Site Map

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by garygoh, May 21, 2009.

1. Mandymovers

Mandymovers New Member

Site map is a list or collection of webpages. Benefits of site map are navigation and better visibility by search engines. And also sitemaps offer the opportunity to inform search engines immediately about any changes on your website.

2. Sanjay Sharma

Sanjay Sharma New Member

Hello Friends,

Using a site map can help getting more pages crawled and indexed by search engines like Google, but it may not alone be considered as a guarantee for top positions online, especially in competitive niches which are targeted by a lot of big portals. You can make use of HTML or XML versions of site maps to ensure your content pages will be easily reached.

3. Sanjay Sharma

Sanjay Sharma New Member

Sitemaps are too costly, at least for me. And the results aren't that promising for what you're investing. This is just how I evaluate it by the way.

4. Akash Agarwal

Akash Agarwal New Member

A sitemap is normally known as a file of the XML type which has the function of listing the URLs for any site. The sitemap allows the webmaster to add further information about the URL such as the last updates, the changes in the URLs and how often it is made, and also the importance of the URL in relation to the others. Sitemaps can prove to be beneficial in certain situations such as the inability of the user to access every area of a particular website through the interface of a browser.

5. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

? Sitemaps can be generated for free, just do a search for "free sitemap", only takes a few minutes.
    For WordPress and other CMS sites there are free plug-ins that generate and update them.
    The only ones I've ever had to pay for were websites with over 500 pages.
    Not many personal or home biz sites come close to 500 pages.