Silpada?

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by WesKate, Aug 29, 2007.

1. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

kellyp: I did purchase a necklace from Hermosa Sterling online (LOVE IT - and the price). I was set up with a representative from this company - who can get comission everytime I order online. The thing that I like best is their pricing - not very many items at all over $100. I was sticker shocked at the other companies.

I do like Silpada - but it is sold in my area a lot. People are getting sick of going to these parties. I also don't like going to the store and seeing 3 other women wearing the same jewelry that I have on!!! You kind of turn and walk the other way......kind of like when someone is wearing the same shirt you have on ....

I love hearing the input of others and I also appreciate the opportunity to respond.

As far as pricing goes, I can't believe that you would be sticker shocked at Silpada's pricing if you are comparing it to Hermosa. Silpada has 480 pieces in the new catalog. 50% of them are less than $50, and 75% of them are less than $75. Nearly 90% of our items are less than $125 and only 9% are more than that. To me, this is a fantastic value for .925 sterling silver that carries a lifetime guarantee. When our customers do need to send something back because of breakage or a flaw, the postage is FREE! I know a lot of other jewelry companies charge up to $11 postage to get a replacement on something that carries a warranty.

As far as seeing the same thing on other people goes.......
    How often do you see someone carrying the same Vera, Brighton, or Coach purse? How often do you see other people wearing the same designer jeans? How often do you see people wearing the same Tiffany or David Yurman jewelry? Do you turn and walk the other way when you see that? To me, it's a sign of class and good taste! I'm always delighted to see someone wearing Silpada jewelry! [​IMG]
    mytreasures likes this.
  2. 925sterling4u

925sterling4u New Member

Hi Billie,

I wrote a reply quite a while ago...and haven't been on again...Wow, the number of inquiries and responses on this blog is pretty awesome! Your answers have been right on...you represent Silpada proudly, and correctly!

I just celebrated my 2nd yr anniversay with Silpada...love the product, am thrilled with the company, and simply adore all my "Silpada Sisters" and other women I have been blessed to meet over the past 2 years..

Even with this terrible economy, in November I sold almost $7,000 in Silpada...last November, I sold $20,000! I now work full-time and haven't been able to "party" as much as I used to...but the parties I have been having have been very successful..$2,500, $1,700, $1,200! etc...Women never seem to tire of it...they love it all, and will budget so they can get different pieces as they attend friend's parties...

"As far as seeing the same thing on other people goes.......
    How often do you see someone carrying the same Vera, Brighton, or Coach purse? How often do you see other people wearing the same designer jeans? How often do you see people wearing the same Tiffany or David Yurman jewelry? Do you turn and walk the other way when you see that? To me, it's a sign of class and good taste! I'm always delighted to see someone wearing Silpada jewelry! " EXACTLY!

I was just at a family event...and an extended family member walked in wearing two of the same pieces I was...We loved it! and started swapping some of our other pieces with each other...it was fun!

I don't know any other business where you can go anywhere, just standing in line, and receive so many compliments about the jewelry , and then be able to share about the quality, and the oppty! I have met the most amazing women doing my Silpada business, and it sounds as though you love it as well...

Hope to meet you at the 2009 Silpada Conference...by the way, I won the Soar Trip for this coming January....to Atlantis, Bahamas..expenses paid! My husband and I are thrilled, and are leaving in about 6 weeks....will you be attending? If so, we'll see you there...if not, we'll see you at the next one!

Wishing you a Sterling Day!

Debi Molfese
    Silpada Designs Independent Representative
    [email protected]
    mytreasures likes this.
  3. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

I hope you had a blast at the Soar trip (of course I know you did!). I am working towards Sterling Club this year and so far am on target. January has been so busy with it being hostess bonus month. I did 4 shows just this week and had a total of 11 on my calendar for this month. Silpada rocks! [​IMG]
  4. AuraShootingStr

AuraShootingStr New Member

I would just like to say I love Silpada jewelry and when I found Silpada I thought it was for me, of course I didn't know there were any other sterling jewelry companies out there. I worked my business consistently for 6 months with no result. I discovered there were too many reps in my area, my aha moment was actually on my way to national conference in July 2008. I was sitting in my airport and looking around kept seeing more and more women wearing Silpada. My plane to ROC to Chicago was full of Silpada women, that is a lot coming from my area.

