Squidoo

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by pinkyparrot, Mar 29, 2009.

1. pinkyparrot New Member

Hello all,
    I am trying to create a lense, however I am having serious problems with it.
    I did my profile and tried to upload a pic ( too large ).
    Now my question is......... Where do I get to put the main info for my site. Ya know, actually build the site.
    I'm stuck, please help
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

There are a lot of modules to pick from that you just add to your lens and then add content to them, but I usually stick with the 'picture' or ' BIG picture' lenses as you can add a picture that way and also your story or article...

The 'intro' module comes with the lens automatically - and remember, it's okay to play with your lens. You can't break it. [IMG]
  3. Sonni New Member

There are some tutorials on Youtube they may be helpful. Youtube has tutorials on about everything.
    Sonni
  4. Desigirl New Member

In squidoo itself there are number of lenses created for newbie. Check it.

There is a sectin in my website called squidoo secrets u can check it out if u want

All the best [IMG]
  5. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Pinky,

To start, try adding four text modules and a guestbook. You can add more modules later.

You can put text and images in the text modules.

Good luck,

~Newbie Shield~
  6. Julsy New Member

Study what others have done on Squidoo. That helpd me a lot! If you are promoting your business, then by all means you can copy pertinent info right from the buisness site to get acurate info for your squid. I don't mean copy everything, you need to make it your own, but you can get accurate info here and there off your main business site that you are promoting (if that is what you are doing). As for the picture, you can try and edit your photo and resize it before you upload. Hopefully that will work.
  7. bOsiNg New Member

Try to check also on SquidU forum. they offer a lot of help there.
  8. darpon56 New Member

When I first tried to build a lense it was really frustrating to me. I couldn't make sense out of it. Another try was no more successful. Finally, I plodded through it once again and finally made it. Today I downloaded an ebook that really makes it easy. (I don't have any affiliate link with this, but it is potpiegirl.com and download the how-to book. It's very easy to follow.
  9. samda Member

I think you have already got a perfect answer from my friend and squidoo pro, NS[IMG]
  10. kitcate New Member

You can play around with the different modules and see what you like best. I find the text module to be the most versitile! [IMG]