Some advice about working from home

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by waterfordbjj, Apr 19, 2007.

1. waterfordbjj

waterfordbjj New Member

I am interested in starting work from home but i am a complete beginner and have no idea where to start. I've read about affiliate marketing, but it sounds so overwhelming, i wouldn't even know where to start. . i'm interested in using ebay but its seems too competitive to be profitable. any tips or advice would be appreciated. i'm interested in travel, reading/writing and brazillian jiujitsu if thats of any relevance. thanks. Shane [​IMG]
  2. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

Hi Shane,

If you are interested in travel, then you might want to take a look at Coastal Vacations. And the business itself is not complicated at all. You can run your business the way YOU like to do it. It is all about enjoying what you do. For example, if you prefer not to talk to prospects, our call center can do that for you. Or you may really enjoy talking to people and doing the business the traditional way. Some people like retail marketing or B2B. We provide all kinds of training and support to help you as you learn.

Not only do you get the business, but you get the lifetime membership to some terrific travel deals and savings. For me it was the way to go. I needed something I could pick up quickly and get started with right away. I enjoy travelling as well and this just seemed like a natural fit for me.

Let me know if you have some more specific questions.

Noreen
  3. Gap2007

Gap2007 New Member

I would have to say that you should start writing useful books and get affiliates to sell them.

You could easily pick up affiliates to promote your product if you offer a cash bonus program for top sales. I would just go to affiliate forums and get affiliates to promote books for you. This way you would avoid the marketing aspect of affiliate marketing.
  4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

If you know about martial arts, you could write some articles about Brazillian Jiujitsu, and then link to a martial arts affiliate program for those wanting to learn more about self defense.
  5. waterfordbjj

waterfordbjj New Member

hi noreen, it sounds good, but there's just so many plans out there offering big payouts, its hard to filter out which will work. and the original investment is a big gamble to make when i'm not completley sure how it works.
    if there are a lot of people already involved, is it hard to find a sale for yourself? i'm very much interested though. i think i might try find a silent business partner to put up the investment in exchange for half my profits. would this be a good idea? or is there anyway i pay registration in installments?
  6. waterfordbjj

waterfordbjj New Member

hey getagrip, another good idea, affiliate marketing seems like a good idea, but i'm not sure how i could go about this. would emailing all martial art equipment suppliers asking them for affiliate link opportunities be the way to go? sorry for sounding like such a beginner but i'm very cautious about throwing away money as i don't have much of it to start with
  7. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Shane,

Noreen is right, Coastal is the real deal. I know that it looks overwhelming. There is a lot of information out there.

To answer some of your questions, there are a lot of people involved in Coastal, but the market will never be saturated because travel is the #1 industry in the world and many, many people search for a home based business every day. Is it hard to get a sale? I don't think so, but it isn't a magic bullet either. There definitely is work involved. As far as a business partner - that is an awesome idea! That is actually how I got started with Coastal. My mother-in-law and I are business partners. [​IMG]

The best thing to do is check out a few different things that interest you then narrow it down from there. You shouldn't just go after the 'big ticket' items. You have to like what you are doing in order for it to work for you over the long run.

You have definitely come to the right place asking for advise. This is a very helpful forum!

Hope this helps!

Lora
  8. waterfordbjj

waterfordbjj New Member

just so i have this right. basically with costal . . when i pay $1700 (roughly) i get membership and a refferal code or something like that. then i advertise the sites great vacation plans, the interested parties call to book the holidays and give mt reference code, i then get 1000 for every person that books a holiday? and after a certain amount of sales i get promoted to level 2 where each sale gets me a bigger profit margin?
  9. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Shane,

That is basically how the call center works. I personally do not use a call center. I am part of the Coastal WealthBuilders and the basic package is $1295. You purchase a lifetime domestic travel package and with that you have the option of starting your own business.

You can start out at a higher level and get a domestic/international travel package and bring yourself into higher profits faster if you like. There are 3 levels to choose from. All of the information is on my website. Just click on my sig and on the left hand side of my home page you will see a link that says "Read the Coastal Profile". That should answer most of your questions for you!

Lora
  10. waterfordbjj

waterfordbjj New Member

is there anyway to join without paying membership fee? ie just sacrafice the first couple paycheques instead?
  11. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

Quoting: waterfordbjj the interested parties call to book the holidays and give mt reference code, i then get 1000 for every person that books a holiday? and after a certain amount of sales i get promoted to level 2 where each sale gets me a bigger profit margin?

Let me clarify because what you are asking is NOT what Coastal is. Coastal Vacations is lifetime membership which gains you access to thousands of $$ worth of travel (hotel, cruises, condos, etc). Many of the offers are unlimited and you can give them away to family, friends and charity. What we do is promote this wonderful package which is a stand alone retail product, and offer the business opportunity to those interested.

To answer your question, the interested parties call me or my call center and buy one of the 3 levels of the packages. It is nothing to do with booking travel. I am with the We Close Your Sales team. We use a call center to take our calls for us. It is a great option for those just starting out who may not have the time to call people. They also do all of our shipping of packages so I never have to worry about that. So in your scenaro, if you were to come in with our group, it is $1995 (the extra 700 is a ONE time cost to use the call center). You would pass up your first two sales to your director, then after that you are free and clear to earn $1,000 per sale. Not bad huh? Don't forget, with your initial investment, you get that travel package

I hoped this cleared up any questions. Feel free to ask more.

Noreen
  12. waterfordbjj

waterfordbjj New Member

ah i see, so i get travel deals out of it if nothing else. Very interesting. so once i have paid i will access to advertising help etc?. how does coastal pay? just before i think any further into it, i'm living in ireland, will that be a problem?
  13. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

That's was my idea - the worst that could happen is that I have a lifetime membership to incredible travel deals. As far as advertising, you will get a website for a monthly fee and training on how to successfully market your business. Each group has different styles so take a peek at everyone and see what best fits your style.
    Living in Ireland is not a problem. Since I work with the Call Center, I work out payment with them since they do my shipping. But there are many options, again what ever best fits your needs.
  14. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

I must have misunderstood the earlier question - in a hurry perhaps? Thanks for catching that one Noreen!

The travel package is why we started with Coastal also. We were not even looking for a home business - this is just how it all worked out!

Just like the call center, we (the WealthBuilders) also have websites with training and support. There are many great groups out there. Take Noreen's advice and check the different groups out and see which one fits your needs the best.

Also, there are independent business owners for Coastal all over the World. Living in Ireland will not be a problem!

Good Luck!

Lora
  15. twnuck

twnuck New Member

I would splend your time learning through this forum and other free resources before jumping in with your checkbook. You need to learn the basics of

1. Picking a market
    2. Building a list
    3. Using autoresponders
    4. Communicating with your list

and so forth. The good news is that all of these are skills that are easy to learn once you put your mind to it.

Todd
  16. Putter

Putter New Member

Deciding to take a "work at home" position is not one to be taken lightly. If you are not used to sitting for hours at a computer writing articles, press releases and ad copy, affiliate marketing may not be the best choice for you.
    If you like to buy and sell, auctions and eventually your own web site may be a better choice. I hear a lot about eBay having prices that squeeze your profits. Well, it's all in the way you look at it. $5 profit on 100 items is still $500. (I may be talking myself into going back to auctions.)
    It all depends on what you feel comfortable doing, because you will have to do it well and consistently if you are to find success.