SEO Tips For Newbies

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by FreeCashMan, Dec 21, 2009.

1. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

"Start with one or 2 method first and when you are about to master these methods and you are use to it, add another method in your arsenal...

In order...

First month
    Do forum posting and blog commenting daily. Add useful blogs into your rss readers so that you can post comment when there are new posts.

Second month
    while still doing the above methods, start to write and submit articles and links to directories...

Third month onwards...
    Now that you are seeing the result of what you are doing, try other methods like social bookmarking, yahoo answer, twitter, etc... but make sure your 1st and second month activities are still going... You are just adding methods but not changing...

Do not try to do all of these on the first month if your time can't handle...

Most of all, spend 80% of your time in promotion and 20% in content...

This is very simple but fruitful if followed correctly...
  2. diansunarko

diansunarko New Member

Yes, very interesting and informative! As a "newbie" blogger, I think your post would be sure helpful information for me i always keep in mind Thanks for sharing
  3. chiggerz

chiggerz New Member

Also a "newbie", i found this very helpful. Thanks alot Freecashman. [​IMG]
  4. lindawood

lindawood New Member

thanks for sharing your experience with us. I hope it would be helpful for the newbies.
  5. garygoh

garygoh New Member

Though nothing new here, you have laid it down in an easy to follow way for newbies to follow.
  6. wlrahilly

wlrahilly New Member

I agree with the forum posting and blogging. You can also write articles and optimize with long tailed keywords. If you write a couple articles a day that link back to your website, you should start seeing good results down the road.
  7. ruchiicoool

ruchiicoool New Member

yes agreed thanx for the tips
  8. uliran

uliran New Member

FreeCashMan
    Are you successful with your websites doing those things?correct if I'm wrong but I don't think commenting on blogs with different topic as yours will do nothing as far as SEO is concerned. Thank you.
  9. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Blogging will give you back links which aid your in search engine rankings.

Personally I'm not a huge blogger for the purpose of backlinks. I like forum marketing, but blogging has proven its results there is plenty of information out their to prove the worth of blogging for backlinks and for making money working online.
  10. Amartin

Amartin New Member

Thanks for making SEO seem a little less intimidating. Someone recently mentioned guest blogging to me, do you have any information about that?
  11. tandre

tandre New Member

Thank you so much for this great info. Can someone define RSS and how it is used with a packaged blog product like Wordpress
  12. brain

brain New Member

Nice tips but daily commenting can be a bit hectic for newbies. I think they should go with a combination of book marking and commenting. Use one every alternate day instead of doing one activity the entire month. this will help them out and thus by the end of the month will have be good at doing both (considered as basics)
  13. baxterbaker

baxterbaker New Member

A mix os on-page and off-page optimization us key for a successful SEO process.
  14. wkathome

wkathome New Member

Does anyone know the actually density that should be used when writing and trying to SEO the article for a google ranking?
    I've read 3 to 9 percent on some sites and others say it can be like 2%.
    Even 3% to me is high. A 700 word article has the keyword 21 times?
    That really makes the article sound kinda silly when you try to read it.

Just looking for your opinions on this.
  15. jamess

jamess Member

Thanks for sharing but I think after panda and penguin update content will be playing bigger role than now days.. so i think it should be start from the first month.
  16. Good advice! :) I strongly believe it is important to take things step by step. I see so many people take on so much and they just end up confused and frustrated. Focus on one traffic method at a time, master it, and then move to the next while still incorporating what you have learned. No matter how hard you try or what you hear you won't learn everything in a day or all at once. You had to practice to learn how to ride a bicycle for the first time (with no training wheels) right? The same goes for each traffic method. Practice, practice, practice and don't give up.

Hope this helps :)

Kevin
  17. ThatSkinGuy

ThatSkinGuy New Member

Good information in this thread. SEO is one of those things that can have so many variables, as said above you need to take small steps and track them to see whats working.
  18. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I have found the opposite to be true regarding the content and promotion. Keep fresh quality content flowing and promotion isn't needed so much.
  19. piano

piano New Member

Thanks a lot for this seo tips. Actually i want to increase the ratting and traffic of my website.