Social Bookmarking - Major Key to SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by wealthbuilders, Jul 3, 2010.

1. wealthbuilders

wealthbuilders New Member

Social bookmarking websites are a resource for Internet users to share their favorite websites. Not only is it a tool for sharing, but also to manage and organize your favorite websites online ??“ a lot like your "favorites" folder on your browser. That being said, this process offers a huge advantage for SEO as well as article, blog, and video promotion. Everytime you share a link for your article on Ezine, or your blog post, you are generating backlinks that help push up your ranking in search engines.

Here are my top 8 favorite social bookmarking websites. What are yours?

??? DIGG
    ??? Delicious
    ??? StumbleUpon
    ??? Squidoo
    ??? Technorati
    ??? Reddit
    ??? Diigo
    ??? Propeller

[​IMG]
  2. sarauk

sarauk New Member

There are so much new things to learn it is tiring!
    Thanks for the tip though, I left internet marketing for few years and it is getting more and more competitive.
  3. Margo Tuul

Margo Tuul New Member

Im using Bookmarking Demon, so i really don't have a favorite site. I like to use as many sites as possible as only 1 type/site backlinks are no good. And i only use SB for my articles or for Yahoo answers. You will boost your page "weight" really good.

Also if you don't know, Delicious, DIGG, Technorati, Reddit, Propeller...all are NoFollow sites. What means, these sites are not going to pass any "juice" to your site/landing page.

They count as backlinks yes, but to pass PR "juice", no good.

http://socialmarker.com/ is good free tool for social bookmarking.
  4. trm21

trm21 New Member

I second the recommendation of SocialMarker.com! It lists a ton of good ones that you can easily submit to through them.

Also, Squidoo is huge to drive traffic to your site. It's great for backlinks, if done correctly. (Same with Hubpages)
  5. adamtaylor

adamtaylor New Member

Here are my top 8 favorite social bookmarking websites:

Digg.com
    Propeller.com
    StumbleUpon
    Reddit.com
    Del.icio.us
    Newsvine.com
    Fark.com
    Blinklist.com
    Clipmarks.com
    Shoutwire.com
  6. HarryJackson

HarryJackson New Member

Social media sites are the free source of getting tons of traffic, specially digg and stumbleupon. My favorite is Stumbleupon mentioned in your list.
  7. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Yeah, these are great and you can get some great free traffic from them if you optimize your page properly.

Thanks for sharing this list with us.

Tal
  8. amicof

amicof Member

I recently discovered a free service called pingfm.com
    It's completely free and allows you to bookmark your content with lots of social media sites at the click of a button. [​IMG]
  9. sarauk

sarauk New Member

only wire free service and does that too
  10. kenwrites

kenwrites New Member

pingfm and OnlyWire are excellent tools. I prefer the OnlyWire myself, but pingfm is a good one as well.
  11. onlinelupe

onlinelupe New Member

I read somewhere that it's not good to do Social Demon or other companies b/c it flags your site and pushes you backwards. How many backlinks does Social Demon get you compared to how many you could do per day on your own? Is it where SD is putting the links or is it how many there are that's a problem (especially in Google's eyes)?
  12. JerickT

JerickT New Member

Social bookmarking sites is really one of the good strategies of link building techniques.. I also recommend social media in advertising a site.. Imagine the popularity of this sites.. there are really lots of chances on this one.
  13. MartinJames

MartinJames New Member

Socail media sites are really a free source of getting traffic towards sites also if they are do follow then what better then that. My favorite are digg , reddit and stumbleupon as i get some good traffic from them
  14. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

If you are bookmarking your url that deals with marketing money making products to people, you will get less response from social bookmarking because most people believe everything is a scam.

Simply bookmarking is not enough. You have to ping your social bookmarking profile, and ping the rss feeds and force google spiders to see your links.
  15. fixaprob

fixaprob New Member

Social bookmarking is a good option but you should have to very care fully and not to become spammer.There are some tips
    1.Always try to bookmark good stuff.
    2.Try to bookmarks several times a day
    3.whenever you find new stuff try to share with other
    4.Be a multi interested and don't focus on one topic
    5.you should give comments on others bookmark.
  16. harrisonsmith

harrisonsmith New Member

Social Networking is very in vogue in these days for marketing. Social networks like facebook or twitter are doing great work on advertising and marketing.
    it has many benefits for SEO and website promotion
  17. Justine

Justine New Member

I am a big fan of multi-channel marketing[​IMG] and getting backlinks from various places including social bookmarking is what I do.

Yes, they are no-follow but there are opinions that they are considered by Googlebots in their indexing/ranking algorithms.
    I'm also getting some traffic from some of these places, so why not [​IMG]
  18. treevee

treevee Member

I've just joined SocialMarker and am having trouble understanding one thing .... if someone can shed some light on this, I will be very indebted!! [​IMG] ----

Once you go through and set up membership with all of the bookmarking sites within SocialMarker, how do you go about actually bookmarking something you read or write?

And, I noticed (ok, another question here) that someone stated on this thread to ping the rss's of sites bookmarked also ..... what's that about? Anyone?
  19. darkwizgemz

darkwizgemz New Member

Truly helps, thanks a lot. [​IMG]
  20. pplrulz

pplrulz New Member

Thanks for all the information on social bookmarking. I'm just now getting started and learning alot. It can be very overwhelming at times, but this forum has some great tips and info.

I'm currently using digg, reddit, stumbleupon, twitter, linkedin, and doing free press releases.