Publicity Stunts (Your ideas welcome!!)

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Collin Andersen, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Collin Andersen

Collin Andersen New Member

Does ANYONE else besides me ever contemplate doing something to land themselves some national media coverage? Seriously, has an idea like this ever occured to you?

I haven't really come up with anything I would do, but occasionally you'll see those people who are in USA Today or on the evening news because they've done something silly like shaving a logo on the back of their head or putting a tatoo on their forehead, etc.

That's HUGE free advertising for these companies.

Just yesterday, there was a man in the paper who used to weigh more than 400 lbs. and he's walking across America coast-to-coast. People are taking interest and following him on the internet, etc. He's not promoting anything (yet) but there he is in the national news and all he's trying to do is lose weight.

Anybody got any ideas on what could be done that is NOT illegal, immoral, or fattening? There has to be someone else who's at least wondered this . . . . ?
  2. philena30

philena30 New Member

Yeah.. I thought about it before, like trying to break a world's record but it's hard to try to think of something cool without getting arrested. [​IMG] Some ppl get alot of attention by writing bazarre blogs or making silly stunts.