When I started I had seen the ads in the Magazines (Redbook) for Silpada but didn't know what it was. When I was invited to a party the same time a co-worker was invited to a party and neither of us had heard of it.

I went to a show and loved the jewelry (the price not so much) and agreed to have a show so the hostess could get her extra $50 free. I was shocked at how much free I earned as a hostess and even more shocked to learn the consultant made the same amount of money as I got in free jewelry. So I signed up.

Once I got started I had a hard time getting bookings, people said it was too expensive or they already had a Silpada rep. I saw the jewelry everywhere (it was there before, I just didn't know it) and then I went to National Conference. I learned lots of great information for any DS company, it was upbeat and posative. When I got back I was energized and ready to give my business another go, and still no bookings.

Something bothered me that I learned at conference. The top seller that I was under who was one of the first 15 consultants built her business on the internet, marketing in a way that we were now not allowed to do. That bothered me, its what worked for them and now we can't do it.

I lucked into finding an online forum that had many jewelry companies represented on it, and I did my homework. I spoke to reps from different companies, I looked at catalogs and websites, and I asked the important questions about internet useage and online sales.

When I was done weighing the information one company stood out. AuraStella. Since I had no warm market to start in I started with fairs and expos (all events I couldn't get into as a Silpada rep because there was already an established Silpada rep for every event). The first event I went to, I met my first hostess (she had a $1100 show and all the women were wearing Silpada and love AuraStella as much). My second hostess was a catalog show and with just the catalog she sold $800. I earned $500 in free jewelry (I hadn't been able to earn any of the Silpada free jewelry) and I was off to a good start.

I had a family emergency that took me through the end of January and I am now back to my business and am having no problem filing my calendar.

I love that I can sell online, at expos, salons, and even recruit salon owners or staff to sell our jewelry in their salons. Its ground floor and if I found Silpada when it was ground floor I would still be with Silpada.

Just my two cents. Silpada is a great company and there are many areas that are still wide open, I just don't live in one of them.

I hope you ladies who earned Soar had a great time, I am working toward AuraStella's Mexico trip which is only 35 easy points.
  5. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

Tree,

That's a great story. My Silpada rep just started with AuraStella as well. Mostly because, there is more of a chance for success and of course the pieces are great. I think AuraStella is going to only grow so Congrats for getting in so early. I also heard you have a lot more support from this company vs. Silpada. Of course, that could be because the company is relatively small and just starting out. But personally, as a buyer, I love both[​IMG]
    Good Luck with your new business!
  6. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

Rosie1: I also heard you have a lot more support from this company vs. Silpada.

Tree, first of all let me say that I wish you much success with the company that you have chosen to work for. We all have to make choices that we feel are best for ourselves as individuals.

I do want to comment on the statement above. AuraStella may have great support and customer service but I have worked for other DS companies and I can honestly say that Silpada's support, training, and customer service are unsurpassed! The staff at the home office is wonderful! They will do whatever is necessary to please the customer and the consultant. They are all very knowledgeable so you don't have that feeling that if I hang up and call back, maybe I'll get a different answer.

As far as being pricey goes.....did you know that 50% of the Silpada catalog is priced at below $50 and 70% is priced under $75? For .925 sterling with a lifetime warranty, I think that's a great value!
  7. wahl2008

wahl2008 New Member

Billie,

That is some great pricing information. How long have you been a representative with the company? Can you PM me your affiliate link so that I can check it out? Thanks [​IMG]
  8. doodlebug1

doodlebug1 New Member

AuraShootingStr, your post really interested me. I've been looking at Silpada, but have also been very curious about AuraStella. One thing that I was curious about is earning "up to 35%" of sales. Why "up to??" What exactly is earned on the sales?

