VALUE is the important thing.
    Are you creating or destroying value?
    (profit/loss/investment)

If you are 'bored' then i guess you must have time to waste, so perhaps this kind of thing can be good for you - helping you to dispose of all that extra time, living with nothing to do!

As for me, my time is valuable.
    Any business venture I am in will have to be worth the cost in time, money, and whatever else the venture will cost me.

AND, before you OR the person you are doing these offers for, starts counting your ble$$ing$, I believe you may want to consider what the IRS has to say.

These earnings are all taxable, I was so informed!
    FYI I'm a stay at home/work at home mom/housewife. I cook, clean, assume 90% of the responsibilities for my son until my husband gets home and takes over, and I'm the one that deal with all the extra stuff that my husband doesn't have time for. Are you implying I'm not allowed to have any kind of down time?

And yes, I'm aware that those earnings, just like any other earnings, must be reported to the IRS. Boy, sounds to me like you think I'm an idiot.

Freebie trading isn't for everyone, clearly you can attest to that. It's worth it for me, not you. I'm not looking for something that's attractive to everyone. I don't believe such a thing exists.
  2. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Active Member

jlbear21: Are you implying I'm not allowed to have any kind of down time?
    You don't have to take this personally.
    I am not implying anything.
    You mentioned being 'bored' is all.

jlbear21: And yes, I'm aware that those earnings, just like any other earnings, must be reported to the IRS. Boy, sounds to me like you think I'm an idiot.
    Again, you might be taking things too personally.

I addressed this to all who are involved in this.
    I know the person who conned me into doing this soon shut down his scam when he realized he had to pay taxes on the ENTIRE offer - including what he was 'paying' the person who completed the offers for him.

I just told you to check with the IRS!

If one person is liable for the taxes on the money earned from the offer, it would NOT make sense for the IRS to expect taxes AGAIN on the same income source.

It's something to check is all I am saying.
    Especially since I never saw where anyone explained the tax liabilities involved.
    Especially if someone is 'farming out' the offers.

One person, using PTC offers, claimed to have amassed thousands, though he turned around and paid out about half of that to those he farmed out the offers to!

Just somethings that people trying to get OTHERS involved in these things don't make as public as the advertising hype on completing these offers.

jlbear21: the items/cash received don't come free (offers must be completed)
    Yet they are called "freebie" offers!

Pardon me for pointing out the truth of the matter.

We often hear "time is money". I take that seriously!

jlbear21: It's worth it for me, not you.
    Good for you!
    I am glad, if that's the case.

I am just pointing out that simply making a statement about how much money you have made is essentially worthless, without the important qualifying facts involved.

Go for Project Payday, if that's what you want.

Just don't think you are gonna get a free laptop that way!
    (Though they will tell you that!)
  3. jlbear21

jlbear21 New Member

Are you implying I'm not allowed to have any kind of down time?
    You don't have to take this personally.
    I am not implying anything.
    You mentioned being 'bored' is all.

jlbear21:
    And yes, I'm aware that those earnings, just like any other earnings, must be reported to the IRS. Boy, sounds to me like you think I'm an idiot.
    Again, you might be taking things too personally.

I addressed this to all who are involved in this.
    I know the person who conned me into doing this soon shut down his scam when he realized he had to pay taxes on the ENTIRE offer - including what he was 'paying' the person who completed the offers for him.

I just told you to check with the IRS!

If one person is liable for the taxes on the money earned from the offer, it would NOT make sense for the IRS to expect taxes AGAIN on the same income source.

It's something to check is all I am saying.
    Especially since I never saw where anyone explained the tax liabilities involved.
    Especially if someone is 'farming out' the offers.

One person, using PTC offers, claimed to have amassed thousands, though he turned around and paid out about half of that to those he farmed out the offers to!

Just somethings that people trying to get OTHERS involved in these things don't make as public as the advertising hype on completing these offers.

jlbear21:
    the items/cash received don't come free (offers must be completed)
    Yet they are called "freebie" offers!

Pardon me for pointing out the truth of the matter.

We often hear "time is money". I take that seriously!

jlbear21:
    It's worth it for me, not you.
    Good for you!
    I am glad, if that's the case.

I am just pointing out that simply making a statement about how much money you have made is essentially worthless, without the important qualifying facts involved.

Go for Project Payday, if that's what you want.

Just don't think you are gonna get a free laptop that way!
    (Though they will tell you that!)
    I'm sorry for taking it too personally. I have a bad habit of taking a tone with things geared towards me, long story, just something I have to work on that's all.

I'd have to ask each person I've worked with how the tax details are to be worked out. It doesn't make sense that you'd have to pay taxes on what you're paying others to complete the offers - I gather that's what you're trying to say, forgive me if I'm wrong.

There are plenty of people who are making a full time income (not getting rich, just making enough to get their bills paid) on this so I'm wondering if there's some kind of mix up here. I know one must be extremely detailed in their book keeping and very organized at that, in order to keep track of all they do.

