Suggestion to Admin

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by netjobs, Apr 3, 2006.

1. netjobs

netjobs Member

Hello Vishal,

I found some of the posts are just promoting their affiliate URLs particularly from new members and thats just against ur terms and we also like it as well...

I have a suggesion and I found in another forum like the same they dont allow affiliate URLs in their posts, simply they put a sentence while posting threads like this Do NOT Post Affiliate URLs or links - it is a violation of our policies!

some new members wont know about the affiliate URLs posts, I hope this could help them as well as Admin's time...[​IMG]
  2. WealthyWAHM

WealthyWAHM Member

I agree with you, netjobs. [​IMG]

Being a moderator on another forum that recently put the "no ref links" policy into place and put the announcement in bold red letters above the posting box so people see it as they type, I can say from experience that it does cut down on the time it takes to clean up the forum. [​IMG]

This morning there was a member here that posted 6-8 message in a row that was just a short "Join this!" type post with a ref link... Talk about SPAMMING![​IMG]
  3. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

That's good suggestion Jai and is implemented!
  4. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Now that's what I call "turning on a dime" and there's a lesson to be learned here.

Netjobs made a suggestion to Admin that would improve the experience of members and visitors to the forum. That suggestion was supported by WealthyWHAM.

Vishal obviously considered the pros and cons...

- less spam
    - less administrative work
    - a constant policy reminder to all members (particular newbies)
    - a discouragement to chronic and malicious spammers
    - improves the overall experience for users

and acted within 24 hours to implement a useful idea.

That's how Webmasters and marketers stay ahead of the pack; they LISTEN to critical suggestions, assess their merits then act swiftly.

Way to go! [​IMG]

Hermas
  5. Hey Vishal,

Like Hermas says... Way to go! [​IMG]

Joe

ps The RED is Bright enough. LOL

J.
  6. Hey Vishal,

Something totally unrelated to this...

What if you put a (back to top) link at the bottom of each page? That would make reading through threads easier when you want to return to the top of the page.

Nothing major, just a convience for readers.

Joe
  7. Vishal P. Rao

Thank Joe! It's been implemented.
  8. CarolinaConsign

CarolinaConsign New Member

Hey Vishal,

I just wanted to say thanks!

Brian
  9. Vishal P. Rao