Still confused about blogging and article writing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cdthomas78, Aug 21, 2011.

1. cdthomas78

cdthomas78 New Member

Hello there everyone. I am fairly new to affiliate marketing and still very confused about article writing and blogs. I am just sticking to Squidoo and maybe Blogger for now. Wordpress has been the death of me trying to figure it out and I've read where they really don't let you post affiliate links anymore. Could any of you that have been marketing for awhile give me any pointers? I am still trying to come up with some good niches to work with too. I suppose going to Clickbank and looking through the marketplace is a good place to start? Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

If you use the free wordpress account, they won't let you do much with affiliate links or adsense, but for about $9 a month you can use hostgator and upload many wordpress sites.

But regardless if you use Squidoo or a blog, writing articles is simply a way to get more traffic to either one - I have blogger blogs that generate their own traffic but then I like to write articles and submit to ezinearticles, goarticles, and several others with a link in the article back to your blog...as far as niches, there are so many that it is hard to tell someone, but most anything in the health line is good...
  3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Unless you are writing articles for non competitive niche, you will need to write many articles and still you are not guaranteed to get lots of traffic to your blog.

Everyone wants to get free traffic and a lot of people are doing what you are about to do in terms of writing articles so you will need to think outside the box and maybe think about paid advertising.
  4. kanonig

kanonig New Member

It doesn't cost anything to get a domain and have your selfhosted blog. Hostgator allow you to host your site for less than $10 monthly. If you can afford all this i will recommend to go to microworkers and complete some jobs and make money and move over to your affiliate business in a grand style.
  5. Take a look at these tutorials on Wordpress:-
    http://ithemes.com/tutorials/ [​IMG]

These will really help you out and you can refer to them as often as you want.
  6. annalaurab

annalaurab Member

You also need to choose a very specific niche.
  7. mogulmedia

mogulmedia New Member

As others have said - be very specific on the niche you choose as well as they keywords you are targeting. For example don't go for "easy diet" rather something like "cabbage diet for teens"

Use you keyword once in first 80 words, in the middle of the text and the last paragraph.

If using Squidoo or Blogspot, bold one of your keywords and don't put too many links in. One or two will do.

Anyway cdthomas78 if you PM me I have something that may help you greatly with your article marketing efforts... Good luck...