Submitting short stories to Christian authors

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by luvzminis, Jun 1, 2010.

1. luvzminis

luvzminis New Member

Hope other Christian writers can help me!
    I'm trying to get my writing "off the ground" and have had a little success with Capper's magazine. Outside of that, I have sent in several Christian short stories for kids, but heard nothing back so far.
    Have you had luck submitting such stories/books? I would appreciate any help on this! Thanks in advance.

2. LORINELIZABETH

LORINELIZABETH New Member

I wrote a christian book I am still trying to get published.

Other suggestions, start your own magazine. Like Highlights with Christian themes for kids.

[​IMG]

3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

You could try publishing something online through Clickbank, but whether or not anyone would pay money for it is questionable. One thing to keep in mind is that if you have your books published and no one is reading them, you could always give them away - if it impacts someone's life - and that means FOREVER - you can't put a dollar amount on that! [​IMG]

4. luvzminis

luvzminis New Member

Thank you both! Great ideas and great thoughts.

5. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Try again and send them more stories. If you persist and your stories are as good as you say they are then at some point they will accept them and your work.

Good luck and let us know how this comes out.

Tal

6. luvzminis

luvzminis New Member

talfighel
    Thanks, Tal! I guess perseverence is the key. I appreciate your vote of confidence from you and others, as this can get discouraging.

7. wealthbuilders

wealthbuilders New Member

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." - Jesus Christ (Matthew 7:7)

Keep working at it, pray hard, and be optimistic.

You may want to create a compilation of all your short stories and look at self-publishing...if you need some ideas PM me and I can try and steer you in the right direction.