Scam Or Not? Get Your Wealthy Affiliate Questions Answered!

Discussion in 'Wealthy Affiliate' started by CianMc, Mar 10, 2011.

1. CianMc

CianMc New Member

Hey folks,

I thought this would be a good thing for gang who are deliberating about whether WA is a good fit for them.

So if you have any burning questions on the Wealthy Affiliate University just drop a line here and I'll try my best to answer.

As someone who met the owners Kyle and Carson (along with the other top WA members) I hope I can give shed some light on the issue. (I've a few photos of the meeting, so if you need visual proof just me a pm or something)

Rest assured, WA is a totally ethical place where hard work is rewarded. No magic systems are in WA...the ones that you see when you google ''get rich quick' or something.

It's all about running a sustainable and profitable business that adds VALUE to people's lives...and at WA you are given the tools, support and training to make this happen...regardless of experience.

Nonetheless I expect a plethora of questions so fire away! Pretty sure other WA members here would love to help too

Best,

Cian McCarthy

2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Scam or not? The first question is how much does it COST? per mo/yr.
    And how much of that information is already available on this forum?
    There are something like a dozen pages of results for WA on this forum alone.
    Glad you applied yourself and made it to the top of the heap.

Oh, and how much do you make off that monthly membership fee if I sign up?
    (not that I would but it's a fair question you should answer)

3. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Wealthy affiliate recently had a $1 trial. I should know, every newsletter I signed up for as a newbie sent me the offer. I really do need to unsubscribe to some of those lists.

From what I have heard though WA is full of useful information, but I stay in information overload.

4. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

According the WA website:
    Wealthy Affiliate University: $97 per month
    Includes unlimited website hosting.

Also from the WA website:
    Earn Up to a Massive $375 Per Referral!

Guess that answered 2 of my questions.

5. CianMc

CianMc New Member

Just2EZ

It depends..as there is a $47/month package and a $97/month package. I'll be honest, if you recommend WA (and I happen to offer their best bonus..says so on the sign up page) then for the $47 it's $22.50 and for the $97 it's $46.50....a month. If someone joins up for the year...then it's $375.

Nevertheless I've recommended loads of folks to it who are still there after two years...which illustrates that they see the value in the place.

A lot of the information can be found online if you painstakingly search for it, but at WA you get it in all one place and know that none of it is crap...unlike in other places where one must filter the muck from the gold.

On top of that, the tools are ace...especially Wordpress Express, which allows anyone to get over their fear of building a website.

Best thing, though is that it gives you a plan!

Cian

6. rickk44

rickk44 New Member

Ok I have a question. A few years back I bought in to another similar program that provided a website and promised all kinds of traffic in a few days and loads of money from advertising.

Well I got the site and went to work all ready to live in a mansion and drive a ferarri. None of these things happened. In fact every website for everyone was absolutely identical and try as I might no matter how many of my keywords I searched in Google my site was never there....AT ALL... and I mean I sifted through 50 pages looking for it.

So I guess my question is how will this be any different.

7. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I heard that they are not so bad. Although you will have to take action and never give up if you want to truly succeed with it. This is the same for all other work at home and home based business opportunities.

Tal

8. CianMc

CianMc New Member

rickk44

WA doesn't promise you will living in a mansion and driving a ferrari...they are at pains to point out on their homepage that effort is required...that there is no magic system that prints money.

WA teaches you how to get traffic, shows you how to build profitable web assets which can be whatever niche you want to enter.

You can make your website profitable from

-adsense

-affiliate marketing

-your own product

-cpa offers

-creating something that is of real value (social media)

All these types of websites in turn can be flipped aswell for a lump sum.

If you want no bull and just pure gold of how internet marketing works then WA rocks.

9. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

WA is not a scam - I was a member for 6 months and Kyle and Carson are the real deal.

However WA is not the best place to start for newbies - way too much information, too much distraction and too much BS. The starter course is actually full of information that you can now get for free and the tools are not all that they are cracked up to be.

Just2EZ: According the WA website:
    Wealthy Affiliate University: $97 per month
    Includes unlimited website hosting.
    They do have a great tool that literally builds blogging websites for you.

The catch?

You can't take it with you when you go. I know of many people who have had several sites as a part of their WA membership and lost them when they decided to cancel their membership.

WA is a great place for those who understand about how affiliate marketing works and want people to bounce ideas off - Travis is there, so is Jennifer Ledbetter (PPG) - I think Victoria NTC is also a member..... but then again, there are other places to do this that won't cost you a cent either...

10. CianMc

CianMc New Member

Rach72

Nearly all the information on internet marketing can be got for free in one form of another...but time is the most valuable asset, and at WA you got everything in one place + direction.

