Still not sure???

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by opendomain, Jul 28, 2008.

1. opendomain

opendomain New Member

So I'm still not exactly sure what ASD does and what I would benefit from in joining up? As best sense I can make of it is a community of marketers selling advertising slots...is that right?

In spite of the consistent web downtime I'm still curious and want to get more information can someone help me out? I don't want a website as I'm at work right now and really don't have the time to surf the net, BUT I can copy, paste and read a post during lunch so if someone could just give me a simple breakdown of:
    1. What it costs
    2. What I get?
    3. How I get paid
    4. What do I need to do on a daily basis to get this to work?
  2. westfam11

westfam11 Member

opendomain: 1. What it costs
    2. What I get?
    3. How I get paid
    4. What do I need to do on a daily basis to get this to work?

1. You can start with 10.00 up to 50,000.

2. You are able to put your own websites into the ad rotation, up to five depending on the level of membership you are.

3. By check or now they are supposed to be coming out with ACH.

4. You surf sites (anywhere from 12 to 30 for 15
    seconds each - depending on your membership level),
    upgrade your ad packs which means you take the
    money from your cash balance (which is money you
    received for surfing which averages 1% on weekdays
    and 0.50% on weekends) and purchase more ad packs
    which means your rebate will be on the larger amount
    the next day. You have to have a balance of 10.00 or
    more in your cash balance to either cash out or upgrade
    (purchase more ad packs). It really is quite simple. It
    takes about 15-20 minutes normally and you are done.

If you want to sponsor others then you can use whatever
    time you have or want to doing marketing.

Hope that helps.

Becky West
  3. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Becky,

Is the main site at: http://www.adsurfzone.com/ ?

I took another peek at that site. Though I see members can post banners and affiliate links in their own space, I don't see any income generation methods such as sponsors or Adsense (I chose Adsense as an example because everyone is familiar with it).

Obviously, if a few folks cash out from time to time but not everyone does so at once, those who cash out are covered. They can be paid.

Isn't all of the cash invested by members? If that's true, what happens if all of the members cash out at once? How will the owners of ASD make any money?

I'm trying to get a feel for how this is a sustainable business model and I am coming up short. Pardon my confusion and thanx in advance for any clarification.

~Newbie Shield~
  4. westfam11

westfam11 Member

Newbie,

It is www.asdcashgenerator.com

I don't know anything about the one that you mentioned.

But the system is not completely back up yet, they are still working on the site.

If you want to read some of the other posts some of the others have explained it rather well. I don't want to paraphrase since the site is not up, I can't copy and paste to get the exact information. I don't want to give any wrong information.

Becky
  5. Newbie Shield

westfam11: It is www.asdcashgenerator.com

Hi Becky,

Thanx for listing the main site.

The same holds true for that site as well. I don't see any revenue generation methods such as sponsors or Adsense.

I understand a reluctance to paraphrase. I'm not asking you to explain how non-owners make money though so I don't think you will have to paraphrase. Although my questions may have been presented previously and answered, I have read quite a few ASD threads and don't remember seeing them.

Is there a chance that you misunderstood my questions?

Thanx,

~Newbie Shield~
  6. westfam11

westfam11 Member

Yes I think I may have misunderstood your question.

ASD has some other streams of income. They are resellers of domain names, there is a website www.greenbackstreet.com, a shopping website. I think I have heard some others mentions but I am not sure. Does that answer your question?

Becky
  7. Newbie Shield

Hi Becky,

I appreciate the attempt to answer my questions. That's fine that they have more than one project going. No, those aren't the income streams I am referring to.

I'm wondering how what you and others on this forum are doing is actually adding true equity to the company.

The best way to get my point across is to create a simple example. Let's say John, Jill, and Jack each put $100 into the company. Would it be safe to say that the company now has $300 in cash equity?

Let's now worry about what their equipment or other business projects might be worth. I am simply addressing the profit and sustainability of the website you spoke of.

So, suppose all three decide to pull their cash out. Now there is no money in the company so how will the founders/owners make any money from what John, Jill, and Jack are doing? How can it be true equity if it can all be yanked out at any given time?

Another thing...this whole rebate thing makes matters worse by magnifying the problem further. When someone qualifies for a rebate, it too has to be paid. If there are no true profits in the first place where does that money come from? The only money that ever went into the "pot" was pulled out. There is nothing to use for paying out rebates.

How does this particular "project" generate profits and how is the biz model sustainable? Sure, you could pretty much count on the fact that not everyone fully cash out for a while. In reality, several folks would have their money in the pot.

So if John and Jill stayed in but Jack pulled out, there would still be enough money to "pay" Jack.

To make matters even worse, what if Jack reinvested enough to qualify for a rebate? After he was paid his rebate, he decides to pull his money out. Now if Jill and John decide to pull out, they won't even get their investment back because some of their money went to pay Jack his rebate.

