Successful Photographer willing to answer your questions!

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by shutterbugjen, Jan 25, 2013.

1. shutterbugjen

shutterbugjen New Member

Hello Everyone!

I really love being a part of this forum community! I have owned my photography business for 7 1/2 years now and have been very successful building my business from the bottom up. I have also been blessed with the opportunity to work from home and raise my kids along side running a successful business!

Because I had so much help along the way I wanted to give back and open the floor to all you beginners out there who may have questions regarding anything that has to do with starting your photography business and making money with photography. I will do my best to help answer all your questions and get you started on your path to success!

So, if you have any questions at all, what are they? Ask me anything, don't be shy! I am here to help :) !

2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Gee Jen, I didn't sign up for your newsletter because I'm not a much of a lady.
    I appreciate you helping ladies create an income but why limit your audience?
    There are so many ways to turn photos into money, what's your favorite?

3. shutterbugjen

shutterbugjen New Member

Hi Just2EZ,

So sorry I was limiting my market haha! I didn't mean to leave you male beginners out I am just so use to talking to other women who want to make money with photos I totally directed it to only them! How rude of me! I am happy to answer ANYONE'S questions about this topic, male or female!

My favorite way to make money with photos is through my children photography! I love babies and kids and its great when you can go to your job and get hugs, kisses and told you are loved by your littlest clients :)

4. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Always learning but hardly a beginner, 10 years cashing in on digital photos.
    Started with my first grandson and just went nuts having digital freedom.
    Had our own darkroom as a kid so grew up with a camera in hand.
    Babies, Birds, and Bell Rock are my favorite subjects.
    Mainly I shoot products or houses for websites.
    No where near a pro but make money at it.
    It's just a sideline and a hobby I enjoy.
    Compliments website development.
    "Earning comes with LEarning"
    Teach them well Shutterbug!

5. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

The thought of starting a baby/kid photography business had crossed my mind once as I love shooting babies and kids but then my wife had another view and opined that nowadays most people have a digital camera and very few might opt to get a photo shoot done outside.

6. shutterbugjen

shutterbugjen New Member

Vishal,

Your wife has a valid concern, one I think many people have when deciding whether or not to take that leap of faith and start their business. I can honestly say it has ever been a problem for me and I come from a medium size city which is overwhelmed with photographers and I have never felt that there wasn't enough business to go around. I have at most times in my career been overbooked. There are plenty of people to go around who need professional photos and want pro photos taken on their wedding day or of their newborns even if they are decent at it enough to do it themselves they don't always have the time and they may want to be in the photos as well. Anyone can learn how to us a DSLR but not everyone can take beautiful photos or use Photoshop to make their photos spectacular that is when people like you and I come into the picture ;)

Vishal P. Rao likes this.