Stupid in America video shocking !!!

Discussion in 'Raising Kids' started by weebitty, Apr 11, 2010.

1. weebitty

weebitty Member

2. MBombardier

MBombardier New Member

Vouchers that you can use at any school and homeschooling are two good answers to the problem. Teachers are increasingly expected to do other things than educate the children, and not only the teachers but the kids that are there to learn are frustrated. Vouchers would allow parents to vote on the good schools with their money, and force the bad schools to improve or close. Homeschooling is the best option overall because it allows parents (who know their children best) to teach to their children's strengths and their weaknesses.

3. weebitty

weebitty Member

I agree with you on homeschooling as long as the parent are equiped to do the job right. It has to be a regement and disciplined or the child doesn't take it seriously and will therefore not take education seriously in the future. It is easy to get lazy about it but fight that urge. Give your child the best education you possibly can and don't go by what the schools are teaching the children they arn't teaching them much so you don't want to use them as a guide line. They arn't teaching them the bill of rights anymore and I would consider that extremely important in todays society as they are taking more of our rights away everyday and people don't even realize it. you have to know how to read and write and not just play sports.

4. MBombardier

MBombardier New Member

weebitty, homeschooling does not have to be regimented and disciplined to work, nor do parents have to be qualified to do it. Parents who never graduated from high school can be successful homeschoolers because of all the resources available to them through curriculum publishers (some even grade papers and provide transcripts), to local homeschooling groups with co-op classes, and other resources too numerous to list here. Parents know how their children learn best, and if that means curling up in bed with a math book, or reading a history book at the top of a tree, or jumping on letters laid out on the floor to learn them, so be it. Some families do school all year round, some follow the regular school year, some split the year with a big break at Christmas and another big break during summer.

Homeschoolers consistently score in the highest percentages on the standardized testing that all students are required to take. That's the proof that homeschooling works, no matter what it looks like for the individual family.

5. weebitty

weebitty Member

I would agree with you that homeschooling children seem to do better than regular school taught kids. I have seen some of them myself. I am just saying that there also needs to be some regiment for later in life when it is require in a job envoirment. My daughter use to learn by listening to the radio. It use to drive me nuts because I thought it was destracting her concentration. But some people need that back ground I guess something like white noise to sleep. My cousin teaches her children through home schooling 3 days aweek but also take them to a charter type christian school 2 days a week to get rounded out on classes she doesn't or can't teach them. Plus it gives them social skills as well to get along with other kids. I support home schooling much more than I do the public school system which sucks. Sorry teachers I know alot of it isn't your fault your hands are tied in alot of situations.