Saturday Conference Call

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by RickKelley, Aug 8, 2008.

1. RickKelley

RickKelley New Member

Took this from another forum......

Take it for what it is worth,

------------------------------------------

Email to members...

============================================

Hello Business Partners:

As all of you know, several leaders have been very active in our search for the proper plan of action for all members of ASD and when that plan should be implemented. We have been working for several days with a major law firm that we feel is the right choice to represent all members of ASD in our quest to prevent the United States Government from further harming our businesses and preventing them from seizing our funds, which are very much at risk at this moment. In addition we have done our homework on this law firm and you can do the same by going to this website www.fflawoffice.com This law firm was recommended by two very active ASD members who have a long standing relationship with the Senior partners of the firm.

This action on behalf of the members will in NO way interfere with the legal team of ASD. Our goal is to PROTECT all ASD members by filing a law suit on behalf of all ASD members, against the US Government. We chose the law firm of Friedman & Feiger because it has the experience in such matters in dealing with the US Government. www.fflawoffice.com

In conclusion, our goal is to...

1 Retain the services of Friedman & Feiger on behalf of all ASD Members

2 Prevent the US Government from seizing our funds

3 Continue to provide ASD members with Internet advertising for their business

4 Explain the ASD advertising business model

There will be a conference call on Saturday, August 9, 2008 where Senior partner Larry Friedman and associates will be explaining the legal process necessary to get this accomplished. Please open the attachment, read the letter and respond immediately. Time is of the essence.

Conference Call Details

Date August 9, 2008 (Saturday)
    Time 12:00PM EDT

Conference Dial-in Number: (218) 936-7999
    Participant Access Code: 248871#

Thank you,
    Joe Shoop

2. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Will this be a class action to get our money returned??

Hmm the firm is right here in Dallas, it's one I'm not familiar with. My Daughter was married to a prominent attorney here.

3. 1Cool7Deuce

1Cool7Deuce Guest

Luvtravel:

ASD members have developed a defense strategy for members.

The issue right now for concerned members is to:
    1) Become informed and pass only credible information to all members. And, search out members to inform continually.
    2) We are resolute/completely supportive of Andy and Co.

3) We are aligning into a Leadership Team and the Attorneys
    will be at the forefront on all issues going public.
    4) The effort is member-driven and therefore we are
    contributing to the firm for services.
    5) We ask for limited use of Blogs- we must inform our members
    of pertinent and correct information-- and ask you to seek
    official information from the Leadership Team..

Ad Surf Zone

The Breakfast Club

4. RickKelley

RickKelley New Member

Do some research Luvtravel! Maybe we can get an inside scoop.

5. cnc012108

cnc012108 New Member

Does anyone see an attachment that we are suppose to read for the conference call on Sat.?

6. paulk

paulk New Member

IMPORTANT ATTACHMENT:

TO ALL ASD MEMBERS:

As you already know, the U.S Attorney's office has filed suit against Thomas A. Bowdoin, Jr., Clarence Busby, Jr., ADSURFDAILY, Golden Panda, and others complaining about the sale of unregistered securities and referring to the business of ADSURFDAILY as a Ponzi scheme. The members strongly disagree with the Government's claims. This lawsuit allowed the Government to seize a great deal of property, including various bank accounts, credit card accounts, undeposited cashiers checks and virtually shut down our business. We believe that this action by the Government is both unfounded and outrageous. In addition, we believe the seizure of ADSURFDAILY property and shutting down our business without notice violates ADSURFDAILY Members constitutional rights to due process. These harsh acts require an immediate response.

Accordingly, we are in the process of retaining an attorney in Dallas, Larry Friedman (see his website at http://www.fflawoffice.com). He is the managing partner of the litigation law firm, Friedman & Feiger, L.L.P. We know him to be one of the top lawyers in Texas. He is smart and very aggressive, and has taken on the Government before in matters such as these. He has even dealt, successfully, with certain Government attorneys listed on this complaint.

