Retired Grandma Wanting to Work 3-4 Hours Per Week

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by Lillian Sauve, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Lillian Sauve

Lillian Sauve New Member

So many SCAMS. Gave up looking for awhile after losing money. Have completed surveys and never been paid. No More surveys. Would someone be good enough to recommend a program on line a Grandma can do?

Tks. Lillian from Newcastle, Ontario. CANADA

2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

What are your interests and hobbies? Have you done any writing? Maybe you can create your own blogs and websites and try monetizing them with things such as Google AdSense?

3. Lillian Sauve

Lillian Sauve New Member

Thanku for replying. I am a novice, and accept for surveys I am a real newbie. I am not a writer.

payment proof likes this.
  4. payment proof

You're welcome Lillian. :)

Maybe some of your past work experience would lend itself to making money online?

Best of luck and I hope you find something very soon.

5. KB24

KB24 Active Member

What type of skills do you have? If you are going to be building sites ect you are going to have to learn how to write.(type).

6. vishwanath

vishwanath New Member

Hi. Its better not to hurry.. First you decide how you want to earn money, whats your passion. Most of the surveys and get rich quick schemes out there are fake. You can try starting a blog. You don't have to be a great writer to start something on internet.
    If you can speak common English and if you can convey the message to your readers, you are ready to go.I know many people of your age group making money with their own blogs and websites. I feel that is the best option for you.
    It's up to you to make the final call.
    All the best

7. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Lillian,

Welcome to the forum. I also live in Ontario somewhere.

To be honest with you, PAID SURVEYS is a waste of time and I think that you just have to move on and know this type of "Income producing" activity is a scam. The only people who succeed with paid surveys programs are the products owner and some of his/hers top affiliates.

I would look into online MLM and find a good mentor who is doing really well and learn from them.

8. Rob Fore

Rob Fore New Member

I recommend you go hang out on fiverr.com and check out what other people are doing and, even better, what services appear to be selling well. Then go offer a similar service. MASTER something no one else wants to do... like writing great articles or using a software program to distribute articles or whatever - and go offer a service.

9. Joe Casias

Joe Casias New Member

Lillan, I hope this messages finds you doing well. One of the biggest things you need to understand is that it has nothing to do with the business or product...But has everything to do with the mentor, a monkey can sign up someone into a program, but won't be able to share the knowledge and good business advice you will need to be successful.

~ Joe

<Snip>
    [Link removed - Admin]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
  10. AllanJames

AllanJames New Member

Lillian, just because you lost money doesn't mean something is a scam.People often use this word rather loosely and, for someone who's personally and financially free because of this industry, I would rather it be used when someone deliberately sets out to trick you and take your money, something that happens a lot less than most people think.

People loose money online for many reasons (and probably few or none of them apply to you):
    • Unwillingness to invest in their business. Free is a road to disappointment and disaster!
    • Failure to use the marketing tools all online marketers have to have to succeed - a sales and recruiting platform, autoresponder etc.
    • Failure to develop the attitude of a business person.
    • And there are many more.
    These are all personal failures, not scams

Forget surveys completely! Even the ones that pay, pay peanuts for time spent. A total waste of something finite you can never replace - your time.

On a more positive note ....

If you're willing to invest $9 a month, writing an occasional post for your own blog on any subject that excites you, let me know and I'll point you towards a Grandmother who's done just what you want to do and topped her retirement up quite nicely.

11. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Hi Lillian - hugs to you!
    I well remember when I was in your shoes, as far as checking things out online... there are so many ways to lose money until you kinda figure out how some things work...

Just don't be quick to pay for a program just because they sound so good!

I pray you will find the right opportunity - I don't do as much online stuff anymore in my work at home life, as I discovered that I really like working with people and helping people... so I do that more now.

Cheers!

12. OmarS.K

OmarS.K Member

Yes Lillian there is an easy method that you can make money online

It`s Posting ads on Classiefieds websites

13. Julie Klein

Julie Klein New Member

Always remember that if it sounds too good to be true, it likely is. If it is FREE, you will end up having to pay something at some point. Personally, anyone who mentions a six-figure income is someone I avoid. No matter what they tell you, very few earn that much.

I too am a grandmother and pretty low-tech. I've gotten better as I go along, but I am still no computer whiz.

Do LOTS of research on any company you find interesting - including on 3rd party websites to see what those outside the company say about it.

Choose your sponsor carefully. Get to know them a bit. If they won't spend the time with you before you join, kthey'll likely abandon you once you join.

Be sure you LOVE the product or service you'll be selling. You need to use it yourself and feel passionate about it to succeed.

Feel free to contact me. Meanwhile, good luck in your search!

Julie

14. washugabi

washugabi New Member

Hi Lillian,

After much browsing, I finally joined this site to answer your question. :D

First, I skimmed through and I'm so glad I didn't see eBay come up. It usually comes up and I grit my teeth when people suggest it, lol. IMO, it's a great opportunity, but it requires a lot more effort and skill than most will admit, it feels saturated, and you can run into a few scamming customers who prey on novice sellers. Sure some have very good luck there but it's not as easy as some people say it is, lol.

Now to the question, for bonafide $$ for your effort, I'd suggest something like Amazon Mechanical Turk. It's not an hourly gig, but its legit. (Think 'pay per task').

Doubt if it's full time, but you only wanted a few hours a week of work. And you can prob get more than that if you want.

Also have you tried Lionbridge, (another pay-per-task site if I recall correctly)? Its been a while since I've worked with either but looks like they're still around.

BTW, did you have luck in finding something to suit you?

Hope this helps. :)

15. Lillian Sauve

Lillian Sauve New Member

Thankyou to everyone who replied to my question. A good feeling to know that some people do care.

Lillian from Canada

16. Chris Del

Chris Del New Member

Yup, Paid surveys is a NO NO. It's not exactly money you get when you complete a survey, it's points. You have to earn a certain amount of points to get money. Each surveys range between 50-100 points at about 15 minutes to complete and you have to have like 60 000 points to make $20 bucks, do the math lol.

Making money online can be challenging at first depending what you do. Definitely finding a mentor with a good reputation will help you, it's really the only way to learn correctly, because otherwise your just going in blind and falling for stupid survey sites.

Good luck to you, I'm from Ontario myself :) Lived here all my life and man, you have to work so hard here just to get by. My friends moved to Calgary because there's so many job opportunities there that make a killing, mind you the life in Calgary is completely different from let's say Toronto lol But, people are working in Calgary for a couple years, come back to Ontario and buy a house. Me, I can't stand jobs anymore, that's why I turned to Internet marketing :)

Hope everything works out for you !

17. payment proof

It depends on the site. There are a lot that pay in cash. :)

18. bosslady2013

bosslady2013 New Member

I did a few survey sites to and yes I had the same experience. I may have something that may interest you. Its something my mom can do. I say that because she is old school LOL and don't do all the websites and blogs.

19. Xue Cheng

Xue Cheng New Member

I recommend you try affiliate marketing. You don't have to sell anything, nor make phone calls, nor talk to anyone face to face. There will be a done-for-you-system in place and all you have to do is bring in the leads. Plus they have a one-on-one coach to help you along the way so that you are successful. Remember, they are successful only if you are too.