Silpada?

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by WesKate, Aug 29, 2007.

1. mgeorge228

mgeorge228 New Member

Would a Silpada Rep please email me a contract and exactly how much $$$ it takes to start up? I sold Longaberger baskets for quite a while ( and have lots for sale!!!) so I am familiar with home parties. I have alos been to many Silpada parties and love what I see. Just need the facts and the $$$ amount. thanks..
    [email protected]
  2. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

mgeorge228: Would a Silpada Rep please email me a contract and exactly how much $$$ it takes to start up? I sold Longaberger baskets for quite a while ( and have lots for sale!!!) so I am familiar with home parties. I have alos been to many Silpada parties and love what I see. Just need the facts and the $$$ amount.

Replied via email.
  3. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT SILPADA:

I wanted to share some information with you that was presented at our National Conference last month by our CEO. He talked about how Silpada is doing with the current economy.

Silpada Designs was compared to 57 other direct sales companies - 'the party plan' in terms of sales, recruits and size of order. Look at the results for 2007!

Sales Silpada + 32% The party plan -5.6%
    New Recruits Silpada +46% The party plan -20.4%
    Order size Silpada +9% The party plan -3.3%

Pretty amazing, don't you think? [​IMG]
  4. ShootingStr

ShootingStr New Member

I love my Silpada business. I see that there are many Silpada Sisters on this site, and that is something you can count on. You may start this business for a little extra fun money or to pay a bill but you will find Silpada Sisters, that will be part of your life always. I have seen many questions regarding cost.

Bottom Line- $199 annually. This is a business fee and covers at start up 50 catalogs ($50), 50 order forms, hostess packet materials, personal website, credit card processing, training materials, belt and ring sizer, 250 personalized business cards, personal business stamp and I think a few other things. Then each year you wish to continue to be a rep you pay the same fee. As long as you are holding essentially 1 party a month you will receive free catalogs when the spring supplement comes out (with a thirty day opp to purchase items from the supplement for 50% off) and in August when the new catalogs comes out. When you sign your contract you have the opportunity to purchase as much or as little as you want at 50% off. You also have 100 days to earn $3000+ in free jewelry.

A good sponsor will help you start without purchasing jewelry if you cannot afford it. Make no question the more jewelry you have the more you will sell, but a good sponsor will help you get on your feet. If you are looking for a sponsor, find someone you click with, go to the company website and fill out the contact form. If that rep doesn't work out keep looking, you choose your sponsor not the other way around.

A good sponsor is your lifeline, and she will help you through the start up and when you need a little pick me up.

There is no such thing as an easy business, but if you can get the jewelry in front of women, it sells itself, you still have to get those parties booked to get started, but this is where friends and family come in handy.

At every show I have been at, every customer asks me who is having the next party because they have this or that peice they want to buy but cannot justify that night, and when someone is done buying they simply tell the hostess, you know what Sue, I appreciate the invitation but there isn't anything else I want or I cannot afford it right now.

This is wear jewelry comes in handy. If you wear it, people will comment on it, and that gives you the opportunity to say, thank you its Silpada have you heard of them? and go from there. [​IMG]
  5. stuff

stuff New Member

Can I do Silpada even though I make my own jewelry? I am not
    a company, but do make jewelry as a hobby and I'd like to know
    what I can do. My son is also interested in Silpada do you have
    to be 18 to sell? Would he be able to sell out of book @ school?
  6. stuff

stuff New Member

Did you sell Silpada before? Are you able to sell back to company?
  7. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

The daughter has had a lot of success with Silpada. She and her friends (mostly nurses and doctors) have been having Silpada parties on the weekends.

They take turns hosting the parties and they make decent sales every time. I think the jewelry is decent. My wife has bought a few pieces.

I've heard that they have a lot of fun at the parties. It's certainly worth looking into.

~Newbie Shield~
  8. stuff

stuff New Member

Hello Just wanted to Know if I can sell Silpada and Mary Kay? Are you allowed to sell your own jewelry if you aren't a business?
  9. heistheanswer

heistheanswer New Member

A friend of mines wife sells this jewelry from home. She has done fairly well with it, had a few parties, made a few bucks, but had lots of fun doing it. She wanted my wife to get involved, but my wife doesn't like to invite people to those parties. She says that it makes her feel pushy. Oh well, good luck in selling it, I'm sure that you can make decent money with it, jewelry is a big seller no matter what is going on. Especially if us guys are in the dog house, which I never am, lol. Take care and God Bless
    Jason
    636-978-7089
  10. stuff

stuff New Member

I've been researching Silpada to see what it can do for
    Me and family. I did see a part in the Contract that you
    Cannot sell in any formal setting; or even Ebay at least
    thats how I understood it. Silpada is supposed to be a
    "In a Show setting type of sales and Silpada Is NOT
    supposed to be sold by out side web advertising either!!
    I don't know what it seems to be, but I've lost my customers
    to others in a similar fashion with MK and I truly don't
    like that when it happens that someone is supposed to
    follow the rules or they can lose out Silpada can sue if
    someone don't go by their rules and selling their jewelry
    without their permission especially when their name is
    all over it. I really hope this help all for those whom work
    so hard to do what's right and others not so much.
  11. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Stuff,

I'd sell whatever you want at your Silpada parties. I feel that the best items offered at the best value should capture sales. It's about the customer. If they might want Mary Kay or your own jewelry, then offer it in addition to the Silpada jewelry.