AuraShootingStr and Silpada seem to share one aspect with starting that I hate--spending a LOT of money to have displays of the jewelry. Seems like they should be giving us a much bigger break than 50%. Oh sure, you can earn "free" jewelry, but it's still not pleasant to have so little jewelry at your beginning shows because you can't AFFORD to buy enough at only 50% off....

Sadly, on the AuraShootingStr website, I'm unable to view the different pages of jewelry. I start with one, then click Next and go nowhere. [​IMG]
  9. doodlebug1

doodlebug1 New Member

I'm also curious----how well can I do with any sterling silver home parties company if I live in a smaller town with 5000 that is fairly isolated from other towns??

It's also a huge tourist area in the Spring and Summer. So perhaps there is a way to get sales with all the tourists that come in??
  10. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

wahl2008: Billie,

That is some great pricing information. How long have you been a representative with the company? Can you PM me your affiliate link so that I can check it out?
    Ok, I'm a dummie here who can't figure out how to send a PM.

[Post edited. To send a PM, click on the small envelope icon beside member name - Admin]
  11. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

ok, thanks! [​IMG]
  12. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

doodlebug1: I've been looking at Silpada, but have also been very curious about AuraStella. One thing that I was curious about is earning "up to 35%" of sales. Why "up to??" What exactly is earned on the sales?

AuraShootingStr and Silpada seem to share one aspect with starting that I hate--spending a LOT of money to have displays of the jewelry. Seems like they should be giving us a much bigger break than 50%. Oh sure, you can earn "free" jewelry, but it's still not pleasant to have so little jewelry at your beginning shows because you can't AFFORD to buy enough at only 50% off....

Sadly, on the AuraShootingStr website, I'm unable to view the different pages of jewelry. I start with one, then click Next and go nowhere.
    I can't speak about AuraStella, but I can tell you about Silpada.

As a representative, you will always earn 30% on EVERYTHING you sell no matter how large or small the order is. You can only view our online catalog at a consultant's website. See my profile for a link to my personal website with Silpada.

Silpada pays all credit card fees so you don't have to worry about that coming out of your commission.

Silpada never has a jewelry sale so you don't have to spend money purchasing sale flyers to send out each month like you do with lots of other DS companies.

Silpada ships directly to each individual customer so there are no deliveries for the consultant or the hostess to make. Our shipping fee is only $4 no matter how much you buy. Return and exchanges are FREE!

As for the start up fee.....I'm glad that with Silpada it is $199. This prevents people from signing up just so they can get a personal discount without actually working their business. So in essence, this actually helps my business as a representative. When someone does sign up, I figure they are serious about wanting to earn money from this job. They can set their own schedule and work as much (or as little) as they want. There are no sales requirements that have to be met.

Yes, you do have to pay for new jewelry and the sign up discount is 50%. However, let me say this: When you submit your very first party with Silpada that totals at least $500 with 10 orders on it (very easy to do), you will earn a $200 free jewelry certificate. That's kind of like getting a rebate on your sign up fee. Also, during your first 100 days with Silpada, every time you sell $3000 worth of jewelry, you will earn a $500 free jewelry certificate. You can quickly build a very nice display kit by just getting a few people who are willing to have a party for you BEFORE you sign up. That's what I did and in my first three months, I earned $3,000 in free jewelry and actually earned money that I had to pay taxes on. I had been in Direct Sales for 7 years prior to that and never earned any money. I was always spending my commission on purchasing and mailing sale flyers and paying credit card fees, etc.

I am having great success in spite of this depressed economy. Women love the designs of Silpada jewelry and the price point compared to other sterling silver companies. Silpada is a strong company with no debt who is growing continually year after year. I love what I'm doing.....how about you?
  13. ChicaPlateada

ChicaPlateada New Member

I think this is a great thread!!! Okay...I think that you must be very careful what company you choose to represent before signing up. Its very sad to see people signing up with a company and talking about how great there company is only to see them back to square one [​IMG] I personally like the following companies and considering to sign up soon:

(1) Silpada: Reason: well-known name, great product, and if it doesn't go well I can always sell it on EBAY...sorry that is the truth.