Even with the $10 minimum payout rule in place, if everyone pulled out, the company would likely be forced to pay that back eventually as well. Because of the rebate (profits) paid out, the company wouldn't be able to pay that back because there are no actual profits.

All of the money is temporarily put in the pot by members. There are no sponsors, Adsense (or similar), or any other revenue streams.

That's fine, but beside the point, that the company may have separate projects that generate income. In order for an individual project to be sustainable for any decent length of time, it has to generate profits itself. I don't see that the project that you are participating in is generating profits.

Is my question clear now via example and related commentary? Can you or someone else please answer it?

Thanx in advance,

~Newbie Shield~
  8. westfam11

westfam11 Member

Newbie,

I got this off of the Terms of Service:

Advertising Rebates

Rebates are paid to advertisers for viewing other advertiser's websites.

We have an innovative advertising rebate. An advertiser can receive 125% of their advertising cost in rebates by viewing 24 web sites of other advertisers on a daily basis for 15 seconds each. An advertiser must have an active ad package to earn rebates.

Sometime between 12:01 am and 9:00 am Central Standard Time (CST), we total the number of ad package sales from the previous day and the commissions received from ASD's external income sources.

We multiply the total of all these sales by 50%. We then divide this total by the total number of outstanding ad packages. This determines the amount of rebate to be paid per ad package. That amount will be multiplied by the number of ad packages in each advertiser's account and the total will be credited to his/her cash account on a daily basis. Rebates will show up in advertiser's accounts after midnight CST. If you miss a day of viewing the required number of web sites, you do not earn any rebates for that day only.

Advertisers will be paid rebates until they receive 125% of their ad purchases.

To maintain the stability of the program the daily rebate will be capped at 8%. Any excess will go into a reserve account to be used when rebates are extremely low. Five percent (5%) of ad package sales, banner ad sales, ebook sales, and or external income sources on the Cash Generator will be placed in the reserve account to be used for the same purpose.

Your ad purchase will expire when you receive a 125% rebate of your advertising cost.

Five percent will be used for contests or raffles.

Fifteen percent will be used for referral commissions.

Fourteen percent will be paid to various boards, trainers and designers.

Eleven percent will be used for administrative costs, customer support, hosting, site maintenance, advertising and profit.

Newbie,

Also they collect money in the form of membership fees, 10.00/25.00 or 100.00 depending on what level of commission you want to receive when you sponsor others into the program.

If that doesn't help, then I am sorry I cannot explain it any better than that. All I can say is it is working now and there is no guarantee in any type of business or J-O-B.

Becky
  9. Newbie Shield

Hi Becky,

From about half way down where it starts off "To maintain the stability of the program..." to the end does help a bit as far as my specific inquiry was concerned.

Thank you for responding.

It's good that they collect membership fees. At least that is true equity.

I hope that you don't feel that I was specifically singling you out. I did choose to interact with you because you seemed willing.

Perhaps someone can clear up some remaining loose ends.

Outside income streams don't mean much except in the short term. What you want is a biz model that supports itself aka self-sustaining.

I could turn around and mortgage my house, sell my car, etc to give a biz temporary sustenance. But that wouldn't make the biz a sustainable model.

Using income from external sources to start a biz can be a good choice for gathering enough cash get the biz off the ground. Assuming that the model is well-planned, it can be the best choice since you would not be increasing debt.

However, there has to come a point in time where the profits generated by the biz itself can sustain the biz.

This does not include how much members dump into ad packages since they not only get 100% of that back but also somehow get up to an additional 25%. That isn't equity at all. In fact, that is taking out more than is going in from members.

The income from membership fees would be equity and could qualify as profit assuming that other sources within (not external) the project are truly building equity and the equity income exceeds costs.

Are the eBooks sales an internal project or are they a temporary external support stream? If they are internal to the ASD project then they are true equity as well.

Are there any other internal income streams? If so, they might qualify as equity builders.

Does that help to clarify what the nature of my inquiry?

~Newbie Shield~
  10. opendomain

opendomain New Member

That helps a bit. I see where shield is coming form though. To help clear up the question I think we are both having.
    5 people put $10 in.
    That's $50. (Money the company has...and owes back)

Those 5 people make it to their 125%.
    The company now owes: 62.50 back to its advertisers....but there is only $50 to draw from? I understand that everyone cannot pull out at the same time, I get this, what I don't get is how this sustains itself as the money coming in will be dwarfed by the money going out...by 25% in fact using this example. Even if these same people reinvest at a higher price, once they reach their 125% of that higher price the company is now in even hotter water as the % on a larger amount is...well larger.

