Questions about internet marketing/starting an online business

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Zach Andary, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Zach Andary

Zach Andary New Member

Hey everyone,

I am just doing some research...

And was wondering what your most burning questions are about
    internet marketing, and or starting your own business online.

Please write about 1-3 answers if you have that many, just not a
    whole lot so I can accurately record the results.
  2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Are you looking for questions or answers?

If you are looking for answers, I think the best starting point is identifying your niche/interest. What are you interested in? What do you think you could make money at?

At that point, you might want to consider creating your own website, adding content, and then working on ways to get the word out.
  3. Zach Andary

Zach Andary New Member

As I did write before, I'm looking for questions.
  4. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

Internet Marketing covers such a broad spectrum, and there are a variety of ways to approach it. The key is to target people related to your niche.
  5. Zach Andary

Zach Andary New Member

Yes, but I know how to market. I'm looking for new(er) people that have questions...

It's like a survey, as I state in my original post.
  6. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

For many people who are just starting online, the questions that I think come to mind are:

Can I really do this?

Can I really succeed?

Do I really think that I can earn enough money to earn a full time income?

What is the best way to earn money online?

Hope this helps.
    Zach Andary likes this.
  7. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Where can I find a good mentor?
    Where can I find good team support?
    How can I develop trusting people skills?

No matter the marketing tools and technology - it is still all about people.

How can I offer something of value to other people?
  8. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

9. NetMecca

NetMecca Member

I have a few internet marketing questions.

Where are the people?
    How do I best reach them?

It is a little bit of a challenge for sure.

Cheers
  10. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

Internet marketing can be a challenge, but I suppose that if you build it they will come :)
  11. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

That attitude may work in movies about baseball, but on the Web it's a different ball game.

Building a website and putting it online with absolutely no aggressive, deliberate plan to expose it to those who would benefit from its content, could be compared to throwing a bucket of water in the ocean and wondering why the sea level didn't rise.

You need to have a clear objective aimed at a particular demographic, along with a plan to help you accomplish that objective. Then you need to work that plan and make whatever adjustments may be necessary as you work out the kinks to get the traffic that will get you to your goal.

That process could take weeks, months or years, depending on several factors, and there's no guarantee that it'll ever work for you.

Internet market is indeed a challenge and meeting that challenge requires much more preparation than simply hoping "they" will come.

Hermas
  12. CatherineK

CatherineK Member

Code:
    Where can I find a good mentor?
    Where can I find good team support?
    How can I develop trusting people skills?
    No matter the marketing tools and technology - it is still all about people. 
    Agree totally with Elizabeth.
    I can remember starting out in the online world. There was so much info overload (still is) and excuse my expression, but you have to figure out the bull.... from the genuine article!

You really need to find someone who offers the support and who will stick around and be contactable. This is of course where the trust comes in. I remember buying informational products or courses that had little or no support, were never updated with the latest info and you were left to go it alone. Things have improved generally across the board these days, or at least there are more quality products around. (As I'm creating a product now myself, these points are very important to me - what can I offer people and how to provide direction and support.)

Once you find a great mentor or 2, stick with them.
  13. whitney black

whitney black Member

What's the biggest factor in someone's online business success? (I already know the answer lol)
  14. BeautyMomAlice

BeautyMomAlice New Member

My biggest questions
    1. How do you find people who are really interested in your product/services easily?
    2. What and how and where do you advertise
    3. How do you become a mentor to really help those under you?