Social Bookmarking

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by cocofine, Mar 28, 2009.

1. cocofine

cocofine New Member

I am a newbie. I heard about social bookmarking for SEO. Could anyone tell me what is bookmarking and how to do it.

Thank you very much

2. samda

samda Member

I hope you know about bookmarking any web page in your browser. You click bookmark and use it in future.

This is just same as the traditional pattern above. You login to a social bookmarking site, bookmark the website and use it any where and any time when you login with that account.

Bookmarked websites will be listed and many people visit it and bookmark them if it is a cool website. In this way sometimes you end up getting good one way links.

I hope you got it...

Thanks
    Sam

3. srama3

srama3 New Member

Hello,
    Samueldarwin got it exactly right, and I think that you should give this a go. When marketing, you have to try all sorts of things to see what you are good at, so give this a go and if it works, good for you! But if it doesn't, just keep chugging along and marketing in different ways.

Cheers,
    srama3

4. MayaLocke

MayaLocke New Member

Social bookmarking is essentially where people "vote" or endorse things they like. The more endorsements something gets the more attention and exposure it gets in the social network.

5. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hi Tris,
    I use Social Marker and Onlywire to automate this process.
    I had been experiencing problems with Social Marker lately, uncertain why.

You could search You Tube for tutorials, or PM me any time.

Have a wonderful day!
    Victoria

6. linkersblog

linkersblog New Member

Try using Digg, Delicous, Twitter, Stumble, Propeller, Slashdot, and Furl. These are the sites that work best for me. They have high page ranks and lots of traffic, so you get SEO done for your site and traffic if you use these sites efficiently.

7. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

VictoriaNTC: I use Social Marker and Onlywire to automate this process.
    I had been experiencing problems with Social Marker lately, uncertain why.
    Me too. I am also using both for my social bookmarking services.

I have a couple of accounts just can't login without any reason. I have to recreate the accounts again.

8. Baldwin

Baldwin New Member

It is one of the best SEO tactics to drive traffic to our site. We would gain some back links from Social book marking, but these back links are not permanent.

9. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

It' is good way to you bookmarking system

I think everybody has good ideas about this system

Keep it up., I hope everyone's success~[​IMG]

Happy day~^^[​IMG]

10. jschuman

jschuman New Member

I use Onlywire.com.

The key is to get your keyword phrase in the title and first and last paragraph of your blog article. Then social bookmark it and wait for the search engines to spider the social directories. Target longtail phrases for quicker results and long term traffic because of less competition.

11. Roseanne

Roseanne New Member

Hi, I've heard that these book marking directories have also their cons as you are bookmarking the same content on 50 or more sites. has anybody read about this?[​IMG] Roseanne

12. mwyawahf

mwyawahf New Member

i normally use Digg, Delicous, Twitter
    they help your site get high rank quickly

thanks
    MBeshr

13. cocofine

cocofine New Member

Thanks to all of you for useful advice....I just tried social marker.

14. Lancelot

Lancelot New Member

Social bookmarking is one of the effective channels in SEO to drive fast traffic to a website.

15. Roseanne

Roseanne New Member

I have not come round yet to use Onlywire, but digg.com user like funny videos on sites, so if you have on your site digg it.[​IMG]

16. getreffs

getreffs Guest

i am very thankful to all of you, that i got some useful information from you guys.
    Thank you so much.

17. getreffs

getreffs Guest

I want to know that for how many days these links are store in a socail bookmark site.

18. gjohnson85

gjohnson85 New Member

It is where you "bookmark" or save online your favorite sites. This is a great marketing avenue for SEO since it helps drive traffic to your site as other people could see it.

19. johnsonseo

johnsonseo New Member

Hi all,

I want to know one thing to all what is the use of social bookmarking in ranking anybody explain me.

Thanks
    Johnson

20. gowriter

gowriter Member

Social Bookmarking is just another way your blog posts or articles get noticed and read on the internet because people thought it was interesting to read.

How does it help with page ranking? If people click to read your article title, you've just received a backlink. Backlinks are what boost the popularity of your sites.

That is the purpose of trying to draw traffic to your website via social book marketing, article marketing,video marketing, pay per click and all other forms of media.

At some point, if you've received so many clicks, your website stays in the top ranking.