Rental Agreement Forms vs Lawyer Authored Form.

Discussion in 'Accounting and Legal Advice' started by TriThunder, Jul 16, 2009.

1. TriThunder

TriThunder New Member

Okay, I'm just about ready to spring my trap, er, present my idea to my wife to see what she thinks. I just wanted to get a few more ducks in a row so she can see that I've really thought this thru. My question is in regards to rental agreements. My business would be to rent out something to my customers one week at a time and then I'd come and pick it up.

I'm wondering if there's a site that has a pretty tightly worded form concerning, 1), that the customer waives any and all legal claims against me/company and that 2), requires them to pay replacement costs if an item is damaged. I could go into more details if it helps, but not sure if that would violate the posting rules.

I'm planning on doing an LLC and will look into insurance as well, but this is going to be a small, very small operation that's also seasonal. My goal is to run this on the side during the spring/summer months and close it down over the 6 months of winter we have here in MN. If I can elaborate, let me know...

Jim.