Silpada?

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by WesKate, Aug 29, 2007.

1. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

Silpadawannabe: Close to investing in Silpada curious...? I have been checking out the upcoming craft art shows in my area and it looks like most of them have a Silpada booth already do you find that it really pays to do thoes shows? Also how do you go about finding how many reps are in your area?
    It all depends on what your goals are. You won't get many sales at craft shows but you might very well get recruit leads. People at craft shows are looking for instant gratification such as cash and carry items or items you have on sale (such as retired items). Personally, I have chosen not to work at fairs and bazaars. I'm in it to make money and earn free jewelry and that's at the home show!

Silpada does not make public the number of reps in any geographical area however I don't think this matters much at all. I do know that the state I live in is #4 in number of reps. I learned this fact while attending our national conference this past summer. In spite of this fact, I have NEVER crossed paths with another rep while conducting my business.

What you get out of this business is in direct proportion to the time and effort you are willing to put into it. If you are willing to spend some time on the phone and in networking with friends, family, and business associates, you will be successful!
  2. Silpadawannabe

Silpadawannabe New Member

Thanks so much for your comments that was my thought as well with the craft shows plus you have a fairly large investmaent to begin with in the cost of the booth. I am sure you can make contacts for future parties however! It is also good to know about your area of reps....... Thanks
  3. bolivu

bolivu New Member

Keep in mind that there are benefits to selling a well known product.

If you come across a customer that already owns Silpada, then that's a good lead because she will already know the great quality. The person she bought from may not be around any more or might not have kept in touch.

Its about being in the right place at the right time. If someone says "i already have a silpada rep," say "Great! has she shown you the new product line?" Whip out your catalog (you wouldn't leave home without it, right?). Next thing you know, she's buying from you because she hasn't heard from that rep in over a year.
  4. kellyjo_landers

kellyjo_landers New Member

joannemarks

You can do an event in your salon, but you can not have a continual retail display in your store. That is because it would be considered unfair to other reps that are selling by holding events and parties to sell. On public forums we are not permitted to list our own web sites (the company provides a fully interactive website to every rep) and can only show the company's web site for the same reason.

I am a brand new rep and I have already made money and earned free jewelry. It doesn't even seem like work, honestly. No formal presentation, just set up the jewelry and it really does sell itself.

If you want to know more, there is actually a link on the silpada web site to ask for more information about the opportunity. Someone will be referred to you and respond within 48 hours.
  5. paula_d

paula_d New Member

So, I met with a Sponsor and basically was told that it was "in my best interest" to have 35 pieces to show which is about $1000.00, on top of the $200.00 for the certification fee to get started. Plus, you have to have a credit card pay for the jewelry that people order from the party minus your commission, of course. And you have to pay the $200 certification fee every year to have the priviledge of selling Silpada jewerly!
  6. farmchick

farmchick New Member

Thinking about becoming a Silpada rep in addition to the business I already operate, just for the fun and diversion. Couple of questions for the reps on here:

--Don't have $1000 to spend on jewelry up front. Is it common for sponsors to have some to lend? I saw that in a few posts and was wondering if it is a frequent practice.
    --I'm new in my area, and don't have family here. Is it feasible to expect a return by doing some creative posters or possibly some ads on craigslist? I wish I had a network in the area, but I've only been here a few months and don't have many friends yet.

Thanks for any help!
  7. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

paula_d: So, I met with a Sponsor and basically was told that it was "in my best interest" to have 35 pieces to show which is about $1000.00, on top of the $200.00 for the certification fee to get started. Plus, you have to have a credit card pay for the jewelry that people order from the party minus your commission, of course. And you have to pay the $200 certification fee every year to have the priviledge of selling Silpada jewerly!
    You do NOT need to spend $1000 of your own money up front to start your Silpada business. When you sign up and pay your $199 certification fee, you can purchase as much jewelry as you want for a 50% discount. Surely you will want to purchase numerous pieces that you can start wearing yourself to generate interest in your jewelry. I have seen beautiful Silpada party displays done with as few as 10 pieces of jewelry. If you are starting a new business, it's expected that there will be an up front investment. You can recover that very quickly by booking a few parties on your calendar even before you sign up. I know.....I did it and have never looked back! [​IMG]