Are you saying then that ASD(owners) generate their income from signup fees? So to get started I have to pay my add costs ($10), then a membership fee determined by how much money my up line wants to make on me? So if I signup under you today and you are at a $25 membership fee, what % do you get and what % goes to ASD?

I see where I could benefit from this, but what I don't get and what sets me on edge a bit is how ASD is getting what they want? ($$$)

Thanks Becky, that info did answer some questions, still a little grey on some things though, any help is appreciated.
  11. opendomain

opendomain New Member

Newbie Shield: Are the eBooks sales an internal project or are they a temporary external support stream? If they are internal to the ASD project then they are true equity as well.

Are there any other internal income streams? If so, they might qualify as equity builders.

~Newbie Shield~

THAT is the crux of the matter right there.

If there are no other income streams for the company then 1 of 2 things are happening.
    1. The owners are using the money infused into ASD as a "loan" of sorts and investing it somewhere else...not good.
    2. The business plan is designed to fail and will forever exist on a float and be completely dependent on new people coming in...also not good.
  12. decolorofmoney

decolorofmoney New Member

ASD has other internal revenue sources; they have Greenback Street, which is an online shopping mall, they sell domain names & web hosting, and a few others.

In addition, they only pay out towards the rebates from 50% of the company's daily revenues; the rest is held for operating costs, developing new revenue sources, and holding reserves should the daily revenue drop below sufficient means to deliver rebates.

The rebates are also a loss leader, and not guaranteed to be offered forever.

For a discussion of the math, I just bumped the thread "Where is the money coming from" for your benefit. Hope this helps.
  13. mrich87

mrich87 New Member

opendomain: Newbie Shield:
    Are the eBooks sales an internal project or are they a temporary external support stream? If they are internal to the ASD project then they are true equity as well.

~Newbie Shield~

THAT is the crux of the matter right there.

If there are no other income streams for the company then 1 of 2 things are happening.
    1. The owners are using the money infused into ASD as a "loan" of sorts and investing it somewhere else...not good.
    2. The business plan is designed to fail and will forever exist on a float and be completely dependent on new people coming in...also not good.

Hi Opendomain,
    Thanks for your dialogue here. Next to "How do I get a website for free", this is the most common question. "Where does the money come from?"

I sort of skimmed through this post, but I wanted to know if you were able to sign up for your free account yet?

If not, I would like to invite you to a conference call where your questions could be specifically answered. I know I had them as well. I've got one at 4:00 - 5:30 EST this afternoon (sorry for the short notice). Would you be interested in doing that?

Mike
  14. opendomain

opendomain New Member

Hi Mike i would love to, however I'm currently working. Would you be having a call this weekend?
  15. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

16. mrich87

mrich87 New Member

Thanks Iggy, good information for everyone.
  17. alasycia

alasycia New Member

Outside income streams don't mean much except in the short term. What you want is a biz model that supports itself aka self-sustaining.

I think the better word would be other income streams, not outside income streams

The income coming from the Greenbackstreet site, for example is as a result of an assocationa between the two companies, which will provide an income stream for ASD and increased membership (and increased income too) for the shopping site. This is not something that will diminish with time but will increase.

They are now launching new advertising programmes to advertise ASD and these programmes will also bring revenue into the company. (in addition the ones that already exist)

Equally, the company President has stated many times that the ASD Cash Generator programme is just a beginning. He has gone on record to say that there is no intention to stop this programme whatsoever, but that the AdSurfDaily corporation will continue to use this and other means to bring in other advertisers and advertising schemes, which will all help to finance the ASD Cash Generator programme.

This is of course supported too by the advertising purchases made by members to advertise on ASD.

If everyone stops advertising - yes they will have a problem.
    If everyone stops buy Ford cars, Ford will also have a problem and will have to go into liquidation, owing large sums to their creditors.
    If there is a run on any bank - they will end up being unable to pay.

ASD is in a slighty better position that some companies, insofar they do have large reserves to enable them to pay outstanding rebates. But most important most people believe that Andy Bowdoin has chosen to launch a company in a growing field - internet advertising,- and one that is better proected from a recession than some. Advertising expenses are often an integral part of a company's budget when they are fighting to keep their business going.
  18. Newbie Shield

ASD folks,

The community now has a much better idea of what the ASD biz op entails including how it is able to sustain the rebate program, recruitment payouts, etc.

Now our community is better able to decide for themselves whether or not this biz op is for them.

Thank you all very kindly for taking the time and effort to answer questions in a polite and helpful manner. The quality of this approach is much higher. I am confident that you will find that the community will be more receptive if you can maintain an even balance between excitement and quality, respectful contribution.

If anyone else has any questions, now may be a good time to ask them.

~Newbie Shield~
  19. westfam11

westfam11 Member

Newbie Shield and OpenDomain,

I don't know if this will help you with your questions, but it is a new video from ASD.

New ASD marketing Video

Becky West