Staying Focused To What You Are Wanting To Achieve

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by Udecide, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Udecide New Member

Hello everyone,
    I am fairly new to this forum, and have finally taken some time to post. The one thing I feel is important to any business is to remember why you have chosen to do it. There are thousands of ways to work from home. The key is to choose, and then proceed.
    Being focused means staying on task. Once you have made the decision don't waver. Believe in yourself, and you will succeed.
    My reason for working from home was to make myself in charge of my financial future. After 30 years of working for others, I am working for me. I get out of it whatever I put into it.
    Helping others Help themselves is what it's all about for me.
    I have truly found my passion, and my wish is that you too find your.
    Sincerely,
    Rita Anderson
    [Link removed - Admin]
  2. talfighel Silver Member

Your WHY is so important to your wealth and success creation.

The thing is that if you can get a strong enough WHY, this will helo you to never quit even though you may have many setbacks and roadblocks along the way.

You have to come up with a WHY and use that as your motivation on a daily basis.

If your WHY is to have enough money to pay the bills then use that.

If your WHY is to buy your dream car, then use that.

Tal
  3. pcwork New Member

The effort you put in is directly proportional to your motivation
  4. cherie27 New Member

I agree with all of you.

But sometimes you will get frustration when you didn't see any result in a couple months.

But i will still continue with my business, work toward my goals.
  5. successful2008 New Member

Cherie, When we don't see the results that we want, it is easy to toss in the towel and walk away. The strong survive. Do not let anything stand in your way of the success that you see yourself having. If you set that goal, and you don't reach it the time allowed, set another and work as hard as you can, you will reach it. Discouragement is hard and unforgiving. Achievement is rewarding. Remain positive. I know, if you put your mind to it, you can do anything.

To your massive success,
    Michelle
  6. cherie27 New Member

Thanks Michelle.
    Let us all work toward our goals.
  7. successful2008 New Member

Well said Cherie27. I have been off of this forum for a wee bit. I will post somemore tomorrow.

Enjoy your week [IMG]
  8. sashawk New Member

I agree wholeheartedly with Udecide in that deciding on which system you are going to employ to achieve your goal and being unequivocal about this, is the royal (however testing) road to success.

Sasha
  9. jkelly New Member

I work from home 5 days a week/8 hours, you have so many things to do not related to the work, that you can easily distract. But I will tell you something, I need to give results, that is for what I get pay. What I do to keep focus is to have an schedule where I know I will be in my chair without doing nothing else than my work. Then on my free time on my schedule I know I will have the time to do other things.
  10. odlanor9 New Member

Hi Rita -

I couldn't agree with you more.

There is a simple universal law of "cause and effect"

It basically states that you can't get any results
    without any input.

In other words, you reap what you sow.

You attract what you put out there. If your goal is
    to truly help others achieve what they are after,
    they will take notice and seek your help.

Orlando
  11. EstherJ New Member

I think it's only those who want to provide value to their customers that survive with an online business - those that give back. Of all the 'gurus' I can think of, it's those who don't go on endlessly giving the hard sell that will ultimately last. Reap what you sow is a great way of putting it. Greed is never a good motivator.
  12. bbray95 New Member

Great Post, If you don't put into it . You wont get anything. You can take that to the bank.
  13. KarenSmith67 New Member

Hi Cheri-

I have always lived by the quote "a quitter never wins, and a winner never quits". There are going to be times when we all feel as though our efforts are bringing no results, however, if we are passionate about what it is we are doing, we will stay the course.

Setting goals is one way of keeping on track and not quitting, as they are what will get each of us to where we want to be in life.

I think of my business as one of brick and mortor, because with that type of business, you do not shut the doors and go home when you have no customers, you stay open the regular hours. My home-business is ran the same way, just because I do not have a customer every day, does not mean I throw in the towel. I simply continue to share what it is I am doing and the right people will come into my life.
  14. ThePhoenix New Member

I think the only way you can truly stay focused is by fighting for something more than money. If you are only selling something because of the fact that it has a price, and not that it provides a benefit you feel connected to, you'll be doomed to fail.
  15. paulb1 New Member

Staying focus is commiserate with your level of "commitment" to your to goal. Sure is very very difficult sometimes, but keep thinking of the end result. I visualize my goals daily in my my mind's eye, that keeps me focused and I am determined never to quit, never,never, never! Karen in the above post states it perfectly "A quitter never wins, and a winner never quits" Beware of your distractions and place them in a Black Hole somewhere.
    Thanks for sharing.[IMG]
    Paul
  16. minsardi New Member

Find your motivator and write it down somewhere you see it everyday.

A simple way to stay focused and minimize your stress is simple write down the tasks you want to complete for the next day, week , month, year. then as you complete them you cross them out.

It sounds so simple and it is but what it does is keeps you organized and focused and decreases the stress of being overwhelmed.
  17. mreese601 Member

That's it find your why,your passion, then you will succeeded. Make sure you hanging around positive minded people.
  18. mbasa Member

I still work for others for a living and my WHY is to get out of the rat race, have time for my kids and get more involved in their lives. Everytime i feel like giving up i remember this and keep pushing. Success comes to those who want it and are willing to work at it.

To your success!
  19. katereber New Member

Awesome, in fact motivation is one of the key to success..
    stay focused on what we are doing and enjoy it.
    If hardship goes on our way and if we get frustrated for the results, don't give up. Instead keep on fighting, and build up ourselves.