Social bookmarking

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by lathalukose, Jan 3, 2009.

1. lathalukose New Member

Hi,
    Is there a way we can digg / stumble / social boomark each others sites. This will generate traffic to our sites and would be a win win.
    Is there something like this somewhere?
  2. happywife Gold Member

There are social bookmarking buttons you can put on your site. You can see them on mine at the very bottom of the pages. That way when someone is visiting your site, then can add it to places like Facebook, Stumble, etc. if they like it and want to share it with friends.

Natural bookmarking is better than tagging each other. You don't really want to create an artificial reality. It may be good for a quick boost, but it could hurt you in the long run.

It's good to keep things 'real' as much as possible. Google certainly isn't all-knowing, but the technology is really mind boggling. They seem to be able to figure out artificial manipulation, and they don't like it.

They depend on natural human reactions to provide their advertisers with genuine quality leads. When it appears people are trying to deliberately mess with that, they seem to get a bit cranky. [IMG]

If you go to someone's site and genuinely like it, by all means, bookmark them in your preferred social bookmarking site. Hopefully, if you put the option on your site, people will like your site and do the same.

That's just my understanding on how/why it should be done for the best results. Hope that helps.

Blessings,
    Angie
  3. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

lathalukose: Hi,
    Is there a way we can digg / stumble / social boomark each others sites. This will generate traffic to our sites and would be a win win.
    Is there something like this somewhere?

There are some groups that work primarily to achieve this. However I don't think it's gonna last long. Anything that can be manipulated, will lose value in the long run.
  4. MyOwnBoss New Member

Vishal P. Rao:
    There are some groups that work primarily to achieve this. However I don't think it's gonna last long. Anything that can be manipulated, will lose value in the long run.

I totally agree that manipulating the sites won't last long. On the other hand, creating a small digg ring or something like that can do a lot of good. Doing it enough to get to the first page on Digg will probably get someone comparing IP's to see if your content is getting the same votes every time. If you just get 5-10 diggs, it's not enough to draw attention (unless it naturally takes off), but it is enough to set your content apart from the 90% or people who just post content then digg it to get indexed quickly.
  5. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi lathalukose,

Ditto to the above three replies. The owners and power users of sites such as Digg and Stumble Upon are savvy to gaming the system and act quickly to put a halt to it. It's easy to get banned.

On the other hand, if you and a few others have good sites and you stick to digging and stumbling your very best pages once in a while, you should be able to get some digg and stumble action.

Be careful and you'll be fine.

~Newbie Shield~
  6. gowriter Member

Socialmarker.com allows you submit to all the major social bookmarking sites at the same time.
  7. Phil Stones New Member

yes used social marker and social poster - both do the job - one being free - interesting way of working, playing with this at present time.
  8. gowriter Member

You can use Only Wire and put the free share button on your website. It bookmarks out to 22 different sites at the same time. You have to sign up for an account to each of the sites first, though.