Question about Textbrokers WriterAccess

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Coolhandlocke, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Coolhandlocke New Member

Hi all, new to the forums and this is my first post. I got onto Textbrokers last week and Writers Access this week. I know the pay isn't the greatest, but I thought if nothing else it would help me to improve my writing. I noticed there are a lot of assignments on TB but I haven't seen any at all on writers in 2 days. Is it always like that on writers and are there any other similar sites with assignments?

Also with my first client on textbroker didn't go well, they asked for some edits but were very rude to say the least. Is that common to deal with? I noticed a lot of badly written descriptions on the job offers and wondering if it was the same at writers? I like the layout at writers better, but don't have a clue about the jobs yet as there are none lol....
  2. IWrite New Member

Hi,

I'm not familiar with Writers Access but I started writing for Textbroker about a month ago and I really like it. Although I haven't had the negative experience you describe, I have read similar comments on Textbroker's writer forum; suggest you tap into that if you haven't already. I think you'll see you're not alone. Some of the clients write confusing or limited instructions. I tend to avoid those assignments as there are plenty of others to choose from. Good luck!
  3. happywife Gold Member

You might want to look at odesk.com as they seem to be pretty good. I've posted there before when I needed some content written and found a couple of writers.

As you build up a reputation, you will be able to charge higher rates for your work.

I'm sorry to hear that you were treated rudely by a client. That is completely uncalled for and I hope not common.

I don't know what rates you are charging, but if you can write an article for $5, you may also want to post on fiverr.com. You may get some hires there, too.

Wishing you the best.
    Blessings,
    Angie
  4. Coolhandlocke New Member

Thanks for the responses. I've pretty much left Textbrokers alone since then, most of the jobs really don't suit me. If your thinking long-term, I also think it's not a good way to go. You can't really use the work in your resume, which is something I didn't think about at first.

As for oDesk, I would highly recommend the site to anyone. I managed to get 6 jobs within 2 weeks. Three of the employers re-hired me for ongoing jobs, so its worked out very well so far. My rates have improved a lot after building up my feedback. I went from 3-4 dollars for a 300-500 word article on Textbrokers, to 8-10 dollars per article for the same word count. Big difference...

I'll probably take a shot at Break Studios, as they do Movie reviews and that's the one field I've yet to break into. Movie reviews seem to be the hardest field to get started in, as a lot of people want to do those.
  5. whit1423 New Member

I have been writing for Textbroker for over 6 months now. Occasionally you will run into a rude client, but I have found sucking it up and cancelling the article works best. You can quickly move on to your next article and not be stressed by trying to fulfill a rude client's request.

I absolutely love working for Textbroker. After 3 months of getting hired on I received 4 star ratings and increased my salary through them by 40%. I solely work for this company, averaging about $1000 a month, working 20 hours a week. $1000 a month may not seem like much but it is to only be working 20 hours a week, and most importantly I get to stay at home with my son and I get to focus on my schooling.

I am going through a stressful time right now with Textbroker because my ratings this past week went back down to a 3 star. I am hoping when they rate my articles again I will go back up to a 4 star; either way I am still pleased.

I do wish I could find sites similar to Textbroker that are accompanied with such an easy hire-on process. I have applied with several other sites and have been rejected, except for Suite101, which I do not recommend. I prefer a site that pays me upfront for any articles I write.
  6. yann New Member

Avoid Textbroker.com there are anti commercial. I asked for a translation. They offer the category"translations" but the writer who did it, is totally incompetent, result : i put the translation into a garbbage and textbroker.com did not reimburse me the 50 US$; They just say, form e team, etc. I had had a bad experience some time ago with one of their free lance write, but they had reimburse, but the problem occured a second time and they didn't do anything. I m very dissapointed, because the person who did the translation has not the slightest idea o the garbagge work she did and even automatic translator do it much better.

Fortunately, I do not have the same problem with textbroker.FR.

Well, to resume... find another provider.

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
  7. Renny New Member

I would avoid textbroker as a client OR a writer. The reason clients are unhappy is that textbroker does not retain writers that please clients. They retain writers that please the EDITORS. Two completely different things! This is a bad approach to a business if your clients are paying your salaries. If the EDITORS are paying the salaries, then the editors should be pleased over the clients. The whole thing is set up backwards. The above comment from a former TB client seems to reinforce this. Their staff is rude, and they end up letting go of the writers who get the highest ratings from clients over picky, petty nonsense that the editors did not like in their articles. They don't get it that if an author is pleasing the clients and not making major mistakes with regard to spelling and grammar, that they need to stop the narrow-minded nit picking and let the writer continue to please the clients. Then everyone prospers. l feel bad for them, because in hurting their writers, they are also hurting their clients and their own company and don't realize it. I work for some wonderful places that not only pay more, but treat me wonderfully. Writer Access is one of them, although they don't always have work. I am just so grateful for the Content mills l do business with and hope they are always in business.