So is Health and Wellness a Smart Industry to Be Building In?

Discussion in 'Health' started by Lori Moreno, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Lori Moreno

Lori Moreno New Member

Are Nutritionals a Viable Product these days?

YES!

Here are some Statistics to Ponder....

Internet Sales....

2007 internet sales grew to $138 billion (an increase of 19%)
    USA online sales: are now close to $200 billion

-forecast to exceed $300 billion in 5 years

Nutritional Sales...

Even with a tough economic climate last year...

Nutritional Sales in the US grew 10.7% to $93.9 billion in 2007

Looks to me like people are considering NUTRITION
    more and more of a neccessity.

As the 'baby boomers' age NUTRITION is
    going from being 'trendy' and a 'luxury' to being a
    NECCESITY.

Be well and prosper!

Lori

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I know - we Americans eat McDonalds cheeseburgers, microwave pizza, artificial all kinds of things and then guzzle down liquid vitamins to make us feel good and balance our diet...lol

I am guilty - I am one of them.[​IMG]

3. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

I think the Health & Wellness industry is a great one to be a part of, it's one of those that seems to always be popular. I think it's good that people want to take care of themselves, but it does all start with what you feed your body, plus getting that body active. Nutritional products can only do so much.

4. ajonarii

ajonarii New Member

The health and wellness industry is definitely a smart industry to invest your business into. As more and more research is performed, nutrition and exercise are becoming more and more popular and mainstream in our culture. This is an industry that is not going anywhere, but will continue to grow rapidly in the future.

5. westfam11

westfam11 Member

I think one reason that a Health and Wellness business can do well now with the economy and with all of the baby boomers there are now is the cost of health care.

I have heard some complaints about the prices of some of the products in the health and wellness industry but it still is less expensive to do the prevention before it becomes a medical issue.
    There are a lot of good products out there.

I would much rather spend 100.00 per month on supplements that work than to have to spend 500, 1000 or more in medical expenses and drugs after a medical problem has manifested itself.

That is just my opinion.

Becky

6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I am with you Becky and if you can get on a business program where you spend a hundred a month on health products... you can really benefit.[​IMG]

1) Get healthier

2) Make money by helping others get healthier

3) Great tax deductions

4) Have fun helping others find health and wealth

I could add more to the list but it's really a no-brainer.[​IMG]

Viola

7. Savvie

Savvie New Member

Excellent points you guys!

I am absolutely fascinated with how the technology in the health and wellness field is advancing all the time ~ I love this field!

8. MamAtWork

MamAtWork New Member

There are so many ways that we can be healthy never needing supplements....but you're right that most people just don't do it and so there in lies the need for this industry. It will never go away.

9. sharycea

sharycea New Member

I think that the average consumer worldwide is concerned about some type of health-related issue. Whether it is to lose weight, to stop smoking, to relieve stress, to increase sexual performance, to get rid of high blood pressure or high cholesterol, colon cleansing ... and that is just the tip of the iceberg. The health industry is definitely here to stay!

10. Phil Stones

Phil Stones New Member

Yes a huge market - have you not done the research on google keywords and seen the figures !

11. David_Ogden

David_Ogden New Member

Even as the World is on the brink of recession millions are being spent by consumers on health and wellness products.

Along with alchohol in times of stress people pop pills, so it could be that the health and wellness industry will be one of the winners and also help the world climb out of recession.

Many millionaires will be created by the health and wellness industry

12. WARRANTIES4LESS

WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

Interesting,

In my experience, no doubt, nutritional supplements is a big and growing business, but when recession comes a knocking, and it is banging on our doors at the moment, people start to cut back, and sadly, the first thing they start cutting is what they can live without.

Number one is eating out, and then comes the change to no brand items, as in generic, so I suspect many will start feeling it as people drop out of the high cost nutritional deals, sadly, usually these are the MLM products, so hang on, this recession is only just sinking in, and I know I have seen attrition rates like never before, so if you haven't seen it yet, sadly, you will, you cannot stop budget cuts no matter how good your nutritional product is.

