So Many Internet Marketing techniques...but so little time...

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by taakinc, May 30, 2012.

1. KB24

KB24 Member

If you are in the I.M niche the only way you are going to make sales is if you build a list of subscribers. There are too many scam products out there and most people arte sceptical of make money online products. Don't get me wrong there are legit products out there but you really need to do some research. People buy from people they trust.
  2. Stephen Karanja

Stephen Karanja New Member

When you are new in internet marketing it is easy to be overwhelmed by the different techniques and tools available not to mention the amount of information one is bombarded with. No wonder most people just quit. But just like in any profession or skill you must acquire the knowledge first through training. In the internet marketing most people believe that you can learn it just by acquiring few skills here and there. This is the mistake that most make and it leads to failure and quitting.

To avoid such outcomes and to become successful one needs training first. I always suggest to newbies to find a mentor to teach them internet marketing. Yes you can buy a program from a Guru and you know what happens you will abardon it and buy the next one .. on and on. I have been there before but until when I picked on mentor to coach me I always found it very difficult to make money online. But after following the lessons and interacting with the mentor I was able to put the pieces together. Once you have the knowledge the internet becomes your friend. It will not overwhelm you because you know how to move around and get what you want and leave the noise out.

Internet marketing is like mountain climbing. If you try to climb a mountain without a guide who knows the mountain and the best route to follow you will not make it to the top or you will never make it down either. So if you are new in internet marketing look for a mentor to guide you. Not a Guru as a guru is just interested in selling you his or her product.
  3. crisstar

crisstar Member

The goal with marketing is to find the most effective tactics that bring you targeted traffic that in turn turns into sales.

I have a feeling that you're not tracking anything. Are you getting leads from your classifieds? Are they turning into sales? Of all those leads you're emailing, how many end up opting in to your site or buying your product?

You need to slow down and do one technique. Track and see how much time it takes you to do it and your results of that technique. Just track for a week just to give you some data to go by and you'll either see that you're either need to dump it altogether or get better at doing it.

80% of your income will come from the 20% of the tactics you're doing (you know that 80/20 rule). You have to discover which of the things you're doing give's you the 80% of your income. Those are the ones you need to focus on, get good at, and scale up.
  4. SEO is a really time consuming job. However, there are software now that will help you in doing these things that will still look natural.

You mentioned that you are using Facebook and Twitter for your campaigns, you can use http://bufferapp.com/ or https://www.socialoomph.com/ to schedule your updates.

With forums, you really need to take your time with these as your presence is needed because you are talking to other forum members.

On the other hand, article writing is the best way to get long term benefits. It may take time but you'll get traffic from these articles once you submit these to directories or to your blog.

Christian
  5. tkyles1009

tkyles1009 Member

Hi taakinc, Your efforts are definitely not in vain. Just invest the time you have for now and when an opportunity comes for you to invest more time do so.

You will still see results but the results will be according to the amount of time you have to invest. I'm wishing you the best of luck.

Kind regards
  6. Adrian

Adrian Member

Just pick one marketing technique at a time. Become a master at it,then move on to the next one. That way you don't become overwhelmed. The biggest problem most newbies have is that they try to do everything at one time.
  7. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Active Member

Don't we all...?!

Look into OUTSOURCING!
  8. jamess

jamess Member

Content marketing is the most important internet marketing technique. Just create blogs and update it regularly..