Also, you do not need to pay for the jewelry with a credit card when you submit orders or shows. You can pay by direct withdrawal from your checking account or you can charge the customer's purchase to their own credit card. Silpada will pay all credit card fees.
  8. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

farmchick: Don't have $1000 to spend on jewelry up front. Is it common for sponsors to have some to lend? I saw that in a few posts and was wondering if it is a frequent practice.
    --I'm new in my area, and don't have family here. Is it feasible to expect a return by doing some creative posters or possibly some ads on craigslist? I wish I had a network in the area, but I've only been here a few months and don't have many friends yet.
    While this is not a common practice, I do know of sponsors who have loaned out their jewelry to help a new recruit get started. With almost any business that you start, there are start up costs associated with it. The best thing to do is to save up your money or charge your credit card and then be sure that you already have parties on your calendar before you sign up. That way, you can pay off your initial investment very quickly and start earning real cash!
  9. paula_d

paula_d New Member

abuckigal
    Thanks for your reply, Billie. Unfortunately, I wasn't lucky enough to have been set up with a sponsor that was willing to help me out. I guess she had enough representatives that she didn't really need any more. I feel like I was dismissed because I didn't have the $1200.00 to start out with.
  10. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

paula_d: Unfortunately, I wasn't lucky enough to have been set up with a sponsor that was willing to help me out. I guess she had enough representatives that she didn't really need any more. I feel like I was dismissed because I didn't have the $1200.00 to start out with.

Let me emphasize again that you do NOT need to spend $1200 to start your own Silpada business. You can start a business with as little as 10 pieces of jewelry and create a beautiful display with it. You can also start your business with NO jewelry by getting a few people to host a catalog show for you. Get your hairdresser to host a catalog show. Mine did......and by showing the catalog to clients as she cut hair, she submitted a show that totalled $1700. She got lots of free jewelry and I got over $500 cash which I could have spent towards purchasing jewelry for my kit if I didn't already have some. If there is a will, there is a way! [​IMG] You CAN be successful!
  11. neenieUSF

neenieUSF New Member

WesKate
    Silpada is VERY do-able!! I do it part time and love it, it is very easy. I did at home cosmetic sales one time and this is definately better. You do not have to make a quota ( like $400 every 3 months type thing), you do as much as you want. As a rep you always make 30% commission on however many pieces you sell. You can book as many parties as you want, in other words, put into it as much or as little as you want. But this is not costume jewelry, it is sterling silver, Tiffany grade, .925, life-time guarantee on the craftsmanship. I have been doing it for 1 1/2 years and love it. The jewelry sells itself!! There is no big sales pitch...unless you want to do one!! But I would love to tell you more about it if you want!
  12. neenieUSF

neenieUSF New Member

paula_d
    Yes, it is $200 to get signed on to Silpada, but you get everything you need to start your business, 50 catalogues, stamps, a web site, all the brochures and paperwork, plus you get $100 in jewelry. You open a bank account strictly for your Silpada business. You then deposit checks or cash into that account and use a debit card associated with that account to pay for the order. Or you obtain credit card numbers and Silpada puts your commission into your bank account for those credit card orders immediately. It can't be easier. And you do not have to make a quota with this company.
  13. neenieUSF

neenieUSF New Member

paula_d
    Also, the reps in the area are all wonderful and the girl who signed me up lends me her jewelry for all my shows. I am building up my own jewelry to show, but I still borrow hers!
  14. Simone

Simone New Member

Charlies Mom
    I was wondering the same thing. I came in contact with a rep and they offerred to loan out there jewelry at a whopping $500.00. Well I figured instantly if I give you 500.00 then I might as well wait a couple of more weeks and sign up for the 750.00 retail start up price. I did however wonder why I couldn't just pay the CERTIFICATION and do a catalog open house like I have been reading about on other forums on the internet. Maybe the rep is trying to sell the idea to me. That is too much pressure I believe. Now I am wondering if this is for me. I thought I would get a few pieces and go from there. I was so-o-o ready. Now I am scared to make the leap. Please help Abuckigail or anyone else.

