Staying Motivated

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by darpon56, Apr 17, 2009.

1. darpon56 New Member

I have heard, and I believe it is incredibly important to just keep doing what you know to do. Even when it seems nothing is happening, which is actually the most important time to get keep what you need to do. One step at a time, day after day, the end result will be success if you keep at it.
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Great advice! It is what seperates the doers from the wannabes...[IMG]
  3. TshirtFrank New Member

Solid advice, it is all about staying focused and keeping to your plan. Setting short term goals, with the idea that you will stay with your business for the long term.

Cheers!

TSF
  4. westfam11 Member

This may sound like the opposite of being motivated but sometimes if I am having trouble being motivated it is because of "burn out" and I just need to step away for a few hours and relax or do something I enjoy as a way to clear my mind and then I am able to get back to doing what needs to be done on a consistent basis.

Becky
  5. garygoh New Member

My own method of motivation:

Put all my online sales record in an excel sheet and whenever I feel that things are getting tough, I will open the excel file and look at the sales that I have made.[IMG]
  6. cherie27 New Member

When you can't focus on doing your work, or feel stressful/tired, you should rest for 2 - 3 hours or even 1 day for break.

When you come back from the break, you will feel different and will work on it.
  7. otis1004 New Member

[IMG] Very very solid advice you could not have said it any better
  8. Desigirl New Member

I totally agree with wat you said. Real Motivating words..[IMG]
  9. 7FigureHelper New Member

I'm not sure thats motivation but I get what you are saying. sounds more like being consistent and persistent.

i like what garygoh said

garygoh: Put all my online sales
    record in an excel sheet
    and whenever I feel that things are getting tough, I will open the excel file
    and look at the sales that I have made.

that will get you motivated.

personally what i do is have my end goal in mind. when i think about not reaching that goal when i'm feeling lazy it gets me going.
  10. BigD New Member

I also think it's important to have goals as they give you something to strive towards.
  11. gridellas New Member

darpon56: I have heard, and I believe it is incredibly important to just keep doing what you know to do. Even when it seems nothing is happening, which is actually the most important time to get keep what you need to do. One step at a time, day after day, the end result will be success if you keep at it
    This something to keep at the fore. You go through many ups and downs in IM. Sometimes it can be very hard to continue when you see nothing happening. If you completely stop then you will never see anything.

You must find a self motivating factor that keeps you pushing ahead. [IMG]
  12. darpon56 New Member

Good advice about stepping away for a moment or two to avoid burnout. I have been through burnout in another line of work, and it's no fun. Taking care of yourself is a very important part of remaining motivated. Motivation is deep and will carry you through down times as long as you don't burn out the last bit of embers way down in the "go get 'em" barrel.
  13. timhale New Member

Great advice!

Most people give up way too early! They may be doing all the right things, but don't see progress as quickly as they'd like.

It's a shame, because all the hard work is for nothing just because of quitting too early!

~Tim
  14. wahgypsy New Member

I'm glad I found this post today. I'm suffering from a severe lack of motivation, despite of making a sale today and having my article show up as #3 on the first page of a google search.

I'm just really tired. I work at this morning, noon and night. It's not uncommon for me to be up trying to get yet another article finish at 3:00 a.m. I need to get better about taking care of myself. The money won't do me any good if I'm not alive or healthy enough to enjoy it, right?
  15. baby_femme New Member

Yes! very well said... Don't let failure kill you!!! Or when you hear something negative behind your back!!! Let them say it all but, just keep yourself on the right track and keep moving on!!! that's the spirit!!!
  16. nanlar New Member

I sometimes get tired of seeing zeros. This is not a endeavor for the fainthearted. Although just when I seem to want to slack off there is one little spark which drives me on. An email or addition to my autoresponder list, or perhaps a sale. It then becomes exciting again for me.

Push on!
  17. A8ch Gold Member

Staying motivated can certainly be challenging from time to time.
    It can be an emotional roller coaster. Some days are definitely more
    fun than others.

But, if you establish a concrete goal and commit to reaching that goal
    no matter what, that will serve as the spark you need to restart your
    motivation when the power runs low.

Hermas