RUN From Negative People!!

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by RayvinAndRob, Aug 18, 2007.

1. RayvinAndRob New Member

How do you view the world? Do you see it as a good place to live or a cruel one?

It seems most people have a negative view of the world. They're always complaining about one thing or another.

Just watch the news. People killing each other. People out for themselves and their own good. A me first attitude.

That's what the media focuses its attention on. That's what you focus yours on if you allow it.

Why fill your mind with other people's negative stuff? Is there a point?

Don't listen to people who tell you that you should stay informed about world events. They're just brainwashed by the media. It does you no good whatsoever.

Staying informed regarding the criminal activities in your neghbourhood or the acts of violence the news tells about isn't going change things.

Staying informed about poverty levels in your city or about war and terrorism in your country or other people's countries isn't going to lead to abundance and peace.

The reason we have those things is because that's what the majority of people think about. They are ghetting more of whatever it is they don't want because that's what they're allowing into their minds. It's what's on most folks' minds.

Instead, turn the TV and radio off. Don't read the newspaper. Ignore negative people in your life. If they start talking about their problems or the problems of the world or even the bad weather, RUN AWAY! Chances are you can't help them anyway.

You can try to turn the conversation around, of course. Try to help them focus on the good in the world instead. Help them to adopt a healthier outlook on life. Suggest to them to stop reading the papers and listening to all the garbage.

When they ignore your advice and keep right on pounding you with their crap, that's when you RUN! Friend, family or foe.

You need to preserve your positive outlook on life. And you can only do that if you protect your mind. Set a guard to the entrance of your mind. Direct the inflow of ideas and you will succeed.

To learn more about how to live a more balanced, harmonious, and abundanct life, contact us.

To Your Success!

Rob Nyte
    Guild of Abundance
  2. pcwork New Member

What you say is true, staying with negative people can really affect you mentally. They have no work but to criticise you. It is better to stay far away from them, if you wish to remain happy.
  3. A8ch Gold Member

Quoting: TheGuildYou need to preserve your positive outlook on life. And you can only do that if you protect your mind. Set a guard to the entrance of your mind. Direct the inflow of ideas and you will succeed.

Great advice!

The thought seeds you plant in the garden of your mind will provide a harvest according to the nature of the seeds. Good thoughts will yield good fruit and vice versa.

What's interesting is that it requires the same effort to dwell on positive, uplifting and inspiring things, as it does to think about negative stuff. It's simply a choice!

The challenge is to develop the discipline to focus on the positives until it becomes habit. That opens the gateway to transforming your life forever... like magic!

Hermas
  4. RayvinAndRob New Member

Hello Hermas,

Although I am not a Christian, I do have great respect for the Master Teacher. Didn't he say something like "You reap what you sow." And "Some receive thirty fold, some sixty fold in measure. Others receive even 100 fold in proportion to what they give!" Wonderful Truth!

Your friend,

Rob
  5. itsjoanne New Member

Great post and I agree 100%.

I used to be a news junkie and then wondered why I felt depressed so much.

There is something empowering about staying away from negative news and negative people.

It DOES have an impact!

Thanks for posting this.

Joanne
  6. createjoy New Member

Great Post! I often wonder why we stay so long with toxic people. I something in your house smelled bad you would work till you found it and toss it out. If food taste bad we spit it out, if music sounds bad to us we turn it off, but with toxic people we let them stay to long. Without ever realizing how much affect the truly have on our physical being. Les Brown said I can run a lot futher with someone by my side then I can run with one toxic person hanging around my neck!

Linda
  7. Solomonhuey New Member

I made the conscious decision to remove negative factors from my life a few years ago. It has made a tremendous difference in the way I live my daily life.

You can't avoid negative people and negative actions, but you CAN choose to not let it affect you. I can't explain the effect it has had on me, but I promise being in a positive environment yields positive results!
  8. jillbradlie New Member

My dad is very negative when it comes to me making money online. Today I made $500.00 in online sales and he still doubts me. I think the negative attitude is because he didn't grow up with the internet and people are always negative to things they know nothing about. I can't take my dad out of my life but I can look to understand why he may be this way.
  9. jschuman New Member

Mark Yarnell is a famous mlm business person. He says in one of his books that he does not even read newspapers or listen to the news. It will just bring you down.
  10. westfam11 Member

My dad is also negative. But there are some things I just don't discuss with him. Business, money, internet, computers. Those are things to leave out of the discussion. If you don't do it his way then it is wrong. I have come a long way of getting rid of this kind of thinking. It really weighs you down. It is difficult when it is a family member but I just have to limit the subjects to talk about.

Becky West
  11. CSGWAHM New Member

I'm constantly being told that I'm too positive and happy......how can you be too positive and happy??? Oh, yeah, why would I like to be negative and angry??? I think because so many people are used to complaining and not doing anything about it and they're just negative in general, they don't know how to handle compliments, happy people or nice things being said about them or somebody else. It's really ashame. I don't like to see the world this way.
  12. ateamfuntimer New Member

In this world of negativity it is often difficult to rise above and turn the other cheek. I struggle with it everyday. I grew up in the Bronx, NY and was a cop for 5 years and being all of 5'6" and 180lbs ive had my share of being picked on. The one thing ive learned about negative people is that they usually feel bad about themselves and itself of directing their energy towards fixing the issue they usually take those feeling out on others. Misery loves company. When I really get in the midst of negative people I just feel sorrow for them and just pray for them.

I refuse to let their problems affect my great day. Im blessed and feel warm and joy for just being alive. I enjoy my gift of life and live life abundantly. Let the negative people see how happy I am and let my light shine so bright that they can barely stand it.

This little light of mine im gonna let it shine.

Adam Frederick
    Trainer + Motivational Coach
    Travel Expert
  13. 2bwahm New Member

I've actualy stopped wathcing the news as much as possible. I find that I don't think aobut negative happenings all day long now. Now I need to work on being a bit more positive ALL the time. It is hard!
  14. southbank63 New Member

If only it were as easy as keeping negative people out of your life!

I try to hold on to a positive attitude.. sometimes by my fingertips! As my 'proper' job as a psychiatric nurse is draining at the best of times.. I think that is why i enjoy working online so much.. maybe it is the anonymity of online work that appeals? mm maybe I should take a closer look at that?[IMG]
  15. aplina New Member

someone told me to turn what is -tve to postive. sometime that is what you need to do.
  16. ka7952 New Member

I can't tell you how many negative people will say things just to make stop making things better for yourself.

It is almost as if they would be so happy if you could not succeed, like "see I told you so".

So yes!!, Don't listen to negative people.
  17. costainternet New Member

Who we surround ourselves with is of utmost importance. When we spend time with other people we entrain with their with their frequency of vibration. That is why it so important to surround yourself with successful people.

The secret is to raise you own vibration and learn to maintain it even when you are around negative people.
  18. Bluecash New Member

This is a great thread. Very empowering! I really like this board.