shop NBC

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by vagabond, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Kimberly

Kimberly New Member

Hi, I have recently been temp blocked twice. In my case, ADE froze and I lost my connection their server but I was still getting calls which I was answering and even when I got a pal on the line it was still saying I was missing calls. This is only my second week and I can't seem to figure out what to do. Pals are no help, nor is their Tech support. I did call my isp provider and they re-built my internet connection to make sure it isn't dropping my dsl but I am scared to work at this point because if it happens again, I will get a PIN.....

Anyone else have this issue?
  2. tigerlady

tigerlady New Member

for some reason, it seems like everyone i talk to on nites has had a terrible time getting hours this week..im glad we are done with the invicta watches..i mean when callers start remembering they talked to you and you remember what they ordered, its time to get a new product in!!..do you think they really read our eos's??it just doesnt seem like it..i have been asking PALs for help with constant talkers..it has gotten to the point that at times, i have to just talk over them..one person i had to tell him that i was going to have to hang up..i felt so bad..is HSN timed too?
  3. Mommamona1

Mommamona1 New Member

Hello folks! Its seems things haven't gotten any better with $n&c I see. Well, I just thought I would let you all see the follow up(see my Mar. 11 post) that I rec'd about the PIN inquiry I sent to West. Those folks are absolutely clueless & I don't see it getting any better. However, I thought the response was so ridiculous that I had to post it in the event that someone else might benefit from my experience. I know this post is lengthy but maybe it will help some of you in the long run.

[b]I wrote to West[/b]: Can someone please explain to me how I have a PIN dated 3/10/09 for the $N&@
    skill when I resigned from that skill on 3/4/09, and the last time I even worked
    was on 3/3/09. Prior to that I had also received a PIN on or about 3/2/09, which
    was dated from 2/24/09, after working on this skill for the first time for a few
    hours on 2/22/09. On that day I encountered all kinds of system issues, which I
    called a "PAL" about and was told that the problems would be noted in my file so
    they wouldn't be held against me. It just seems rather unusual, to the point of
    being unfair, that someone just learning how to use these systems for the first
    time and trying to figure out what techniques work, and don't work, would get
    PIN(s) after a day or even a week. It is especially difficult to understand
    since the available working hours were so limited and the new agents weren't
    even able to get enough phone time to hone the skill. As I mentioned, I have
    resigned from this skill but I am still confused, and rather curious, as to how
    this occurs and would appreciate an explanation since I'm sure it will be a part
    of my employment file.
    Thank you.

West Response: I was just informed that the pin you received was issued the week before you
    resigned, so it is valid.(This was the 2/24 PIN mentioned) As far as what transpired after your resignation.
    We're assuming their was some type of delay. We do regret hearing you resigned
    from the position because we do work closely with new agents. We only Pin for
    schedule adherence and productivity within the first few weeks. The pins are
    looked upon as a learning experience only. If you have further questions please
    call an Omaha Pal.

Just to let you all know that PIN's are a "learning experience"...right![/i They work closely with new agents?!?! Please explain how? By confusing them with mixed info. that's counted against them? I don't know if it will help you to call the Omaha Pal's when you have a problem but it wouldn't hurt to try.
    Just wanted to let you know what their response is to these questions in the event you have any similar problems. By the way, I sent the question on 3-12 and rec'd a response on 3-20 so they obviously don't get in a hurry to answer questions, just like the PIN's I guess...but we knew that. I hope things get better for you all with this job. I have just started my new job outside of the work at home stuff but I will be checking back on you all because I feel really bad that something that should be so good has turned out so bad for so many nice people. Keep your chins up![​IMG]
  4. tigerlady

tigerlady New Member

hi kimberly..welcome..sorry to hear you are having troubles with West's system..i have found that it helps to go ahead and write down the times you have computer problems so you wont get a PIN and they can track it..if your not getting the answers you need, call a different PAL..you may have to wait a couple hours to get a different one but i have found some are a lot more helpful than others..you said your ade froze..next time that happens, try going to the lower right hand corner of your screen and you will see what looks like a red dot in a box..click on it..open the application and it will tell you what server you are on..write that down so you can report it..the server number is something like a bunch of letters and then about 5 numbers..close that out..next, again in the lower right corner of your screen you will see a wrench and driver..when you click on it, it gives you a couple options..click the top one which i think is applications(have done this so many times i cant remember what it says, sorry lol) you will see another box pop up that says ade and another that says oracle..click on the ade box..it will exit the old ade and give you a new one..same thing if your oracle freezes..hope this helps..i cant believe i only have 7 hours for next week..hope you guys had better luck!..
  5. nuctread

nuctread New Member

anyone been able to find out about when they have been posting hours??
  6. ourkidsmom

ourkidsmom New Member

I haven't seen anything available for over a week (hours wise)... usually on/near a weekend they open up extra hours and I can snag at least a few but nothing for me this week... anyone else able to get any??
  7. ourkidsmom

ourkidsmom New Member

omg, so I'm over here griping about no hours and then decide to try one more time and GREEN!!! but they disappeared so fast that by the time I click accept half of what I am trying to grab is gone *sigh*... now I have to stay up to work 11pm to midnight 3 nights this week for a huge measly 3 hours LOL ... what's a girl to do?
  8. tigerlady

tigerlady New Member

i was lucky and got 12 hours for next week so far..this pay day i have about 15 hours which really sucks..there really is no way to tell when they are going to post hours..i usually work late nites and have seen shifts posted at 1am!!..i am hoping they ask me to take another skill so at least ill have 2 jobs to chose shifts from..
  9. ourkidsmom

ourkidsmom New Member

WOW 12 for next week?! I totally missed the posting yesterday *pouting*. I had 3 last week and 4 this week. I don't have a single hour yet for next week... I keep missing the postings! I wish I had a CLUE as to when they were going to post?
  10. ladyofengland

ladyofengland New Member

I'm with H*N and am having a hard time getting hours. Anyone know what is going on.
  11. lilmama0500

lilmama0500 New Member

Hello, I stumbled across this forum by mistake. I used to work at West as an actual employee who worked at their facility, but by what I am understanding, they offer work at home opportunities, correct? What all is needed to get started? Do you have to buy any equipment, if so, how much does it cost? I am looking for a home business opp to supplement my income because I attend college, and work part-time on weekends. Any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Wendy