REALISTICALLY?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by mechmanuk, Sep 2, 2010.

1. mechmanuk New Member

Hi, ok we want to start earning money online. We really like the idea of a BLOG site as its something we can do inbetween our lifes activities without much disruption. Eventually lets say for instance in 2 years time weve learnt how to succesfully affiliate, and how to use the blog site to make us money.
    Lets also assume weve put quite a few hours in and made the blog popular, REALISTICALLY? can one make a living just doin this type of work, does it put real money into ones account. I for one would be interested to hear back from the folks who actually make money, and i dont mean the links to buy advise i mean real people on here, cheers.
  2. A8ch Gold Member

mechmanuk: Eventually lets say for instance in 2 years time weve learnt how to succesfully affiliate, and how to use the blog site to make us money.
    Lets also assume weve put quite a few hours in and made the blog popular, REALISTICALLY? can one make a living just doin this type of work, does it put real money into ones account.
    Yes, one can make a living just doin this type of work. Yes, it does put real money into ones account.

As a matter of fact, if in two years you became a successful affiliate and also developed an income-producing blog, then you would already have known the answers to your questions.

Hermas
  3. mechmanuk New Member

yes fair comment, but im trying to get a picture as to whether i should or shouldnt go down that road. If i was to learn then i would devote all my spare time onit but also i dont want to waste time on a project that wont benefit me. thanks for posting hermas.
  4. A8ch Gold Member

mechmanuk: but im trying to get a picture as to whether i should or shouldnt go down that road.
    It's a road that many people have taken and realized tremendous benefits, and it remains very viable today.

mechmanuk: also i dont want to waste time on a project that wont benefit me.
    Taking that route will not automatically guarantee your success, that's going to be determined by you and the quality of the effort you put in.

Hermas
  5. Galenen New Member

mechmanuk

If you are looking to make money online and want to work at it I suggest that you check out "the challenge" it's free and is very professional google it.
    And to answer your question, yes you can defiantly make money.. but there is no get rich quick formula it all takes work.

Joe
  6. FreeCashMan Active Member

Blogging on a niche topic has been successful for many. If you take that route, and learn the power of SEO for what you are doing, you shouldn't have a problem with success. The amount of income you may be looking for will just depend on the marketing you are in and what you are promoting.

Make big things happen!!!
  7. mountainmom5 Gold Member

mechmanuk: I for one would be interested to hear back from the folks who actually make money, and i dont mean the links to buy advise i mean real people on here, cheers.
    I think I qualify as a real person on here. lol[IMG]

You are looking at a realistic number here, I believe. I highly recommend SBI as a tool to get you started as it teaches you HOW to build a site that gets its own traffic thru google.

I started my SBI site (emergency-survival-skills dot com) about 16 months ago so it isn't two years old yet and my income is going up nicely - from adsense and various affiliate links placed throughout my site.

Last month ( Aug) my earnings were roughly $450 with most of being adsense.

Right now my earnings are increasing by about 30% - 50% a month.

So yes, I am unashamedly an SBI fan all the way - especially for beginners.[IMG]
  8. jbconsul New Member

If I've learned anything with my time on the internet, it's that success comes with consistent hard work. It isn't just a post on the blog here and an article there. It's being consistent with blog posts each day and writing articles each day as well. And of course quality content goes without saying. It takes time and it works.
  9. mechmanuk New Member

thanks for posting folks, muchly appreciated and took on board.
  10. I make a full time income by blogging. [IMG]

Finding the right niche is crucial to your income if it is only going to be a single blog.

You can have multiple blogs that bring in small amounts of affiliate income - that can work very well.

Learn all you can about SEO, traffic strategies and how to build blogs successfully.

With hard work and determination you can make a full time income with blogging.
  11. yahia Member

There is not much more here to be said, I just wanted to add one more proof that it works, and that yes in two years if you are doing it right you could be generating full time income from blogging.

Just to add something useful to the thread, here is something I've learned:

If you want to make money online learn SEO and drive that free organic traffic to your site/blog. Monetize it the way you want. Adsense generates some income and gives you an idea what goes well with your site, so that if you are going to monetize it with affiliate links you know what to do next.

But

If you want to build a "business" you MUST learn and master monetizing paid traffic. SEO and free traffic generates income, but is not stable as long as search engines, especially Google, change their algorithms more than once a day! With paid traffic, like pay per click, banners, pay per view, pay per text ... etc, you can predict what to get for what you pay.

Besides, life is short, and time is the most valuable commodity I have. If I can replace my time consuming tasks with money I would definitely go for it as long as I can afford it.
  12. mechmanuk New Member

cheers for that, got lots of reading to do now.
  13. prohomeworker New Member

Yes it is 100% possiable, I my self could just live off my blogging income from a selection of my older blogs... but it is hard work you need to enjoy your niche and it needs to be a profitiable niche (a niche just talking about say "Back to the Future" films will not work as its a very tight niche, but say a niche about time travel films is wider...) Also i would suggest a number of blogs, not to many say 2-3 as it speads the risk you may double the viewers...

Some one told me once be your own competition, you could start a few blogs corning your market...

Good luck with it all...
  14. happywife Gold Member

Hi John,

I'll add my voice to the others to say that yes, real people can make real money online. I don't "blog" per se, although all of my sites have a blog type feature to them. I much prefer the static site model where the information is laid out in a more topical manner rather than chronologically.

Having said that, as long as you learn how to do it right and then actually take action, there is definitely money to be made.

Yes, some topics will be more profitable than others, but you really CAN make money on almost any topic, so I always suggest that people choose a subject that is of great interest to them because it is easy to get burned out on it otherwise.

You have realistic goals. You won't likely make a "living" in a year or so, but you certainly can over time. I'm coming up to my 4th anniversary online soon and I do make a "living" with it now. But it was sloooow in the beginning.

You have to understand that you are building a solid foundation in the beginning, so you want to take good advice and learn to do it correctly. Otherwise you will do as you fear and be wasting your valuable time and energy.

Blessings,
    Angie
  15. easiestbiz New Member

go to www.problogger.com

and www.entreprenuersjourney.com if you want to learn from the pros how to do this right and do it in less than one year.

I've made a full time income blogging and selling a membership site. I also make a full time income in network marketing doing blogs and articles. So it can be done just takes consistent, daily work.

Good luck!