Ranking is very Poor?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by Tech Maish, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Tech Maish

Tech Maish New Member

My blog domain is now 3 months old but still my blog ranking is very poor.
    Actually it is 1 year old, but after redirecting my blogspot domain to this one. And then migrating from blogger to wordpress i lost my blog home page ranking for my targeted keywords.

I need your suggestions.
    Any suggestions.
    URL:-

[Link removed - Admin]

2. Mark_Worthen

Mark_Worthen New Member

What have you done so far to improve your ranking? Also, when you say ranking do you mean PR, Alexa rank, Compete rank, or something else?

With that information we'll be able to offer better suggestions. You might want to also put your blog URL in your sig file so we can look at your blog.

All the Best,

Mark

3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

How many backlinks do you have? Do you have much unique content on your website? What have you done to make your website SEO friendly?

4. paulsmith

paulsmith New Member

To improve your ranking, you must follow a good internet marketing strategy. Make your site known through forum posting, blog blog posting, directory submission and use of social networking sites including twitter, facebook,myspace and the like.

5. shmeeko69

shmeeko69 Member

Hi Tech Maish

Creating backlinks to your blog should help your blog &
    certainly increase your search engine ranking.

Mark [​IMG]

6. mwashington

mwashington New Member

It sounds like you need some real good SEO work on the previous blog and the one you have now.I can help you. Get in touch.

7. gowriter

gowriter Member

Don't worry about the ranking so much as the traffic.

I recommend you write an article on Ezine Articles with a topic similar to the theme of your blog and post a link to your blog's home page. For some reason, Ezine Articles will not allow you to link to a blog post or a URL with a sub domain. You need a .com or .net address. You know what I mean.

If you optimize your keyword in your Ezine Article, the article will more likely show up on the search engine results page. Just have a link in the resource box to your blog.

Google has over 200 criteria that determines page rank with Backlinks being the one of the most important factors. I wouldn't sweat trying to figure out the backlink thing too much. I've seen a page with 21 backlinks out rank a page with 238 backlinks. So numbers don't matter. It's the quality of the backlink that matters. Link to an authority site.

Since the whole purpose is to get traffic anyway, why not just take advantage of a high-traffic site and funnel their search engine traffic to your site? Make sure your content is good and serving the purpose you want it to serve.

At the end of the day, it's about legitimately getting visitors where you want them to go in the most efficient and effective manner.

8. baxterbaker

baxterbaker New Member

Only the age of your blog is not the only factor that improve your ranking. You should add Unique fresh content to your site at regular interval and get more and more backlinks. This would help to improve the ranking of your site.

9. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Have you done any new backlinks in the past few months or even weeks? If you haven't, then this may effect your search engine ranking. You have to be on top of this all the time and can not reply on past performances.

10. mattjosh

mattjosh New Member

Yeah, definitely get more backlinks. Since your blog is aged, you can be a bit more aggressive with your techniques as Google places more trust on aged domains

11. jamess

jamess Member

Content and Backlinks are the most important thing to increase Page Rank...

12. Michael John

Michael John New Member

That's SEO for you. All I know is that even though you're redirecting your old blog to your new one, it's still a relatively new site. It takes some time to even get new sites to simply rank anywhere. Just be patient and keep doing your SEO that you used to do before. Keep updating your content because that will help show that your site is active and it will eventually get better.

13. CatherineK

CatherineK Member

I agree, be patient, keep adding unique content and apply basic SEO. Start building backlinks pointing back to your site at a steady pace. Now you are using WordPress (.org my preferred platform too) have you set it up to be optimized? Don't forget, with new sites the rankings in the SERPS can be all over the place for about 3 months anyway. Keep at it.

14. dotnettraining

dotnettraining New Member

discussions too good , thanks for sharing

15. NickHenry

NickHenry New Member

Try guest blogging.it is the best way.Google value only quality links these days.

16. Elizabeth21

Elizabeth21 New Member

Try doing all the things you have done previously , focus on keywords and again try to advertise as much as you can. You need to spend a lot of time and effort again. I know it doesn't feel good, that you have worked hard and now again you have to do the extra effort. but try hard you will surely get everything you lost. Moreover, there is another option of hiring a freelancer, as everyone is doing now a days, so you can also try, try hiring from websites like SEOclerks, listingdock etc. Good luck :)

17. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

The number one thing to do is EDIT your pages.
    When you update a page and PING it the search engines index it again.
    Even if you only change a few words it makes a big difference.
    Every page on your blog should be updated occasionally.
    Comments on a post basically have the same effect.
    WordPress pings any changes automatically.
    That's why search engines love WordPress.

18. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

Can I ask what type of SEO have you done?

Do you follow a guideline when creating your posts?
    Have you added any backlinks?

19. OmarS.K

OmarS.K Member

You need to start learning how to actually build backlinks, I will give you a brief overview of the different link building methods

1- Directory submission
    2- Article marketing and web 2.0 blog
    3- Guest blogging
    4- Blog commenting and forums posting
    5- Press realease
    6- Social signal
    7- Link indexing