Scam or Real Opportunitiy

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by wrlawrence, Apr 27, 2010.

1. wrlawrence

wrlawrence New Member

I'm ask all the time if their is any legitimate work from home businesses out there that are not scams. The answer is Yes! I want to share some key factors that I would stay away from. Anyhting that promises you will make a lot of money in a short period of time with little effort. Sounds to good to be true!

Starting any business will cost you some money upfront but you can locate low cost startups with support that can cost as much as $400 to thousands. Is the company publicly traded and past all the SCC requirements. Do they disclose financials? Have they been in business for awhile? Do they have real success stories?

Here is a big key. No guarantee for success. This is not get rich quick. You get paid for only the effort you put in. These will be legitmate business opportunities.

Alot of people will call companies scams because they did not make any money but also did not go to work. Work = $

Good luck!

Bill
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

wrlawrence: Alot of people will call companies scams because they did not make any money but also did not go to work. Work = $
    Amen! Good word.[​IMG]
  3. JHandy

JHandy New Member

Absolutely. There are some shady characters out there, but for the most part there are a slew of good legitimate companies that are in it for the long haul and want their reps to be successful.

People start calling companies scamish when they are not willing to do the work and are expecting big money overnight. Success takes time, effort, and hard work.

Jerry
  4. RashmiP

RashmiP Guest

Hello wrlawrence,

You are partially right. Before joining any online company, the best thing to check the credentials is ask for references. Talk to people who have worked before or are working. You will get a good feedback from them.
  5. weebitty

weebitty Member

yes check things out and make sure to be able to tell the difference between real information and a disgruntled ex employee so to speak. They can come in loud and clear as well. Any business takes work and consistency and committement and alot of people can't seem to do that nowadays. You treat an online or any business just like a job. You show up everyday and work at it. You might not make money the first week or the first month. It can get discouraging. We are so into instant gratification we forget it takes awhile to build up something.
  6. ryanbiddulph

ryanbiddulph New Member

You make a great point about entrepreneurs calling legit opportunities 'scams'.

In many cases "scam" is a 4 letter word for a lazy entrepreneur. There are scheisters out there but there are plenty of lazy people who'd rather call a legitimate venture a scam rather than take responsibility for their results.
  7. Elur MLM

Elur MLM New Member

Interesting. I do a google search today about my company and I saw an Ad about "[Company Name] Members Scam?"

I immediately click it... and it went to another marketer site asking people to join his MLM.

Funny I guess... [​IMG]
  8. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

There are lots of real opportunities, as well as scams, online. It's up to the prospect to do his or her due diligence and make sure that the opportunity under consideration is truly legitimate.

At first glance some things aren't always what they seem, so it's wise to take a close up look and make sure you aren't making a mistake.

Hermas
  9. wealthbuilders

wealthbuilders New Member

I like that : "scam" is a 4 letter word for a lazy entrepreneur!

Its your attitude and your work effort combined. You can make money with any business really...you just need to do your part.
  10. carterstory

carterstory New Member

There are places out there that are scams, but you need to take with a grain of salt everyone that says OH this is a scam I never made money. YOu need to be educated into what you should be doing to properly market your buisness. and you need to be working at it, at least 5hrs a week.. more will garner faster success.
  11. Michael Merry

Michael Merry New Member

carterstory: There are places out there that are scams, but you need to take with a grain of salt everyone that says OH this is a scam I never made money. YOu need to be educated into what you should be doing to properly market your buisness. and you need to be working at it, at least 5hrs a week.. more will garner faster success.
    I agree. It is regrettable that so many authors are using the "scam" word to draw undue attention to themselves - often they are promoting the very product they have labeled a "scam".
    This is plain dishonest.
    I refuse to click links on any site or article that engages in this practice
  12. mpbtodaynetwork

mpbtodaynetwork New Member

People tend to be drawn to scandalous or negative headlines. Some marketers use "scam" as a way to get attention. Sometimes it works but for the most part it doesn't convert well at all.
  13. ModernMother

ModernMother New Member

I beleive that there are as many legit opportunities as there are scams. Scams usually make outrageous claims and gaurantees. You should always do your research on a company. Google them and search the BBB. However, just because a company has a few complaints doesnt' mean they are not legit. I figure if the reviews on a third pary webiste are at least half good, it is a legit opportunity. I say this, because not every opportunity is for everybody (these people usually give bad reviews) and some people are not willing to put in the time and effort required (resulting in more bad reviews). A legitimate company will have a fair share of good reviews mixed in.

I think the question is not so much "are there legitimate opportunities?" as " what opportunity will work for me?"

Caution: If you are looking for get rich quick- You will get ripped off.
  14. j11_cook

j11_cook New Member

ModernMother: I think the question is not so much "are there legitimate opportunities?" as " what opportunity will work for me?"

Caution: If you are looking for get rich quick- You will get ripped off.
    Couldn't have been better said.

People want an easy way to make money. There is not an easy way to make money and you are not going to get rich overnight, unless you happen to win the lottery. What are the odds of that happening?

Make a decision on what you want to do and work your behind off to achieve whatever goal you want to achieve.