Silpada?

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by WesKate, Aug 29, 2007.

1. CANDC1797

CANDC1797 New Member

It's a great business! If you are worried about the start up costs, you will make the start up money right back from your first party. The key is hostess coaching. You can definitely make good money if you get parties each month. The jewelry is beautiful and you will have so much fun wearing it and selling it. People are definitely still buying the jewelry even in this tough economy. If you're interested in learning more about the business email me and I'll tell you more about it. I do it and love it and I'm a stay at home mom too.
    Catherine

[email protected]
  2. Amy in TO

Amy in TO New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I just wanted to say how helpful this thread has been for me. I live in Canada and until two weeks ago, had never heard of Silpada. My neighbour invited me to a party and I was reluctant to go but very happy that I did! Now I've booked my own party and am actually considering becoming a rep. What attracted me (other than the beautiful designs and amazing quality) was the fact that it's not well known - Silpada has only been in Canada since April 2008. I only wish I'd heard of it a year ago so that I could have gotten in earlier... My question is regarding the common concern that I'm seeing here - it seems that in many areas of the US, there is a saturation of Silpada reps. Does anyone know how I would go about researching the number of reps in my area? I asked my own rep and while she was very helpful, I found her a little evasive about this - her response was that everyone has different circles so there's certainly enough business to go around. I'd like to do my research properly before I sign up...
    Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated!
    Thanks for reading,
    Amy
  3. wildflower

wildflower New Member

Wow! I have found all the information posted here to be so very useful. I am considering becoming a Silpada Rep and was just doing a little research - you ladies are an incredible resource. I am going to check out some of the other companies mentioned, but I am definitely leaning toward Silpada. I really like the fact that the purchased jewelry is mailed directly to the customer. I tried Avon in the past and have to say that I hated the delivery part - very time consuming and living in an area with acreages - it took a lot of gas!
    I also love the fact that credit card processing is handled by the company. Too bad about the website ordering being unavailable, but I guess I can see the advantage to that as well. Would be easy for me though since I already spend alot of time on the compurter...
    Anyway - thank you all so much!
    Kathy
  4. janicebarr

janicebarr New Member

I just signed up with Silpada a few months ago and Love it [​IMG] I control my own schedule and the commission is great ! The jewelry sells itself - let me know if you need a sponsor.
  5. Heidi064

Heidi064 New Member

I will be joining Silpada this week, and I am very excited about it [​IMG]. I love the jewelery and am hoping I will find others who feel the same. I would appreciate any advice in regards to how to market your business beyond your friends and family members. My sponsor is new to Silpada herself so any help from experienced rep's would be greatly appreciated.
  6. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

Heidi064: I would appreciate any advice in regards to how to market your business beyond your friends and family members. My sponsor is new to Silpada herself so any help from experienced rep's would be greatly appreciated.
    As with any Direct Sales business, you need to make yourself and your product visible. When your family and friends do parties for you, be sure to coach them to include people from all walks of their life. You will meet more people that way and have more opportunities to secure new bookings.

Also, consider doing fundraisers for groups that need to raise money. You donate a good percentage of your commission to them and then you keep the hostess free jewelry.

Wear lots of jewelry no matter where you go. When someone comments on it (and they will), whip out a note pad and ask for their name and address and offer to send a catalog. Also get their phone number by telling them you want to follow up to see how they like the jewelry.

During the fall months you will find lots of church bazaars and other craft fairs etc. Try to participate in these. You will meet lots of people that way and you will have an opportunity to discuss your business and your product and perhaps get a booking from them or at least an order.

Trade parties with someone else in Direct Sales. For example, you do a Pampered Chef, Tastefully Simple, Arbonne, Longaberger, etc party and then they do a jewelry party for you.

Always make follow up phone calls after customers have received their jewelry to be sure it arrived safely and that they love it. This is an excellent opportunity to tell them that Susie Hostess earned $xxx in free jewelry and then you can offer them the same opportunity.

Join a networking group such as the Chamber of Commerce. These people are very supportive of one another and very helpful in passing along information about upcoming events that you might want to participate in.

Often banks (and other places) will permit you to set up a temporary display in their lobby with a stack of your business cards. Take advantage of this!

Remind people that you do business with (your doctor, dentist, lawyer, salon owner, etc) that you sell gift certificates that never expire. These make great Christmas gifts for their staff members.
  7. jessip

jessip New Member

did u ever find out how to research the number of reps
  8. Supersilverstar

Supersilverstar New Member

I am getting ready to sign up with Silpada, and this is how I ended up here. I have been trying to do my research. I was surprised to hear about so many other DS jewelry bizzes out there, but I will say, that I believe it IS good to sign with a company that has a well-known name (helps w/pre-selling) and as with ANYTHING in life, you will get out of it, what you put into it.

