Real Estate Investor From home

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by ericmedem, Apr 1, 2007.

1. ericmedem New Member

I am suprised that more people dont try being property locators, or buyer finders for real estate. If I were a stay at home person I would put out some yard signs and run some ads, then matchmake buyers and sellers together for cash
  2. Chaz T New Member

Cool Blog. Seems like you're very knowledgeable on the subject of real estate (and more). I'm actually soaking up on some educational material about real estate (investing), which is not my strong point right now. But that'll change.

Kinda hip concept about playing matchmaker. Where would the compensation come from (seller referral commissions)? I could see this type of thing working if it's worth it for everyone involved.
  3. meccaill New Member

What kind of licencing would one require to be a matchmaker, isnt that the same as a realtor?? I want to get into real estate but dont have the resources and licences to do so. This seems like a way in if only its legal to do so without any certifications...

Tnx for tha post,
    Mecca
  4. robertlaf New Member

A good idea along those lines is loss mitigation. You try to help the person behind on payments by being a referral agent for a reputable loss mitigation company. It pays well, then you can always buy his house if he wants to sell. But there is a lot invovled in buying foreclosed properties. A LOT. it's probably better to be a bird dog for investors like this guy suggests first till you learn it.
    www.thomaslucier.com is one of the best too
  5. mewcreations New Member

Quoting: ericmedemI am suprised that more people dont try being property locators, or buyer finders for real estate. If I were a stay at home person I would put out some yard signs and run some ads, then matchmake buyers and sellers together for cash

Very interesing post. I have been holding on to some information I received from Balbey Publishing regarding "the cash flow business" and have really been thinking hard on getting more involved. The program runs about $150.00. but you get to list your properties on there site for investors.
  6. molyda New Member

You don't need any certification nor a license. You only need contacts and investors.

That's property scouting. I do that. I find properties for a group of investors. All I do is submit them contact info of seller and they do all the work. I collect a fixed fee. (that is in my province)

But with Mavrick real estate investors, it is possible to make 5-digit fee because they go for bigger deals and they are generous enough to give you % rather than a fixed fee. Instead of paying a realtor, YOU get paid!

So I'm going for it! But you have to love researching and looking at properties! [IMG]