Real money making stories

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Arkhad, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Arkhad New Member

I am new to this forum and like other new people using it to check out possible WFH opportunities. What I see is a lot of different opportunities but very very scant information from people who are making solid money week after week through their chosen medium.

I would like this thread to be useful and therefore invite only people who have made consistent money for three months or more and are willing to share details of that to post.

How about the rest of us shut up and listen and PM them with further questions if we want to. That way we keep the thread full of helpful stuff for all.
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Okay... I guess I will venture out here....[IMG]

I do not make as much money as some others on here and we all shy away from sharing what we make for several reasons...

1) There are no guarantees on making money online... those of us that do make money have been working HARD at it!

2) If we step out and state how much we make, our inboxes get flooded with Please tell me how I can do what you do.... and many of us simply do not have time for individual coaching!

3) Yes, it IS possible to make money online but there is no silver bullet to success with it... just plain elbow grease and ripping hair out learning curves. lol

So let's see... this morning I opened my email and I had made a $100 commission on some furniture... a few cents on adsense.com... and that's it so far.[IMG] the day is still young *wink*

Some days I make more and other days less... some days I actually don't make but a few bucks on adsense...[IMG]
  3. getagrip Gold Member

I have a lot of websites in different niches. I find that most of my online income comes from a handful of those. Like Mountainmom5, my sales fluctuate - some days are better than others. There are two specific products that I have earned commissions of $100 and $175 for every sale I have generated, so the potential to earn money online is real!
  4. IrishOday New Member

Are there any more testimonials here?
    Please do respond if you are making enough money to stay home & work. I know it could really be encouraging to me, so probably some others too.
    IrishOday
  5. cherie27 New Member

Currently, i am making some money, but not enough for me to work from home full time. But i will continue to work hard toward this goal.
  6. PavelBecker New Member

Arkhad,

I agree with Mountainmom5, plus, most of the voices you hear about scams out there are from lazy wonnabes, who for some reason believed that only in carpet cleaning business and in window washing business you have to actually work, but with Internet Marketing all you have to do is just gracefully "sign up" and the money will come pouring in, and when they did "sign up" and turned out you for some reason have to work at this business, they decided that it would be much easier just to start bad-mouthing the entire idea all over the place and give out this sweeping advises - everything about making money on the Internet is a scam! We tried and just lost our money!

Relatively shortly after starting my on-line journey I moved to California after spending almost 10 years in sunny Iowa. Not because I made proverbial million dollars in one month, but because turned out it doesn't take to much money to do so and we are spending about the same here for our living expenses (Tim Ferris was very clear about it in his "Four Hour Work Week"), but most important, without being attached any longer to a particular "job" or "place of business" you can live anywhere you want and still be on top of things. We just had to find a new job for my lovely wife, which wasn't that difficult. The matter of fact we moved after her new employment was confirmed.

We just had our first baby a week ago and I was extremely glad I didn't have to go to "work" or to some office to conduct my business all these days, just make a few steps to the computer. My wife is breast-feeding our daughter right now and I'm writing this post.

That's another benefit of the Internet marketing - geographical independence!

I have a few affiliate projects that trickle some money on a regular basis, the funniest was when we shot a few videos with a friend of mine regarding cardio and endurance training (we are pretty muscully) and linked them to a affiliate product and people are actually buying stuff because of watching our completely unprofessional videos.

I'm also promoting big-ticket product, so it doesn't take to many sales to generate OK money.

Getagrip is right, it's a business and your income will fluctuate, there is no guarantees here, but it's not an office clerk job to guarantee you your income.

Good luck!
  7. angiedbc456 New Member

Anyone on here makes money using Google Biz Kit or My Internet Payday or just make money with google. Please tell me your stories if you have and how can i get started with Google. Thanks
  8. toogabooga New Member

If you are focused and can stick to a solid plan, you can earn a very good income at home. It isn't get rich quick and it isn't without effort. It takes focus, it takes consistency and of course it takes the ride vehicle. There are many ways to do it. I've chosen to utilize affiliate programs for pocket change and my MLM business provides me with a weekly & monthly paycheck plus a residual income that I use for my retirement account. I am focused, I have my to do list made before I go to bed and I follow it everyday that I work. The thing I love most is the control I have over my time and my income.