My thoughts about selling this are more geared toward recruiting others, as my FT career is w/the unemployment office...so I come across a lot of super frustrated people everyday, that could use an opportunity. However, I am pretty excited about building up my jewelry collection and making a few extra bucks to buy more things for my gorgeous grandson! [​IMG]
  9. jmmsmiles

jmmsmiles New Member

Hi
    I am considering becoming a rep and Billie posted SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT SILPADA back in Aug 2008 how Silpada was doing in the current ecomony. I'm sorry I don't understand what it means,could you explain.
    Sales Silpada + 32% The party plan -5.6%
    New Recruits Silpada +46% The party plan -20.4%
    Order size Silpada +9% The party plan -3.3%

I have been hesitating to join because I'm concerned about how willing people are to spend money on jewelry right now. The unemployment rate is very high in our area.
    Also wondering how I can find out how many active reps are in my area.
    Any advantages to having a local rep as your upline?
    Thanks
  10. Silpada Gal

Silpada Gal New Member

When the kids got to them, did they break them? Silpada has a lifetime warranty and you could get them replaced with the same or an item of equal value. Call your original rep and have her/him send it back for a replacement. Silpada aims to please!!
  11. beach silver

beach silver New Member

Hi I'm having my first party next week, which will be the first step o becoming a SILPADA rep. I have 3 parties booked so far. What is the best way to display the jewelry ? Should the necklaces and bracelets be on display holders ? do I need to do theme and holiday displays or is simple black, pink ot white the best ?
    I'm also booked to do a school event, and would like to do other events. Has anyone had much luck with these type shows fr future bookings exposure etc ?
    I'm also wondering do retired items usually sell for more than retail once they are retired ?

Thanks
    Lynn
  12. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Silpada is really cool - both in the business sense and if you have the right skin tone.

Here's the deal...it's a great business deal - better than most. But, you need to be pale. You have to look great in silver rather than gold.

That's it - that's the whole nine yards

~Newbie Shield~
  13. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

beach silver: Hi I'm having my first party next week, which will be the first step o becoming a SILPADA rep. I have 3 parties booked so far. What is the best way to display the jewelry ? Should the necklaces and bracelets be on display holders ? do I need to do theme and holiday displays or is simple black, pink ot white the best ?
    I'm also booked to do a school event, and would like to do other events. Has anyone had much luck with these type shows fr future bookings exposure etc ?
    I'm also wondering do retired items usually sell for more than retail once they are retired ?
    You can display your jewelry in any way that you like. I don't think that fancy displays necessarily translate into larger sales. Look at the back of a current catalog and you'll see that most of the jewelry is just laid out on a table. That's how I display mine. Sometimes if the display is too festive, people will hesitate about trying it on because they don't want to mess up the display.

Retired items don't typically go up in value. Most reps that I know actually try to sell their retired pieces for a discount since they can't sell them any longer. I have seen pieces on ebay that are several years old, go for much more than retail though.

Re events......it's a wonderful way to get leads. Offer a door prize and have people sign up with name, address, and phone number. You can then follow up later and contact each person to explain the benefits of hosting a show or joining your team. Every event is different. I have not personally had much luck with sales but you just never know. I did an event last year and only sold one pair of earrings and then a month later a lady called me from that event and placed an order over $400.

Good luck!
    Billie
  14. coffee

coffee New Member

SFerber: I am now jewelry free until they ALL move the heck out.
    I know what you mean, lol
  15. Rani01

Rani01 New Member

Hi ladies!

Would someone mind going into more detail about Silpada's comp plan?

Thanks!
    Christina
  16. dplourde

dplourde New Member

It's really simple...You make 30% of the sales..So an average party has $950 in sales so you would make $285. Even if you don't do a party and just have one person order a $100 necklace, you would make $30. It's a great opportunity. I do it just to get out of the house a little and make some extra money. It's such easy money that it sounds too good to be true. If you are interested I could send you some information on the business. Reply to this forum and we can get in touch.
  17. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

Rani01: Would someone mind going into more detail about Silpada's comp plan?
    A great company to work for! [​IMG]
    - you keep 30% commission on everything you sell
    -Silpada pays all credit card fees
    -Silpada never has a sale so you don't have to buy monthly sale flyers and then pay postage to send them out.
    -tremendous training and support available both online and through your sponsor
    -generous rewards for outstanding performance
    -no minimum sales requirements either monthly or annually
    -earning potential is unlimited as you recruit new people to join your team.
  18. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

Newbie Shield: Silpada is really cool - both in the business sense and if you have the right skin tone.
    Yes, you should have the right one or else you will not look good. Also the dress should match.
  19. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

Jean LA: Yes, you should have the right one or else you will not look good. Also the dress should match
    I don't believe that at all. I have never met a person of any hair color or skin tone that didn't look fabulous when decked out in sterling silver! [​IMG]
  20. Silpadawannabe

Silpadawannabe New Member

Close to investing in Silpada curious...? I have been checking out the upcoming craft art shows in my area and it looks like most of them have a Silpada booth already do you find that it really pays to do thoes shows? Also how do you go about finding how many reps are in your area?