seo questions!!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by wrkathomeunited, Aug 11, 2010.

1. wrkathomeunited New Member

so i have a website that is set up through a company called platinum synergy... i ran it through a program called web CEO and the results were not what i was hoping for... the program told me that the "meta tags" were missing from the site and i talked to PS about this and they told me that it was because it is a replicating website??? i am pretty new to this so any tips advice or anything would be helpful and by the way i do not have access to the code i can only email them suggestions for my site since they are the site admin...
  2. Janell miashops New Member

Any company that wont let you be the admin is most likely doing it for a reason not benificial to you. I would suggest highly that you switch companies. Never let a company own your domain name or do business with them if they wont let you have the username and passwords to your own website. Generally these are given at the time of final payment for the website. If you cant access your website cpanel then you cant make a copy and move somewhere else and so in reality you do not own a website...someone else does. Some hosting companies do this so its difficult or impossible to move your website.

Hope it works out for you
  3. FreeCashMan Active Member

In order to control the html features of your own website you would need, your own website, ideally one you have on you own web hosting account. However, meta tags will not necessarily stop you from getting ranked or listed in the major search engines.

Not sure what your objective is but there are various topics and free info on SEO throughout many mediums on the internet including this forum.
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

You will never get found thru SEO with a replicated site. "Replicated" means there are hundreds of other sites out there just like it.

Google rarely picks up those sites so what you want to do is use something like a blog or I like Squidoo, and set up a simple page where you can use whatever keywords you want to target and then direct people to your replicated site from there.

For instance I noticed on your one site you have all kinds of ailments you can help with your products - so choose one of them and set up a niche blog or Squidoo lens or something targeting that keyword...

If you plan to try for work at home traffic - it is next to impossible - the best way to get traffic to anything work at homeish is thru forums and interactive blogs...

Just my two cents...[IMG]
  5. Sonni New Member

I think it best to study SEO yourself and then you know what is going on.
  6. wrkathomeunited New Member

mountainmom5 excellent info thanks alot. i have been doing some blogs and such but i never actually thought of it like that... and i was unsure of what a replicated site meant but i think i have a better understanding now..
  7. JerickT New Member

I'm the one of the person who just learned SEO in forums like this..
    I will advice you to do this...

blog and forum posting related on your site.
    social bookmarking
    article writing article submission
    Press release

You can also use social networking sites such as Twitter and Myspace to drive tons traffic to your site..
  8. Margo Tuul New Member

JerickT

hahahaha[IMG]. He just said, that he had duplicate content up, so even if you do all your pointed things for 5 years, its nothing. Google only ranks site, what appeared first. Others are nothing, and not going to get ranked.

So if you do all this, to promote duplicate content site, im 99% sure, all articles, lenses and blogs...are going to get treated same way. You are not going to get high rankings. So you will be wasting your time etc.

My advice: create your own site. Get domain, hosting. Set up wordpress blog, install SEO plugins. Get few posts up. And you will be pulling traffic quite soon.
  9. wrlawrence New Member

I agree! But I get most of my traffic from Google, I built a Site Build It web site and link my travel booking engine and company website to it which get over 5,000 views a month. I do get a little bit of traffic from forums and blogs but not like Google.
  10. newbiz02 New Member

JerickT: Press release
    Yea this is true, but have you ever actually done a press release? [IMG]

I myself have never actually done one. This is something that i would outsource and pay someone else to do it for me.
  11. sallyb New Member

Hi there - I have done a lot of SEO in the past - have you, or are you able to upload a sitemap to your site? I have always found them to work wonders :)