Stop Purchasing Affiliate Programs and eBooks

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by kenwrites, Jul 5, 2010.

1. kenwrites New Member

One thing I have noticed among people who start down the path of affiliate marketing is 'information overload". I know because I fell into the same vicious cycle. I cannot tell you the number of different make money programs, traffic building programs and various eBooks I own. All of them, everything last single one of them, do not do a bit of good until you put the processes into action.

You hear people calling this program or that ebook a scam, when in reality a vast majority of the programs are NOT scams. But folks buy into the "sales page". I did.

I challenge you to do a couple of things faithfully over the next 30 days. First, don't buy anymore programs or ebooks if you have them already. Secondly, find one program that you already own and implement it step-by-step everyday.

In 30 days, if you faithfully follow the outline of your chosen program and work it until the wheels fall off that sucker, you will make money. Now granted it may be only a few dollars initially, but you have got to show yourself that it can be done.

It's one thing to hear all the people talk about how they found success, but it is a completely different feeling when you do it for yourself. Make the commitment to stick with ONE program until it works.

Psst...It will work. I know it will work, because I have plenty that I have purchased and am currently running through each one and they all work. Different methods - same result...Bank.

I would suggest finding the simplest looking program you already own. Most of my success comes off of one affiliate marketing technique that has been around for a few years and is as simple as they come. The point is, programs work if you implement them in the way they are designed.

Here's to YOUR success. [IMG]
  2. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

Bang on target Kenneth. One of the main reasons for failure on the Net, is distraction and result oriented attitude. If you focus too much on the results, you lose focus on the doing and you get disoriented. The result then is hopping from one program to another. The key to success is doing something that works and doing it relentlessly.
  3. bianca_dee New Member

Very well said! It's good to focus at one thing at a time. That could make one productive. Thanks for the tip.
  4. jbpatlanta New Member

I really have to chime in here and say that is exactly what many people on this forum and others need to hear.

So many people scream scam at books and training programs that are not scams. The purpose of a scam is to cheat you. You pay but don't get the goods.

Ebooks and training programs are just that. Study materials. You get what you paid for. Now the quality of this material varies greatly. Do your research and check in forums to find out if something is worth the money.

I also agree with just pick one thing. Too many people jump on each new offer that gets sent to their inbox. Only spending a few days trying something is not long enough to decide if it is going to work.

I did the same thing when I was starting out. I was so desperate to make money that I bought many programs but never stuck with them. It was like ADHD for marketers.

Once I concentrated on one method, I started getting results.

If you will take this advice you can start seeing results. Pick one method and ignore all other sales letters.

Good luck

JBP
  5. kenwrites New Member

Thanks everybody,

I was one that kept buying this and that hoping for the break I was looking for. And I started doing the negative research on everything..you know the one "XYX reviews" " Is XYZ a scam". But it was funny, I looked at my computer one day and the stacks of ebooks I had printed off and said "Ok. I am going to choose one program right now and just do it faithfully every single day". That's when it happened. That's when I started to see traffic and started to see money come in. The program happened to be one of the first ones I bought..hahaha . I tried it for like two weeks when I first bought it and gave up.

There really is way too much information overload and flashy sales pages. It is difficult for newbies to steer away from, but you must fight the urge. The simplest program can be adapted to bigger avenues of income once you master the basics.

If you need help or have questions about what you are doing, speak up in the forum. Somebody here will give you good advice because we have all been there at some point and time.
  6. mountainmom5 Gold Member

kenwrites: I looked at my computer one day and the stacks of ebooks I had printed off and said "Ok. I am going to choose one program right now and just do it faithfully every single day". That's when it happened.
    Beautiful!

kenwrites: If you need help or have questions about what you are doing, speak up in the forum. Somebody here will give you good advice because we have all been there at some point and time.
    Amen![IMG]
  7. A8ch Gold Member

Excellent Kenneth! Your observation and advice is accurate.

Too often, people make the mistake of pre-judging the effectiveness of a marketing program without even implimenting a single step. Online success comes from doing, not theorizing and speculating.

In the real world you don't stand a chance of winning the lottery if you don't have a ticket. When it comes to online marketing, putting a system to work for you, "and doing it relentlessly" is your ticket to hitting the jackpot!

Hermas
  8. DomainCheapster New Member

Making a few dollars with any program is not a big challenge and investing tons of time to produce weak results would be a waste of time.

Many "full system" programs don't offer all the answers and that's why people keep looking for more and buy more products.

Buying latest stuff keeps me on top of things and every new method contains some golden nugget of knowledge that makes a difference in my approach to internet marketing.
  9. annalaurab New Member

It also helps to ask yourself if the product you are thinking of purchasing is something you really need. Does it offer truly unique information that is not already in something else you have already bought? If not, move on.
  10. kenwrites New Member

DomainCheapster,

When it gets right down to the nitty-gritty, most products say the same thing or work the same way only on different scales. As an affiliate marketer, if you choose to add onto the knowledge that is already working, great.

But often new folks that enter into this arena purchase product after product waiting for the results promised. Virtually ANY affiliate marketing strategy works, it is a matter of implementing the strategy faithfully everyday. For seasoned affiliate marketers, we can afford to test new strategies and products. New folks do not have that luxury. What they do have is the luxury of time to begin developing their business without going broke purchasing the next shiny sales page.
  11. jenni2010 New Member

I dont necessarily agree that information overload is a bad thing, i think it all depends how you go about it. I signed up with WA (a website to teach you ALL about internet marketing and the different ways to go about making money) and there is a TON of information, am i a bit confused, yes..but id rather have ALL the information than not enough. But i do agree, you should stick to ONE thing, focus on it until it works and you know what your doing until you try other techniques. But hey, why not start reading up on other techniques and tools for when you are ready to get a bit more advanced? [IMG]
  12. talfighel Silver Member

I totally agree. There are so many good and solid programs out there that are pretty good in teaching people how to make good money online using various techniques.

What I have learned online is that, usually the people who say that a program is a scam are the same people that thought that they were getting into some sort of a program that once you order it, will pop money into your account or something like that.

Anyone can succeed online if you do it long enough and you put in the RIGHT action plan.

Great post and very accurate.

Tal