I'd say that it's entirely up to you regarding what you should or might offer at your gatherings. You could even make a website and offer some or all of the above.

Folks have been offering Silpada on eBay every day and in great abundance for a long time. Go take a look:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37.l1313&satitle=silpada&c ategory0=

I can't imagine why Silpada would object. eBay is an Open Market. It's been around a long time and it has the reputation of delivering items at the fair market value. It's entirely a supply and demand thing. It's more honest than the general U.S. market.

Generally, if there is a large demand, there will be a large supply at a reasonable price.

Tip: Be sure to either include shipping in the price or to post a separate charge. Shipping is usually in the $3-7 range for most Silpada items.

Alternatively, you can split the charge (half included in the price and half as a separate charge). It depends upon a lot of factors and personal preference.

Personally I find that splitting it sells the best. That way both the item price and the shipping charge appear to be very reasonable. There is no deceit in this method. You'd charge the same in all three cases. It's just a matter of palatable presentation.

The main point is not to foot the shipping cost. That's up to your customer to do that. Due to the cost of petroleum these days, shipping is very expensive.

Best of luck,

~Newbie Shield~
  12. cool925jewelz

cool925jewelz New Member

Stuff,

Yes you are able to sell Silpada and Mary Kay. When you get started with Silpada they do ask if you are affiliated with any other Direct Sales Industry. There is no conflict doing both businesses (they are 2 separate things) until you reach Manager rank within Silpada.

I will be celebrating my 1 year anniversary of selling Silpada on August 31 - YEAH!!! It has been an amazing first year!

I initially started selling so that I could get out of the house for a few hours a week. But now Silpada is a way that I am able to help get some of the extra's that we might not be able to otherwise have.

I sleep a little better at night knowing that I can keep my children in private school, pay for gymnastics and several other things! I also know that Silpada is going to help us purchase the home of our dreams in a few short years.

For me, my focus now is on growing a team so that I can help other people achieve their goals too. I would love to help you in any way that I can. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions that I can help with!
  13. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

Newbie Shield: I'd say that it's entirely up to you regarding what you should or might offer at your gatherings. You could even make a website and offer some or all of the above.

Folks have been offering Silpada on eBay every day and in great abundance for a long time.

I can't imagine why Silpada would object. eBay is an Open Market. It's been around a long time and it has the reputation of delivering items at the fair market value. It's entirely a supply and demand thing. It's more honest than the general U.S. market.

Just want to clarify. You cannot advertise your business and sell from a website. Yes, each rep has a personal website through Silpada and there is a link there that says "contact me" however you cannot place orders for Silpada jewelry through the website.

Additionally, Silpada does NOT permit it's Reps to sell on eBay. This is true of most Direct Sales businesses. If Silpada finds that one of it's representatives is selling on ebay, their contract will be revoked. Of couse a private individual who has purchased Silpada in the past and now wants to sell it can do so on eBay. There is no lifetime warranty for items purchased secondhand on eBay.
  14. gaither_tawny

gaither_tawny New Member

my grandma just started selling and I went to one of her parties not expecting to by anything, all I wear is my wedding ring. But I ended up buying this really pretty pearl necklace and am thinking about selling myself. The quality is very nice for not that expensive I just don't have anywhere to wear most of it, I too am a stay at home mom. I reccomend buying and selling!
  15. RoxanneY

RoxanneY New Member

abuckigal: Just want to clarify. You cannot advertise your business and sell from a website. Yes, each rep has a personal website through Silpada and there is a link there that says "contact me" however you cannot place orders for Silpada jewelry through the website.

Our Website with AuraStella is great. My customers can go to my website provided by AuraStella and order anything, they can even give credit to a hostess if they can not attend a home party. I love that my hostesses can now have online parties alone or in addition to their home parties, more jewelry for them and more $$ for me!
  16. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

gaither_tawny: my grandma just started selling and I went to one of her parties not expecting to by anything, all I wear is my wedding ring. But I ended up buying this really pretty pearl necklace and am thinking about selling myself. The quality is very nice for not that expensive I just don't have anywhere to wear most of it, I too am a stay at home mom. I reccomend buying and selling!

That's exactly what I do! I buy for myself but I also sell at home parties and through catalog orders. Home parties are the best because the jewelry will literally sell itself once you display it. It's the finest quality sterling and has a lifetime warranty. Since I have started selling, I've just become accustomed each day to showering, getting dressed, and wearing jewelry. I am constantly amazed at the comments that I get on my jewelry when I'm just doing things like running to the grocery, the bank, or to the mall. I once went through the drive-through to get a Diet Coke and when I paid, the girl commented on how much she liked my ring. I got her name and payment info and sold one to her on the spot! [​IMG]
  17. jespenshade072

jespenshade072 New Member

I saw this post and it was dated a year ago and people are still commenting on the question of whether or not Silpada is worth getting into...my answer would be no different than the other ladies who responded.

