So you love your olive oil

Discussion in 'Health' started by weebitty, Apr 5, 2010.

1. weebitty

weebitty Member

2. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

Some foods simply need olive oil. I guess moderation is the key.

3. fixaprob

fixaprob New Member

Olive oil is clearly one of the good oils, one of the healing fats. Most people do quite well with it since it does not upset the critical omega 6 to omega 3 ratio and most of the fatty acids in olive oil are actually an omega-9 oil which is monounsaturated.

4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Olive oil is good for you. No question about it.

Actually everything on the market in terms of food is good for you when you balance everything out and don't take in too much of something.

5. weebitty

weebitty Member

talfighel, I would disagree with you on everything is good for you. The GMO, HFCS, MSG etc are not at all good for you. There is too much chemicals in our food. We are starting to get wise to the food companies and they are starting to take stuff out that they know is not good to help their bottom line but if people don't buy your junk then it doesn't make for a healthy bottom line. Disease has gotten rampant and the food is alot of the reason why. Sorryt o disagree with you on that point.

6. ninnato

ninnato New Member

I do agree that olive oil is good for the health ??“ so say the Mediterranean ??“ but they just exaggerate.
    Being married with an Italian we use it everywhere ??“ and you cannot convince my husband that it can be too much...

[​IMG]

7. babo2708

babo2708 New Member

Does olive oil treat stretch marks?[​IMG]

8. bing

bing New Member

Stretch marks are not that easy to treat.

I believe oils and lotions are used for preventive measures of having stretch marks but there are really individuals who get stretch marks because of their genes.

There are over the counter products to lessen the stretch marks. These kinds of products are encouraged to be applied while marks are still new, just like wound scars.

9. weebitty

weebitty Member

10. katereber

katereber New Member

Leafy salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, hhm so yummy and healthy..

Just sharing..
    Have a great day to all..