Re Inventing Myself With Blogs

Discussion in 'Work at Home Dads' started by bkamanski, Jun 15, 2011.

1. bkamanski

bkamanski New Member

Hello Friends,

In 2008 I was able to quit my retail job and become a Work At Home dad. In 2010 I was riding high making six figures using YouTube as my main marketing resource. In the blink of an eye in May of 2010 I was banned from YouTube and the people responsible flagged my videos and YouTube closed my channel! I was devastated because we all thought it was only going to grow and get better.

I have learned a hard lesson since 2010 and I started to blog like crazy. It is a marketing technique that I am very fond of. I now have around five to seven working blogs and the income and traffic are coming back! This Internet has taught me How To adapt and re-invent myself. I just hope it lasts longer than my YouTube run!

pafaye likes this.
  2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Wow, maybe I should work less on making YouTube videos and focus more on article marketing. This is scary to think that you made all that money and they decided to delete all your videos.

No one is guaranteed in anything in life.

Only upwards for you from here.

You will do well.

pafaye likes this.
  3. bkamanski

bkamanski New Member

Thank you! I was floored when they hit me. I was pulling in $300-$600 a day like clockwork then BAM%&#! Broke with No Income! A great lesson. Use more than one marketing technique...Brad [​IMG]

pafaye likes this.
  4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

wow!! that is a wakeup call! I haven't used Youtube much but it makes me want to diversify my efforts even more than I do already. It's kinda scary in a way but then what isn't a bit scary sometimes in the entrepreneur world, eh? [​IMG]

pafaye likes this.
  5. bkamanski

bkamanski New Member

When I was at my peak I had over 750 videos on three channels. They accused me of Spamming. Go figure. LOL LOL Heck, I did not have 1000. Anyway, it was a good lesson and has forced me to become an expert blogger (tongue in cheek)! Brad

pafaye likes this.
  6. Soapboxmom

Soapboxmom New Member

Brad Kamanski's videos included solicitations for clearly illegal cash gifting schemes. Youtube does not allow solicitations for illegal activities on its site. Brad claims to be highly successful when he is living in section 8 housing. Who would want to emulate success like that???

7. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

As long as you aren't posting duplicate content or using black hat SEO techniques you should be fine. Panda and Hummingbird kinda changed the content game quite a bit. It's no longer all about the keywords (although they are still important).

8. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

How were you broke? Did you not save any of the money you were making? o_O

9. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Panda and Hummingbird changed the game big time. Content is still essential, but it is a lot harder to rank than it used to be.

10. Wi11

Wi11 New Member

Yeah I've recently looked into blogging. I'm not a strong writer so I'm looking to outsource my articles... So I've only put a few videos on youtube and looking to increase my presence there. So is there a limit to be aware of? So I don't get banned?

Thanks

11. payment proof

Well said.

It's safer to have multiple "eggs" and spread them around.

BusinessIdeas likes this.
  12. Kami A.

Kami A. New Member

And you know this how? Just curious. Seems to me that if that much money was running through his accounts, Section 8 would have caught on by now and kicked him to the curb, unless he is cheating them too. When I was in college and living in Section 8 housing, they were in my face all the time, checking my bank accounts, trying to ferret out cheaters. $600 a day is a lot of money to hide, and the only way Section 8 would not find out about that is if he wasn't claiming it on his taxes or not reporting it to them. Once it is claimed on your taxes, you are reassessed and gone from Section 8. Once I graduated college and got a job, I either had to pay full rent or move. I paid full rent for awhile, because it was one of the nicer complexes, then moved.

If someone is cheating the government and I can prove it, I turn them in. Those are my tax dollars (and being self-employed, I pay twice) that are subsidizing them. I don't subsidize cheaters.

13. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I am a little suspicious about the whole $300 a day thing myself, but nonetheless, it IS a great idea to have our eggs in more than one basket. I had kinda given up on blogging for awhile when Panda hit but am slowly getting back into it. In fact, someone else just recently lost all her blogger blogs and that's where mine is at, so I think I will be looking at hosting again this weekend. I am thinking BlueHost this time around... had used HostGator before but my daughter says Blue is better...

Guess I need to get my research hat back on as it's been a few years since I did any serious SEO stuff. I have mostly been utilizing social media for marketing.

14. Kami A.

Kami A. New Member

I have all my blogs on Blogger too, and I have been pretty slack about updating them. I have thought many times about moving to a host, because if I ever do get serious about them, I sure don't want to lose all my hard work. I know people who have been on Blogger for 10 or more years, though, and even sell things on there, but they are not bothered. If you friend got her blogs shut down, she must have been doing something wrong. I stick to Adsense and Amazon so far, but am thinking of getting some other affiliate ads. When I write regularly and promote the products I'm writing about, I do pretty well on Amazon. I'd just like to make a bit more money on a consistent basis.

15. payment proof

Be cautious about blogger. They tend to delete blogs with any affiliate stuff on them that isn't AdSense.