Question for Matt or Catherine or anyone

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by rhondap, Dec 5, 2007.

1. rhondap

rhondap New Member

I just gave away 2 vacations from my level 1 package, Las Vegas and the Disney World Vacation at a raffle....now...... do you guys mail in to activate the trip yourselves to the shipping center and have it sent to you or have the shipping center send it to the winner? Also if you mail the activated trip to the winner do you enclose a letter or anything and if so care to share an example.

This was my first time doing it and it was so much fun I would love to do it often perhaps next week at my husbands police department Christmas party.

Thanks,
  2. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Rhonda,
    what I would do is mail in the voucher myself and get the glossy to give to the raffle. That makes one less step the winner has to go through. I would also put in a brouchure or letter that has your website and contact info so if they want to learn how to get deals like this for the rest of their life they can do that. Just put the glossy and brochure in one of those big envelopes so you don't have to fold anything and maybe even throw in another un activated voucher so they can see how it works.
  3. jnapier

jnapier New Member

I keep an inventory of vacation certificates on hand, mostly L2 and L3. I simply put my letter with it and staple my letter and business card to the glossy certificates. The person who won get's it right away.

Jay NaPier
  4. victorious

victorious New Member

Hey Rhonda,

I definitely understand your concern; you want to give away the vacation the best way for all parties, that way you benefit on the publicity and they benefit on getting a free vacation.

What we do is we first activate the voucher with the shipping center for $6.95 or $20 for a cruise or whatever fee price is on the voucher, and then we give them the activated voucher and any other information that came with that voucher on how to redeem it.

Normally they would not have to contact you for anything since all the phone numbers and addresses they need to redeem the vacation is already on the voucher, but you should also give them your business card in case they need help or they know anyone who wants to buy a vacation package [​IMG]

Make sure you tell them everything they need to redeem the vacation is on the voucher; don't do it for them unless it's absolutely necessary.

Hope this helps!

Matt & Catherine Willis
    The Christian Marketers
    Successful Coastal Vacations Level 3 Directors
    770-995-0029
  5. goldmills

goldmills New Member

Anyone care to share what their "letter says" to the new owner?
  6. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Rhonda that is the $1000 question. I see it both ways. It all depends on a few factors. There have been times we have activated the voucher and at others we havent. To us it all depends on how you explain it to the client. This can be best done wth a nicely written letter that explains to them what they need to do. In addition to the letter I make it my business to prep them as well.

It again really depends on you, your style and your relationship with the client. Be creative and make your presentation to them memorable and fun and they will remember you and become a great referral base. I myself really like having the client follow the steps to activate the voucher. I do this to prep them for what they will do when they buy a package. I also do it so all of my teammates can follow my lead. I teach my teammates like Al does to give away as many vacations as possible to promote their business. If they are giving out lets say 10 vacations a week @ 6.95 a piece thats about $70 a week which translates to $280 a month in addition to the rest of their advertising fees. For some that might be cost prohibitive so I teach them to defer the cost onto the client as most brick and mortar businesses do. Now thats not set in stone as you have to weight the pro's and con's of the function you are running. It might be worth the activation fee in terms of return to you so make an executive decision for what works in your case.

Hope my two cents helps.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level 3 Director
    Founder of A-Team CV Apprentice Program
    302 327 6263