Spamming without spamming

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bastian33, Sep 18, 2015.

1. bastian33

bastian33 New Member

Hi all,

When you take a quick look at some of the forums or FB groups, you can quickly see the site is being flooded with spammers, who call themselves marketers. But there is a difference between spamming and marketing.

It's called: Getting sales.

While spammers hope for a quick buck, marketers know that the trust is far more important. So, if you don't wanna get banned by most forums out there, don't just start a useless topic like "Where to buy cheap viaghra" and self-answer it. People aren't that stupid. Instead, offer valuable tips and over time, people would buy your stuff, based solely on trust.

You can do it manually, or you can go with automated services like Prospectera(dotcom) or Promobrite(dotcom) and get leads with a single click. But no matter what your offer is, it won't convert, if you scream "Buy now!"

So, whatever your way of doing marketing is, do it right. Or don't do it at all.

Ok, now it's your turn. What do you think about it and how do you promote your stuff online? Pls share!

payment proof likes this.
  2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Well said! I've always felt if you're going to be part of a community, it's important to contribute to it. Join the discussions on forums, network with others on social media, etc. Great post! :)

3. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

"Spamming without spamming"

Now there's a title that got my attention. When I read it the first time, I had an intuitive understanding of what the writer was trying to say and was curious to read more.

But if you look at it intellectually or grammatically, the title is a contradiction. Spamming is a no-no and is not something you should ever aspire to do or encourage. The literal reading of the title seems to suggests the writer is inviting you to spam without being obvious about it. That doesn't make it any less spam. Obvious or not, spam is spam!

Clever title, nevertheless.

Hermas

jeffreysloe likes this.