reverse SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by potsyn, May 12, 2010.

1. potsyn Guest

What is reverse SEO and how does it work?
  2. carterstory New Member

3. talfighel Silver Member

It also means other things which you can read on Google when you do that search.

Tal
  4. carterstory New Member

Edit: Just noticed I didn't list the other more common use.
    Reverse SEO is using Good Image to bury bad image online.. (yourself, your business, your products).
    I just heard of a company that focuses on this for people to bury anything bad onine about them for dating purposes.
  5. rohnsmith Guest

Reverse SEO is the processes of technically pushing down your website from the first page of Google.
  6. Norma New Member

As i know Reverse seo deals with decreasing competitors search engine ranking position. This is done to ensure more clicks comes to your website not your competitior.

It doesn't seem to be ethical though. One way of doing it is posting your competitors name in spam websites. Google bans the website.

But its not ethical. [IMG]
  7. getagrip Gold Member

Norma: One way of doing it is posting your competitors name in spam websites. Google bans the website.

But its not ethical.
    Wow...that is pretty lame. Hopefully, no one in this forum will get caught up in that. Very bad way to do business. If you are going to compete, do your best to get good natural search engine rankings - please do not resort to shady tactics.
  8. sarahberra New Member

I've never heard of reverse SEO, but it make sense that this would occur. If you don't do any work on your web site you won't climb in rankings. However, just letting your site sit will eventually help you increace rank becuase of site age.
  9. carterstory New Member

If you apply tricks like this you'll never have the abundance you desire. Being wealthy is all about staying in the positive light and promoting yourself, not trying to bring others down to the ground.
  10. AlfredWilmer New Member

As I have heard Reverse SEO is a technique, based on the simple fact that there is a second way of getting on top of the Google search results
    Reverse SEO is an SEO technique that is capable of decreasing a competitor's rank in the Google Search Engine. We can decrease a competitor's rank without touching his website using Reverse SEO.
  11. Johnkitty New Member

Reverse SEO is a bad and unethical technique that will make competitors' site down with the reverse process. This will be easy to work with but need some time to do.
  12. CarrieLyn Guest

I'll have to agree with most of the people here who commented on the ethical concerns with reverse SEO. We can only live an abundant life when we act and talk from our hearts with honesty and integrity. I don't think that using reverse SEO tactics allows you to do either.

Your post does remind me though of a comment or theory rather that successful people generally follow: "To be really successful, find out what you're competition is doing and then do the opposite."

Don't be afraid to go against the grain and try out something new, who knows...you might be the next guru with a million dollar product!

All the best,
    Carrie Hogue
  13. josaphlewis Guest

Reverse SEO has grown to be one of the most capable approaches for minimizing the impact of bad advertising within the search engines organic schedule.