Solo Ads, etc.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by DanitaZ, Sep 29, 2012.

1. DanitaZ

DanitaZ New Member

Is anyone here using Solo ads to generate traffic? What have your experiences been?

Danita

2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

With solo ads you can enjoy a fantastic return on investment, experience a complete loss, or end up with results somewhere in between. There are 3 key elements that play a role in the outcome.

1. The solo ad campaign objectives.​
    2. The solo ad campaign strategy.​
    3. The behavior of factors beyond your control.​

Here are some important things to be mindful of in relation to the above:

- is your offer free or paid​
    - are you going after subscribers or sales​
    - where are you placing the ads​
    - language and writing style of the ads​
    - number of guaranteed clicks to be purchased​
    - day and time mailings are sent​
    - how responsive are the lists where ads are placed​
    - do you have an automated email follow-up system​

All of these things (and more) will contribute to the results you end up with.

Hermas

3. DanitaZ

DanitaZ New Member

Hermas, all of your comments are spot on - especially the infomration on how you will FOLLOW UP - that can be the making/breaking of the outcome.

I've been using some solo ad "concepts" with a group of people on Skype. I don't think this forum allows advertising, so I won't post any links to the stuff we're doing, but if anyone is interested let me know. Essentially it takes the same idea of a solo ad, but uses the idea more of "ad swapping" to build lists.

4. KB24

KB24 Active Member

If you are looking to build a list in the I.M niche solo ads are one of the quickest ways to build a list fast. Most solo ads are in the I.M market..

5. mreese601

mreese601 Member

I would love to know the result of other people that has use solo ads before. I use them and I spend $100 dollars and got 67 opt-in! That was like a 1.49 a lead! Which I didn't get no sales! But I am building my list.

6. KB24

KB24 Active Member

Its good that you are getting people on your list but its the relatonship that you have with them that is going to make you sales. People buy from people they trust.

7. crisstar

crisstar Member

Like with any kind of paid marketing, you have to be willing to test...and testing costs money. Don't expect to get tons of sales with your first run of a solo ad.It could happen, but don't be surprised if it doesn't. The more solo's you do, the better your ads should be and the more they should convert. Make sure you track as well.

8. Cristi Doncea

Cristi Doncea New Member

Hi there, i've been using free solo ads for more than 2 months, i got a lot of clicks but no sign-ups because everyone is promoting their business. Paid solo ads i didn't tried it yet, so i don't know how effective they are.

9. Adrian

Adrian Member

I find Solo ads to be a very effective way of marketing online.But I use solo ads primarily to build my list. It really depends on how good a copywriter you are. I remember sending out an ad with Viral Url, got a bunch of opt-ins and one sign up. Pretty good results with Solo Ads for me versus PPC or Banner advertising.

10. David Bryant

David Bryant New Member

I use solo ads all the time. I have used other methods to marketeting
    but I always come back to the good old solo ads. They are really great
    for building your list.

11. debbieg

debbieg New Member

I use solo ads as well.
    I have used solos to build my list for a couple of niches..works well

12. CreateYourWealt

CreateYourWealt New Member

Solo ads are a great way to build a list, but if you are a beginner with them, you really need to do a thorough check on who you are enlisting to run them. You need to ask them if they are redirecting, if they run multiple links in one ad, to name a couple of watch outs. If they charge extra for you to provide your own copy, that means they are most likely running a generic ad, and when one customer's clicks have been fulfilled, they switch the clicks to your site. This generates the clicks really fast for the provider, but it is poor traffic to your site, and will not result in a good opt-in ratio.

13. I have had success with solo ads. You just need to really research where your getting them from. This will determine the quality of your opt-ins. :)

14. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

I have not used solo ads for several years. I do have folks that ask me occasionally about them though. Can anyone suggest any where they currently get good results?

15. jamess

jamess Member

I have used solo ad, initially it didn't work but after some time it gave good amount of traffic..

16. whitney black

whitney black Member

I've heard of them and I heard they're very good, but I've never used them yet. I plan on it sometime though. It's a great way to leverage other people's email lists!