Thank you.
  15. Simone

Simone New Member

neenieUSF
    Okay I have question for abuckigal and neenieusf- I guess I am reading the catalog and brochure that Silpada sent to me. Rather immediately I might add. VERY IMPRESSIVE. I also have rcvd literature from a rep that Silpada connected me with through my interest on their site. Please Please tell me if this rep is in it for the wrong reasons. I am having second thoughts about her and I am trying not to think negative. I have a mission to fullfill. Why should I give up 500.00 each time to the rep for a show??? neenieUSF has stated that I will automatically rcv the starter kit. DOES THIS include 100.00 in free jewelry to display?????? If that is the case. I need to fill out the application now. I won't be so stressed this Memorial Weekend, wondering about what I am going to tell this rep of my decision. I just want to join the party and sell jewelry and go SOAR all while paying for my childrens activities. PomPons is expensive for my teenager[​IMG] ; Golf is expensive for my young man. Do I need to reconsider with another rep before i sign up under this one who wants me to pay her 500.00 plus the 199.00. I forgot to mention she asked me to borrow it from someone else. Well, she asked if I can borrow it from someone like a family memebr or friend. My throat paused and i thought i was on the phone with a bill collector for student loans or the car finance collections office. Hopefully this site approves in time for one of you to respond. I know it's Memorial weekend. But she wants me to call her Tuesday after the Holiday and i won't have an answer. Yes i am feeling the pressure. this is not what i want to feel going in. I wnat to join by the third week in June or July, but she is expecting me to do it sooner. okay let me stop typing-and wait for an answer form either of you or someone.
  16. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

neenieUSF: Yes, it is $200 to get signed on to Silpada, but you get everything you need to start your business, 50 catalogues, stamps, a web site, all the brochures and paperwork, plus you get $100 in jewelry.
    The fee to sign a contract with Silpada is $199. Yes, you do get all your paper supplies as well as personal website. You DO NOT get $100 in free jewelry as stated above. What you do get is the opportunity to purchase as much jewelry as you want at a 50% discount. This offer only applies at the time of sign up. When you submit your first show that totals at least $500 retail and has 10 separate orders on it, Silpada will issue you a $200 free jewelry certificate. That's "kinda" like getting a refund on your sign up fee except that the refund is in free jewelry and not in cash. Silpada also has tremendous incentives during your first 100 days as a new rep to help you build up your jewelry kit. Hope this helps! This October will be 3 years for me and I'm still loving it! [​IMG]

Send a private message to my inbox if you'd like more information or have additional questions.
  17. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

Simone: Please Please tell me if this rep is in it for the wrong reasons. I am having second thoughts about her and I am trying not to think negative. I have a mission to fullfill. Why should I give up 500.00 each time to the rep for a show??? neenieUSF has stated that I will automatically rcv the starter kit. DOES THIS include 100.00 in free jewelry to display?????? If that is the case. I need to fill out the application now.
    If you have a potential sponsor that is telling you she will loan you her jewelry for a price of $500, my advice is to run away!!! Maybe I am minunderstanding your post but that's what it sounds like you are saying.

Let me say again that Silpada is an awesome company to work for! There are no quotas to meet and you just do as much or as little as you please.

When you start any business you should expect that there is some investment to make. In the case of Silpada, you probably already love the jewelry or you wouldn't be considering this as a new part time job. You do have to pay the $199 start up fee which includes everything you need (catalogs, business cards, order forms, website, etc) EXCEPT you do NOT get any free jewelry. You DO have the opportunity to purchase as much as you want at a 50% discount at the time of sign up. There is a brand new catalog coming in just 2 weeks with probably about 100 new pieces of jewelry added to the collection. Now is the time to sign up! The fall selling season (Christmas) will soon be upon us and you can be very successful.

My suggestion is to order as much 50% off jewelry as you can afford and try to get between 6-10 parties on your calendar before you sign up. YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL! I PROMISE!

Send private message to my inbox here if you want additional information.
  18. ronnicole2001

ronnicole2001 New Member

I am thinking about becoming a rep but the person who will sponsor me lives like 4 states down and she says that is perfectly fine. Would it be better if I signed up with someone closer?
  19. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

ronnicole2001: I am thinking about becoming a rep but the person who will sponsor me lives like 4 states down and she says that is perfectly fine. Would it be better if I signed up with someone closer?
    Not necessarily. What you want from a sponsor is someone who will always be there to answer questions and help motivate you when you are seeking to grow your business. This can definitely be done long distance. Silpada also has wonderful online training available and conference calls where you can dial in and participate. If that's not convenient, you can dial in and listen to the replay. My advice is to sign up under someone you have spoken to on more than one occasion and who you feel very comfortable with no matter what state she lives in.

If it's meetings you are looking to attend, that can always be arranged even if your sponsor is not in your area to attend them with you.
  20. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

The new 2011 catalog has arrived with 129 brand new exciting pieces of jewelry!!!!! Check it out! If you don't have a Silpada Rep or don't know one then please send message to my inbox and I'll tell you how to view the catalog online.