Success Stories

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by bhurst, Apr 11, 2009.

1. bhurst New Member

Come in and let me hear your success stories. I need it to keep me going.
  2. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi bhurst,

Rather than giving you a success story, I'd rather give you some advice.

Make sure that online marketing is something you'll commit strongly for the long haul.

The first step in learning about online marketing is to begin getting exposure to some of the fundamentals. You can begin by taking the free 30 Day Challenge here:

www.thirtydaychallenge.com

Keep reading from this forum. Read online marketing sites.

Focus on the process and creativity rather than the money.

~Newbie Shield~
  3. ronniebranch New Member

Good Advice Newbie Shield, I'll add to it...

Commit yourself to learning and develop patience when deciding to work from home. Your going to need to grow your leadership and prepare to fail enough times to ultimately start achieving results.

Learn how to market effectively and systematically... Be willing to do an extra 5-15% that the masses will not do. Become a leader on the front lines to be seen this is how it happens.
  4. samda Member

Totally I earned $3000 in Adsense starting from a newbie without knowing any thing about internet marketing or websites.

Is this enough for you [IMG]
  5. garygoh New Member

samueldarwin: Totally I earned $3000 in Adsense starting from a newbie without knowing any thing about internet marketing or websites
    Mind me to ask how long did you take to come to $3000? How many adsense websites are you managing now?

Thanks
  6. mountainmom5 Gold Member

samueldarwin: Totally I earned $3000 in Adsense starting from a newbie without knowing any thing about internet marketing or websites.
    And I am assuming you are not doing the illegal adsense thingie where you click on other adsense ads and they click on yours...???[IMG]
  7. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Oh... and NS gave great advice by the way...[IMG]
  8. bhurst New Member

Thank you everybody for your advise and your example. Newbie I'm not giving up I just want to know it can work. I have been burnt before on other sites and I just don't want to waste time if it doesn't work. By the way thanks for the advise it does help alot.
  9. johnjimat New Member

hhmm u have your success story bhurst [IMG]
  10. mountainmom5 Gold Member

johnjimat: hhmm u have your success story bhurst
    I guess we could all pop in here and share how we worked our tails off till we finally made some money and then we stayed at it as our tails slowly grew back again, and the checks got bigger...[IMG]
  11. bhurst New Member

No I don't have a true success story yet but I'm hopeful. I hope in time someone else will start a thread like this and I can tell my success story. But until then I'll keep at it.
  12. Jon Squirrel New Member

bhurst - I think someone famous said (or at least the saying became famous):

"You are who you think you are"

(If I actually made that up, please credit it to me - it's pretty good)

So if you act like you're successful then it won't be long until you have your first success story and with more to follow.

Of course, courtesy of NS, successful people are 'strongly committed' and are 'in it for the long haul'
  13. bhurst New Member

Jon- I've heard you are what you eat but not you are what you think you are. You right it is pretty good, I'll give you credit.

Thanks, and I do believe I'm successful. So with that being said it shouldn't be long now.
  14. happywife Gold Member

Jon Squirrel: bhurst - I think someone famous said (or at least the saying became famous):
    "You are who you think you are"
    (If I actually made that up, please credit it to me - it's pretty good)
    Actually, someone else said something very similar a long time ago...

"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:" Proverbs 23:7

[IMG] Angie
  15. bhurst New Member

Oh so that famous one said it. Ok he can have the credit.
  16. westfam11 Member

Being successful means different things to different people.

You can have all the money in the world, that may mean success to some.

I would also like to say that if I can finish raising my children to be productive, helpful adults that would be a success for me.

Also, some are happy with $500.00 a month, to them that is success.

You have to decide what that word means to you and set your goals accordingly.

To me success is being proud of something you have accomplished, either monetary or otherwise.

Becky
  17. PavelBecker New Member

Becky is absolutely correct.

What I've been trying to explain to my guys and to people contacting me about joining my or any other online business is that "success" has to be defined first before you can achieve it.
    What I mean is that most of the people joining any IM-related business for some reason expect millions of dollars in a very short time, because in most cases they are joining "our unique automatic system, that allows you to make money when you sleep" or some other hype. And when they do not achieve those millions in a short period of time they get frustrated and angry at the everybody and IM itself. Yet, they don't have any problems going back to 9 to 5 and making miserable money at their day jobs.

But for most of us success is very achievable if we define it and put it in measurable terms.

For example, $3000/month buys you really nice house in California (for the ocean view you would have to pay extra, obviously), $1000/month gets you a very self-esteem-improving car, travel - well, we all know by now about all the possible ways to get deep discounts on travel, entertainment - there is a limit to how much you can physically consume per month.

So, when you define what exactly you understand as "success" for yourself, that's when you will realize how achievable it is.

It doesn't take to much money to improve your life to the point where you can seat back, relax and say to yourself: "Yep, I'm doing all right!"

Most of the people on this forum are having this lifestyle already, and by just coming back here and participating you will keep your spirit up. Just the fact of existence of this forum and it's contributors is a success story.
  18. bhurst New Member

I know what success means to me and when I achieve it I'll be back and tell everyone about it.

I know when it comes to my family life I have always be successful. What I met when I started this thread was to have people come in and brag about thier success in this market, online business.
  19. 7FigureHelper New Member

Its real simple in my eyes.

If you are new to online marketing and you generated your first lead, that is success.

The key now is to learn how to do it on a larger scale.

Always take the "small victories" and use them to master huge victories.