Recession proof businesses is all I look at now, and you need to diversify if you want to survive, never mind thrive in a deep recession, or worse, a depression. I went through last recession, and learned a hard lesson, people cut back on health concerns across the board, check it out, people stop going to dentist, skip medical check ups, and sadly, stop buying high price nutritional products, so be prepared, statistics show a recession always changes peoples buying habits.

Wealth Without Health is Worthless, Mike

13. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Leanology shakes which is a meal replacement COSTS LESS than a Latte !

And it is a lot more healthier for you!

I just made a squidoo lens for the holidays using Leanology shakes.
    (pm for url)

Substitute up to two meals per day
    Leanology Nutritional Shakes are designed to deliver the perfect balance of nutrients you need for a healthy meal substitute: protein, healthy carbohydrates, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and fiber. Because they have the right balance of nutrition, they can help satisfy your hunger for hours.

Whole foods
    The shakes contain whole food ingredient sources from fruits, vegetables, legumes, seeds and berries.

FiberWith their high fiber content, Leanology Shakes can help improve digestion and help stabilize blood sugar levels.

Omega-3 fatty acids
    Leanology Shakes are a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids which can help your body reduce inflammation and improve circulation.

Terri

See the freebie

14. cmassey

cmassey New Member

This year alone, there is going to be alot of americans turning there back on healthcare. The price of healthcare is at a national high. Most companies feel that you take what every they give you. People are turning to alternative health, which is discount plans. To save money.

15. Iwannabthin

Iwannabthin New Member

The health and wellness industry is wide open. With so many people not able to afford health care, they are looking for alternatives

16. jeffathome

jeffathome New Member

The health and wellness industry is so huge that there is room for anyone who wants to make some extra money in it. Just make sure you choose a company you believe in. I think a company that takes a more proactive approach to health is better than one that just wants to offer you supplements.

17. livinghealthy

livinghealthy New Member

My business is with a health and wellness company and we have been growing since 1895. Last year we went over the $875 billion mark. Yes, this is an area you can easily build a home business with.

You do need to make sure that you are connected with a company who has a proven track record and gives you the support you need to build with. Make sure the products you work with have research backing and the company continues to develop new products. It is very hard to build a growing business on just a couple of products. Also, make sure the company you connect with has a very good customer service reputation. You need to know that the company puts the customer first and not looking for their representatives to b ring in as many new customers as possible without taking care of the customer's needs.

Lynn
    "helping families work from home and earn a residual income"

[Link removed - Admin]

18. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

Health and Wellness is tops for home based business suggestions especially in this recession. My earnings are higher each month in the 4 figures, and I have a large organization I work with.

I thought some of my customer's would start ordering less but it has not happened, although some are ordering a little less frequently with larger order's, I assume to reduce shipping charges.

There are too many baby-boomer's out there that are concerned with their health too stop taking high quality products.

Another key though is to look at business' in place for a minimum of 5 year's to assure a better chance at longevity, preferably a debt free company, good customer support and a number of product's. Someone posted earlier in this thread regarding product's, and I agree, I would not be in a company that offer only a few. People have to many different need's. Also, getting in a company that could continue in profit if they had no distributor's and the customer's would just keep ordering anyway! That is one to think about.

19. jimmyk007

jimmyk007 New Member

This is a good thing considering the fact that a lot of discoveries and treatments have been available for the market nowadays, but I just hope that the pharmaceutical companies will not take advantage of this one by drawing us to buy medicines with not-as-promised effects just for the sake of earning an income.

20. toogabooga

toogabooga New Member

Health & wellness is definitely a great business to be in! Think about the fact the for most people their list of most important things includes loved ones, faith, health, and money! These things are normally at the top of their list. In today's economy more and more people are looking for a solid opportunity because they've finally discovered that working for the big guy, is risky! They want control of their financial future and the health and wellness industry provides a very good way of securing it plus enhances their quality of life at the same time. With the discoveries made in the past few years, some very good products are finally available to all of us. Most of the really good ones are not going to be found on the shelves at a store!