We intend to fight the Government's lawsuit, get our business going, get our cash flowing again and get our money back. To that end, we would like to hire Larry Friedman. We are asking every Member to join with us. Where possible, we ask you to contribute to our "war chest." Larry has agreed to commence representation once we deposit a $100,000 retainer in the "ASD Membership Legal Defense Fund" trust account. As you know, good representation is expensive. This litigation may cost a lot more. We would like to raise several hundred thousand dollars to be kept in the trust account, which would be refundable if not used.

Please respond to this email, letting us know we can include you as a named Intervenor on the pleadings. This action will represent every Member of ASD and we trust we can count on your financial support. We are asking for a minimum contribution of $500 per member, but welcome any amount, large or small. Every member that joins our group will be represented by Mr. Friedman.

Please make your checks payable to "Friedman & Feiger", indicate your ASD member name and ID number on the check and overnight the check to:

Friedman & Feiger, LLP
    "ASD Membership Legal Fund"
    5301 Spring Valley Road, Suite 200,
    Dallas, Texas 75254.

Your may also wire the funds directly to the defense fund trust account at:

Friedman & Feiger, LLP Trust Under the IOLTA Program
    Inwood National Bank
    Dallas, Texas 75209
    Acct # 211107762 ABA # 111 001 040

7. hammerx3

hammerx3 New Member

I think I'll just sit back and see what happens with the civil complaint. I believe that ASD will come out on top and that everything will get back to business as usual. If people believe that ASD is in the right, why would they need an attorney to represent the members. I would think this would only be cause to aggravate the government at this time.

8. Morelans

Morelans New Member

Can it be in add packs? [​IMG]

9. phiwilli

phiwilli New Member

Morelans: Can it be in add packs?

That's funny!![​IMG]

10. tmorrison

tmorrison Member

hammerx3: I think I'll just sit back and see what happens with the civil complaint. I believe that ASD will come out on top and that everything will get back to business as usual. If people believe that ASD is in the right, why would they need an attorney to represent the members. I would think this would only be cause to aggravate the government at this time.

I agree! We will prevail!

11. RickKelley

RickKelley New Member

Did this conference call happen? If so, any details to pass along?

12. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

YES. Posted on the Thread Andy Bowdoin August 8 Conference Call

13. RickKelley

RickKelley New Member

I actually meant todays conference call with the Attorney's, at 1200. My first post to this thread. Guess not, huh?

Anybody make it on this call? Anybody get any information from it?

14. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

nope. although there was a debate on it on the adsurfzone forum

15. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

yes, I was on the call but we couldn't hear the attorney speak he drifted in and out but the gist of what that group wants to do (there are several groups starting lawsuits etc)
    is for those who want to be included in a suit to protect their interests would have to pay all atty expenses which even with several thousand members that can eat up most if not all what we, the "smaller" ad buyer may have invested in ad pkgs in atty fees.

It seems to me it is a suit for the BIG promoters who promoted so many that they were getting about $20,000 PER MONTH!!

IF you bought ad pkgs for under $1,000 and didnt sign up a lot of people than this one may not be a good one for you. This could last for years to "protect your interests".

For those of us who bought less than $1,000 there are other more viable, cheaper and quicker options to get our money back!!

Personally I am getting on with the business of MAKING MORE MONEY, not waste any more money or time by waiting for ASD to "return" I am going to promote a real business and generate a good income .

16. nkelly

nkelly New Member

Hmm. Those people who were earning $20,000 a month were being paid by new members like me.
    They have made tons of money since they started with ASD and we have lost everything...to them.
    And its them who are in a position to sue someone to get "their" money back.
    What's wrong with this picture?

17. JoeBlow

JoeBlow New Member

Generally speaking, when an attorney or law firm takes a case and charges by the hour for their services on a case where they expect to receive a big recovery, it means they have a weak case and do not think they have a high chance of winning the suit. They take the suit knowing they will get paid by their client. (which are the ASD members). In a contingency case, such as a class action lawsuit , attorney's are willing to cover all of their clients expenses for a major cut of the settlement or judgement. Those lawyers feel their chances of coming ahead financially are stronger than their costs. So, the fact that this law firm is charging per hour shows me they are not that confident they will win.