Thank you for pointing out that I took your comments too personally. That helps me to fix the problem. There are just way too many people online who think they're above everyone else and make it the peak of their day to bring someone down.

My time is precious as well. I don't like wasting it at all, but sometimes that's just what happens.
  4. TJamMoneyMan

jlbear21: I have a bad habit of taking a tone with things geared towards me, long story, just something I have to work on that's all.
    That happens ez-lee in forums, I do it all tha time!

jlbear21: I'd have to ask each person I've worked with how the tax details are to be worked out. It doesn't make sense that you'd have to pay taxes on what you're paying others to complete the offers
    Yeah, it doesn't make sense, but u'd have to square that w/IRSman unless you send out 1099's or something.
    I think you can tell them you didn't keep all tha dough, but I imagine that can only go so far.
    This guy was trying to make a living doing/outsourcing offers...

I guess 'cause I have such a negative view of this, I can't help but point out the pitfalls.
    The 'devil's disciple' n me!

jlbear21: My time is precious as well. I don't like wasting it at all, but sometimes that's just what happens.
    Yeah, didn't mean to imply otherwise.
    And, we all have time to waste, and/or veg out, 4 sure!

Just am trying to qualify this as a business/opportunity is all...

jlbear21: There are just way too many people online who think they're above everyone else and make it the peak of their day to bring someone down.
    yeah, i do dat too!!
  5. TJamMoneyMan

jlbear21: There are plenty of people who are making a full time income (not getting rich, just making enough to get their bills paid) on this
    However, I doubt very much that this is true.
    Got any proof?

(of course you really don't - there's no way you can verify how much money anyone is REALLY making, much less PLENTY of people!)

But, I hereby challenge you to prove this statement!
    (pls don't take that personally!)
  6. jlbear21

jlbear21 New Member

Well, you're right -- I can't prove those people are actually making a full time income off of it, I can only go by trust. I'm certainly not going to ask to see their actual bank statements. All I know for sure is money can be made if you're organized, on track, and you know the process well enough to zip through it without wasting a whole lot of time. Who knows?

I could take some info in to my tax lady who handles mine and my fiancee's taxes. She's an H&R Block Employee so I'd think she knows her stuff.

The internet is a very unsure place... I should know this by now, but time and time again I prove to myself otherwise.
  7. I have used Project Payday before. I didn't really like it though. It concentrates on using freebie sites and getting other people to join with you. It's kind of dangerous though, because you have to keep giving out your credit card info everywhere; because you're doing so many freebie sites. In order to get something for free you have to do many different trial offer.

Regards,
    Trevor Harris
  8. TJamMoneyMan

jlbear21: Who knows?
    I knows!!

If people are making statements of income, about something they are SELLING to you then, duh, there's a conflict of interest.

They are LYING!

Bank statements mean NOTHING!

jlbear21: All I know for sure is money can be made if you're organized, on track, and you know the process well enough to zip through it without wasting a whole lot of time.
    And you'll be set for life, if you hit the right lottery number!

Please don't take these comments personally.
    But you should be aware, when you make such unsubstantiated statements like the amount of money 'people' are making, you create the appearance of scam.

I am not saying you ARE scamming, although Project Payday perfectly fits MY definition of scam.
    But I am saying, by making such statements of income, you are using a scammer's very common, oft used techinque.

Any experienced marketer will recognize this.
    And those who become involved in PP and see just how scammy it is, will associate YOU with their analysis of PP.

Careful!

trevormharris: It's kind of dangerous though, because you have to keep giving out your credit card info everywhere; because you're doing so many freebie sites.
    EggZackly!

And before you think you can just use one of those pre-paid debit cards.
    These offers mostly REJECT pp debit cards, and will only work with a real live (dangerous) CREDIT CARD!

trevormharris: In order to get something for free you have to do many different trial offer.
    Yes, there's no free lunch.

And NO free laptops!!!
  9. cjmo75

cjmo75 Guest

I know some people have had a lot of success with this program, but I've still been hesitant. I'm of the belief that you need to pick one program and stick with it, and I've already got mine. Just don't think I'd have the time to invest in this.
  10. flexiblework

flexiblework New Member

makemoneyonline
    i've looked at this opportunity but did not join. Was not sure if it was a scam.
  11. jlbear21

jlbear21 New Member

I cringe at the sight and sound of Project Pay Day because I honestly feel that THAT program shouldn't be in any way associated with Free Lunch Room and the other legitimate freebie trading sites.

Freebie trading is one of those things that some will, some won't. Prepaid cards were taken out of the picture because people were using them as an easier way of avoiding recurring monthly charges. The whole point of completing offers is to give companies their fair chance at a trial run, and in return, you get credited and once you reach the credit you need, you get paid.

It's getting harder and harder to define a scam these days, I say go with the ultimate deal breaker - your gut. If you feel hesitant about it, don't do it.

I myself don't have time for freebie trading anymore. It can be time consuming and my time has become extremely precious as of recently.