I love being a Silpada Representative, it is a wonderful way to create additional funds in my home, no especially with business going down and the economy faultering. I think that people have forgotten that the economy can only stay strong if you put money into it...so you need to spend to get it back on track, and with my business you don't need to have alot of money to spend to make yourself feel wonderful and look wonderful and it keeps me happy as well.

If you are truly considering joining Silpada you will find that this business offers so many benefits..

1. You are in CHARGE! You call the shots, you make the appointments, schedule around your other job, your kids sporting events, or any other important event in your life.

2. You make the sale, you get paid for it...PERIOD! There is no short changing...Silpada pays you very very well for your time and sales. The more you sell the more you make...so book those appointments.

3. Everyone is a potenial client....if you only know 5 people..they will know 5 more...and the list goes on. If you are willing to say hello to your neighbor then you are ready to sell your business...like I said, everyone is a potenial client.

4. Home parties are more than just a selling party! You meet wonderful people, maybe meet life-long friends and make lots of woman happy! *Don't forget that a party is also a chance to make new parties.*

5. Finally, a chance to fill your jewelry drawers with some AMAZING jewelry that you will feel great about selling and collecting yourself for a fraction of the money you would spend at a Jewelry Store!! And NO woman can say "No" to that!!! =}

Take that leap...and join!

If you are located in Sacramento and are just interested in booking a party first or would like some information first, please feel free to contact me via email.

Godspeed~ Jennifer
  18. Milette

Milette New Member

There are many jewelry companies out there...so many that its hard to make a decision. For example: Morgan Dane, lovely 925 sterling silver almost entirely made in U.S.A. (not China) with gemstones & beads. Kele & Company, another .925 sterling silver company; Aurastella, I love it!; yet I can't those prices! Silpada...lovely, yet might be saturated in your area...do you research! Hermosa Sterling..great prices & also .925 sterling silver...I ordered directly from the website when I got the catalog...I got a pearl & sterling necklace, matching earrings & lovely ring! Now there are other fashion jewelry companies out there that are hot: Cookie Lee; Lia Sophia, Stella & Dot...and I am sure there are a lot more! Again, research and take your time choosing...I have been looking into getting into selling but its taking me a long time to decide...

Aurastella is my pick as far as jewelry quality and presentation...but I myself can't afford to buy from their catalog...so I can't count on my immediate friends or family because I know they couldn't afford it either...but sometimes is better to build your business outside of immediate friends or family members.

Silpada well known name...I have the catalog and business package...I just don't know how many reps. are near where I live in Texas...so I am researching that first.

Morgan Dane...I love this jewelry!!!! Go the catalog...love that she designs most of the pieces...so they are very unique and you won't find them in Silpada!

Hermosa Sterling...there are no opportunities to build a team, yet for $99 you can start off & have the chance to buy your display with 50% off...you choose your pieces. I like this company, just because the jewelry is lovely and I can afford the prices[​IMG] Good luck!
  19. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

Milette: Morgan Dane...I love this jewelry!!!! Go the catalog...love that she designs most of the pieces...so they are very unique and you won't find them in Silpada!

Thank you for your post! I hadn't heard of most of these other sterling silver jewelry companies and I really enjoyed looking at their catalogs. The jewelry is unique and beautiful!

With regards to your above quote.....
    I loved the designs of Morgan Dane! I also think that they closely resemble the jewelry of Silpada Designs (that's probably why I loved them [​IMG] ). In fact, I found several pieces that are almost identical to what Silpada sells so I was confused when you said "you won't find them in Silpada". I was especially impressed that much of their jewelry is made in the USA. That is good! [​IMG]

I think I'll stick with Silpada though. I've had fantastic success even in these tough economic times. July was my best month ever with over $7,000 in sales and I already have 7 shows booked for November. We recently received an email from our CEO telling us that the national average for a Silpada home show has risen from $750 to $950! That says a lot about our jewelry I think!
    Life is good! [​IMG]
  20. kellyp

kellyp New Member

Do check out all of the companies - I do not belong to a "jewelry" company, so I can be non bias. I have been to all of these parties except Hermosa Sterling and Aura Stella. I did purchase a necklace from Hermosa Sterling online (LOVE IT - and the price). I was set up with a representative from this company - who can get comission everytime I order online. The thing that I like best is their pricing - not very many items at all over $100. I was sticker shocked at the other companies.

I think the quality of Morgan Dane and these other companies are very comparable (although I did have one MD's bracelets clasp break). I do like Silpada - but it is sold in my area a lot. People are getting sick of going to these parties. I also don't like going to the store and seeing 3 other women wearing the same jewelry that I have on!!! You kind of turn and walk the other way......kind of like when someone is wearing the same shirt you have on .....LOL
    Lots of companies to choose from and many more popping up each day. I am amazed too now at home many new "home entertaining" companies are popping up! I am a bit bias to Southern Living at home............

good luck deciding -
    Kelly