And having met Kyle and Carson myself, they are indeed the real deal [​IMG]

11. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

With all due respect I can name at least four well respected individuals who are giving you the same (and more up to date) information for free

Chris Farrell
    Matt Carter
    Mark Ling (Affilorama)
    Andrew Hansen
    Eric Holmlund (Erics Tips)

12. CianMc

CianMc New Member

Rach72

Oh you mean marketers that give away free stuff as a pre-sell to their products. WA has that same information on their blog.[​IMG]

www.wealthyaffiliate.com/blog

But yeah, WA has over 100 training modules encompassing a boat load of IM avenues and strategies which I haven't seen from these guys....

Although I know one of those guys listed literally charged $2k for a simple affiliate marketing course last year...so I've lost all respect for him....something which Kyle and Carson would never do. [​IMG]

WA is built on the best of intentions...and that's why I'm proud to be associated with it.

13. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

CianMc: marketers that give away free stuff as a pre-sell to their products
    I have to agree with that one for sure.
    Mark Ling was great for years, then started promoting other peoples stuff DAILY!
    I told him I was tired of the spam and unsubscribed this year after several years.
    A shame since he really was one of the good guys before his mom died.

14. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

CianMc: WA is built on the best of intentions
    Yup, I agree. But I'm not paying $97 or $47 a month for good intentions [​IMG]

CianMc: Oh you mean marketers that give away free stuff as a pre-sell to their products. WA has that same information on their blog
    I will agree to a point. Love 'em or hate 'em at least these guys do give away free relevant stuff - and in Affilorama's case do not charge to be a member of the forum. By the time you have learned the basics you should also know when to hit the 'unsubscribe' button [​IMG]

I don't see any free trials or forum access through WA. The WA blog is not a training ground - it is a well written opinion piece just like Pot Pie Girl's or any number of advanced marketers.

Great discussion - I've been dying to have it for ages [​IMG]

I actually did like the place until they turned a lot of the control and tutorials over to the members - I think that it was the platinum launch in 2009? It was all downhill from there.

15. CianMc

CianMc New Member

Rach72

Nevertheless, I don't see the WA guys selling out and doing $2000k launches like the marketers you mentioned.

WA is vast no doubt, but for the action taker it is goldmine,and for those who want step by step they have that too. Webinars of live training is a new addition which I think has made WA that much more valuable ...at least it was for me....I was even allowed to post to their blog due to my success...

http://www.wealthyaffiliate.com/blog/lucrative-leverage-become-a-god-like-noel/

But yeah, we'll agree to disagree...[​IMG]

16. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

I do agree that theres a big information overload which is why they have 30 day success club program for beginners.

There is a community very willing to help though (very non-judgmental I might add lol), your forum posts will be answered quickly and if that's not good enough you could go on the live chat (new there) and see if anyone will answer you question)

I personally like helping newbies and even though I didn't refer them, I'd like to see them make some money online [​IMG]

17. wah101

wah101 New Member

Rach72: I don't see any free trials or forum access through WA.
    They are now offering a free 10-day trial! [​IMG]

WA is not a scam, first because they don't make these ridiculous claims that other programs do. I love WA, personally, and it's well worth the money to me, but I do agree it can be a bit overwhelming for beginners.

*However* a beginner could get in, read through the 30 day success club in about an hour, take notes, and it'd be WELL worth the cost (nothing!) for that alone.

A more seasoned marketer can get in and find the specific lessons they are looking for, again for free. You can do a lot in 10 days!

Personally I think you'd stick around past the trial, but I'm biased! lol! It's made a big difference for me.

18. Veronical

Veronical New Member

To give everybody an update Wealthy Affiliate does now have a free starter membership and a premium membership.
    The free starter membership is for as long as you want, no 10 day limit that is gone.

[Post edited - Admin]

19. josh29

josh29 New Member

Hi
    I was with WA for a little while so here's my two cents worth.

Plenty of training and it's great to get a newbie started on creating a website or blog.
    However this isn't any kind of magic push button system, at the end of the day as kyle (Co owner) says "content is king".
    Also note that the free membership is their for as long as you want it but if you then sign up to pro there is no going back to the free membership.

Although I rate the training you can learn what they teach quite quickly and then you are just basically left paying $47 per month for hosting. The hosting is great but not worth $47 imho.

WA does have a big and active community and if you need a lot of support its there, but still overpriced I think.

I was recently emailed by Kyle and Carson, they did a survey of what areas ex members thought WA could be improved. In a follow up email kyle said they are making some changes and will offer something really good in the near future.

Does that mean a price reduction? Who knows, will these changes or offers be only for ex members to get them back or for new members to? I will wait for their next email.

payment proof likes this.