(2) Morgan Dane Designs: By far this is the company of which I have the most pieces. Everytime I buy something I absolutely love it!

(3) Inspiranza Designs: I am going to be ordering several pieces soon to see the quality. Pricing really attracts me...and its not so expensive to get started.

***OH and I forgot: AURASTELLA is on EBAY...yup you read that right. Someone opened an "Aurastella Store" a couple of days ago....
  14. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

ChicaPlateada: (1) Silpada: Reason: well-known name, great product, and if it doesn't go well I can always sell it on EBAY...sorry that is the truth.
    Yep, you are right! And why do people buy Silpada on ebay? Because they LOVE the designs and quality of Silpada jewelry! It boggles my mind when I see people pay MORE than actual retail for a Silpada piece on eBay. (Are they crazy?) And.... if you buy it on ebay, you lose the lifetime warranty which to me is quite valuable. Also, Silpada Reps are not permitted to sell the jewelry on ebay. Silpada monitors the auctions very closely. As a representative, I really like that! [​IMG]
  15. jen4stella

jen4stella New Member

I'm a stylist with Stella and Dot which is this new great line of jewelry. I really love the line...it's fresh and trendy and is getting tons of press which helps make my job of selling it easier. We've been in Lucky, InStyle, Rachel Ray, Oprah, Redbook and the list keeps growing. It's a hit with celebs like Paris Hilton and Debra Messing also.
  16. Missy22

Missy22 New Member

I'm considering both Silpada and Morgan Dane as my first home business and this thread has been very helpful. I have a specific question for all you reps. Knowing, of course, that HAVING jewelry helps sell, what do you think the minimum amount of pieces would be. WHile I'd like to have a great amount of samples to start with, financially it's just not feasible at this time. What do you think would be a good amount to start with?
  17. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

Missy22: I'm considering both Silpada and Morgan Dane as my first home business and this thread has been very helpful. I have a specific question for all you reps. Knowing, of course, that HAVING jewelry helps sell, what do you think the minimum amount of pieces would be. WHile I'd like to have a great amount of samples to start with, financially it's just not feasible at this time. What do you think would be a good amount to start with?
    Anybody who starts a home based business should expect to pay money to start that business. With Silpada, you have the initial start up fee of $199 and then you can buy as much jewelry as you want at half price. Believe me, you will not lose out on this. Even if you decide it's not the right business for you, you will always be able to sell your samples for at least what you paid for them and often more.

Now to answer your question. Buy as much as you can afford. The more you have to show, the better your sales will be at parties. Plus, you should wear at least 7 pieces every time you do a party and you'll still need some on your table. I have seen reps do a home party with as little as 10 pieces on the table. The catalog beautifully illustrates each piece in "actual size" and of course the 60 day no questions asked return policy makes it safe for customers to purchase something that they don't see on your table. Good luck!
  18. oneslimone

oneslimone New Member

I make and sell one of a kind hand made jewelry, but I would also like to sell pre made sterling silver jewelry like Silpada (the designs are gorgeous). Would it be possible to sell both at the same time e.g. at a crafts fair or trade show with displays of both types of jewelry on my table? Or would I have to sell them separately?
  19. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

oneslimone: I make and sell one of a kind hand made jewelry, but I would also like to sell pre made sterling silver jewelry like Silpada (the designs are gorgeous). Would it be possible to sell both at the same time e.g. at a crafts fair or trade show with displays of both types of jewelry on my table? Or would I have to sell them separately?
    These would be considered two separate businesses that you own and you would have to work them separately. If you wanted two separate tables at a craft show, you could probably have someone else work the other table for you.
  20. hipstyle

hipstyle New Member

Hi Jen,

I am considering joining S&D or Silpada. Can you tell me how it is going with S&D? Are your sales brisk? What about bookings, etc. Any insight you can provide would be helpful. Are you happy with the company and its support? Thank you.[​IMG]