Seasonal Slow Downs

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by payment proof, May 29, 2012.

1. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Summer often seems to be a slower season. I think it's because the weather is nicer and more people get off line to enjoy the weather.

Still though, I'll try some new or creative marketing and I'm able to keep traffic from dropping off to much.

How do you deal with seasonal slow downs?
  2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Sell seasonal products?
    Swimsuits in summer, coats in winter.
    Not that I sell either but you get the point.
    Summer can be a boom time for some products.
    Diversify.
  3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

The home business niche is always growing even in the summer time. Never stop your promotions even though you may feel that it is slowing down for you.
  4. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Look at how you are marketing your business. As alluded to. Marketing in way, and products, that meet the season.

I look at like this. People don't stop their need to earn more money, that's why they still work during the summer months, lol. However, you may have to reach them at the park with your marketing because they are spending less time indoors.
  5. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

FreeCashMan: you may have to reach them at the park with your marketing because they are spending less time indoors.
    oooh, good one!
    Use mobile app advertising to reach them on their iphone/droid
    QR codes on your flyers can help with that.
  6. ibuzzmentor

ibuzzmentor Member

I disagree. Network marketing it predicated on networking. During the summer you meet so many more people in your everyday life than you do during the other seasons. BBQ's, outings, travel, beach, parties, etc are all places you can let people know about what you are doing.

As long as you are passionate about it and aligned with a legit opportunity marketing something the masses want and use you can do this very easily.

And honestly using a phone burner and calling leads during the summer is good because more people are home and answering the phones.

Chris
  7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

There are SOOO many things to market other than the home business niche. In fact, one of my niches ( hard goods) just picked up tremendously in the last month.

Cheers! [​IMG]
  8. Marktech

Marktech Member

Well, stuff like "above ground pools" pools are hot niches in the summertime. [​IMG] I saw that phrase on Google trends a week or so ago and I was kinda shocked to see a keyword not related to a movie star or some sports figure or team in the top 20 keyword searches!