Hey TJ, you got a Bud Light? I could really go for one right now!
  12. jlbear21

jlbear21 New Member

I really need to learn how to copy my replies before pressing Post Message, my wireless loves to go in and out and it stinks to have a reply written up and lose it. Fidelity? I think not.

Anyways, PPD shouldn't even be associated with freebie trading in my books. But that's just my op.

I don't have time for it anymore anyways between Ameriplan and my side gig. Oh yeah and chasing my son around the house, that's been fun.

Wish my neighbors would keep it down. Almost 2am and I can hear their conversation clear as day. Ha, wanna talk about a scam? My landlord's name should be in the dictionary as the definition.
  13. TJamMoneyMan

jlbear21: Hey TJ, you got a Bud Light? I could really go for one right now!
    LOL!!!

Glad you don't take my posts too personally!

I generally just ask folx to prove their statements.
    But folx, trying to sell you on their signature file websites, often can't be honest about what they are promoting - "good or bad"!!

I think scam is simply deception.
    Even 'legit' companies do it.
    Even websites/offers with a good and workable plan do it.

But:
    If it's statistically UNlikely that the ad-hype will happen for you, after giving up your money and/or time and effort, then THAT should be made clear.
    (and so, the midnight infomercials ubiquitous disclaimers - "this person's success is not typical...")

Then, as I feel about PPD and other online 'scams', some things take so much time to do, that it "just don't make no sense"!
    (like the endless cycle of website/offer/submission forms you run into as you attempt to get that 'free' labtop)

So, I guess there is degree of scam, and 'defacto scam' in MY book!

If u wanna read my book that is!
  14. jlbear21

jlbear21 New Member

Hey TJ, you got a Bud Light? I could really go for one right now!

LOL!!!

Glad you don't take my posts too personally!

I generally just ask folx to prove their statements.
    But folx, trying to sell you on their signature file websites, often can't be honest about what they are promoting - "good or bad"!!

I think scam is simply deception.
    Even 'legit' companies do it.
    Even websites/offers with a good and workable plan do it.

But:
    If it's statistically UNlikely that the ad-hype will happen for you, after giving up your money and/or time and effort, then THAT should be made clear.
    (and so, the midnight infomercials ubiquitous disclaimers - "this person's success is not typical...")

Then, as I feel about PPD and other online 'scams', some things take so much time to do, that it "just don't make no sense"!
    (like the endless cycle of website/offer/submission forms you run into as you attempt to get that 'free' labtop)

So, I guess there is degree of scam, and 'defacto scam' in MY book!

If u wanna read my book that is!
    I can't spend my time taking things too personally - it makes me far too uptight and tends to wreck the remainder of my day, which as it is, has too few hours in it, so I'll attempt to be a duck in these forums. Too many have too much hilarious & negative stuff to say and most don't deserve my time.

I've come up with a few degrees and definitions of scam to illustrate for those who come to me inquiring about such. Hopefully my website (which will be launched when my son allows me to finish it) will reflect my ideas and experiences well enough to serve its purpose.
  15. TJamMoneyMan

jlbear21: Hopefully my website (which will be launched when my son allows me to finish it) will reflect my ideas and experiences well enough to serve its purpose.
    Hopefully, yes!
  16. rabuford

rabuford New Member

There's a saying that goes something like this, "successful people do what unsuccessful people won't do".Which one are you?There are some people who don't take working at home seriously, but they are the ones who are thinking small. Work at home businesses can be provide exceptional incomes if you take the time to plan,and execute your plan on every level possible.
  17. busoppreviews

busoppreviews New Member

I looked at this too. Seems like a lot of headache and running around. When all is said and done you might average $10-$20/hr. For the headache and hassle it wasn't worth it for me.

I much prefer making money doing something I enjoy (I make websites now) which earn me money on autopilot. Ticks all my boxes.

TJamMoneyMan - are you still in TWRPS ? I'm always curious to know how that's going for people long term as I tried it in the beginning.
  18. TJamMoneyMan

busoppreviews: TJamMoneyMan - are you still in TWRPS ? I'm always curious to know how that's going for people long term as I tried it in the beginning.
    No, I may do TWRPS later though.

I would like to know that an affliliate web hosting plan is stable and here for the long term before I go promoting one...again!
  19. stechweb

stechweb New Member

Yes, project payday is not a scam. It will make money for their users, but not for everyone. Some success and bad stories are there. If you're going to make money with project payday, you have to take some risk. Also you have to expense some money. If you want to make real online income and replacement for your fulltime job, project payday is not for you. Use program like google adsense. It is not easy. But it will make real online income.
  20. TJamMoneyMan

busoppreviews: TJamMoneyMan - are you still in TWRPS ? I'm always curious to know how that's going for people long term as I tried it in the beginning.
    But my prime motivation was that TWRPS "teamwork" disappeared after the launch.

No response to em's and questions to my upline.

THEN, my sponsor had the NERVE to send out an email asking folx to tell them why they were quitting!

Of course, this means quite a few folx were dropping out.

My response?
    Let THEM read MY mind, like I had to read THEIRS!