Suggestions for google ranking?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by wicklessfamily, Aug 16, 2011.

1. wicklessfamily New Member

I am beginning my journey of building my Scentsy online presence and would like any advice for getting my google ranking up....other than posting on facebook and forums! Thank you all!

Jennifer and Gary Slater
    Scentsy

[Link removed - Admin]
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

First of all... make sure you use the instructions in the 'profile' section to make your link clickable - most of us are too lazy to copy and paste. [IMG]

Is that a company website? If so, most of your efforts to get google ranking to it will be futile. Google doesn't like replicated sites. You will need to set up a blog or something where you can add content of your own on a regular basis. Google ranking doesn't happen overnight, don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise! You can get good quality traffic to your sites , but not without some hard work and effort on your part and most of that is simply adding content to your site.

A simple way to both add content and get the traffic ball rolling is to follow something like this:

1) add content
    2) digg it
    3) stumble it
    4) twitter it
    5) change it up a bit and submit it as an article to a couple article directories
    6) find about 5 blogs with similar content and add relevant comments, linking back to your site
    7) submit your page to niche directories
    8) comment on a few forums

This all sounds like a lot, but if you would add ONE page a day and then do all the rest, it would only take a few hours ( I can do it in less unless I have to research for the content)

Have fun![IMG]
  3. wicklessfamily New Member

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I have tried to make my signature clickable, but am not having any luck...could you give me an example of what I need to do?
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

wicklessfamily: Thank you so much for the suggestions! I have tried to make my signature clickable, but am not having any luck...could you give me an example of what I need to do?
    if you put around it, it should work.
  5. toddmoore79 New Member

It takes several weeks for the Google crawlers to even crawl through your website for the first time and rank it, so it takes patience. But take advantage of as many free traffic opportunities as you can such as directories, search engines, classifieds, social networks such as facebook and twitter, blogs, and adding your links to other websites.
  6. FreeCashMan Active Member

Mountainmom is on point. Using your company website is not best. The easiest but not the best is to create a blog with blogger.com or wordpress.com and follow her suggestions. Ideally you want your own blog on your own hosted site or your own webpage.

I brought a scentsy product some time ago, still using it.

As always, I suggest diversifying one's income streams. It's certainly is possible to generate multiple income streams similutaneously.
  7. howieperks New Member

Hey Jennifer and Gary,

Mountainmom gave you so good advice about creating your own blog.

Online you will want to "brand" yourself as leaders and then offer helpful information for others.

Another great way to start is to create your own Youtube channel. It helps to create trust and your info out there.

You don't want to sell on your blog or on your youtube channel. Just add valuable content.

I suggest picking up a copy of Mike Dillards Magnetic Sponsoring to get ya started. Also a great resource to learn internet marketing for mlm is MyLeadSystemPro. Top Notch!!

In Success,
    Howie Perks
  8. kanonig New Member

This are the strategies i currently use and it works great thou its require skills and effort but certainly worth the pains.

Create a site and add a blog to it.

The site should have pages which should showcase some of your stuffs.

Submit my feeds to rss feeds.

Use onlywire to create social networking accounts for my blog and every blog post i make gets book marked for links

Post content on my blog with anchor to my site keywords.

Submit the articles to thousands of directories unchanged.

Participate in forums with my anchor.

Submit press release using same articles.

Create link wheels from my articles on web 2. 0 sites.

Blog comment

And start all over again.

John
  9. alainamaybin New Member

You can put ads on Craigslist, Google likes Craigslist.

You can also post videos on Youtube and drive traffic to your website in that way.

Good luck!
  10. kane1976 New Member

The one sure way to increase your google ranking is to build quality one way backlinks to your website.

When i say quality, i mean build the backlinks from high pageranked websites that have been around for some time.

The other way is to search google for .edu, .gov blogs that are related to your website, and then leave genuine well written comments on them.
  11. shuvo Member

Article marketing,niche related forum participation and angela paul backlinks packet has been working well for me so far to rank high in Google for my keywords.
  12. stellaandreapar New Member

Building your online presence is a great way to drive traffic into your site.

Submitting links to high PR authority sites are helpful too.
  13. sunnyblue New Member

For increasing page rank of your site, comment on high pr related blogs slowly and regularly it would help.
  14. funtimes New Member

Remember that Google will not find your links just because you have created them. You need to help google find them.

You can use a free service like pingomatic.com to ping your link (its easy to use). You can also use paid tools like linklicious.me (there is a free and paid version)....to help google index your links and improve your websites search engine rankings.
  15. sunnyblue New Member

Thanks for great suggestion about Google's like and dislike.

I would ay algorithm of link building is completely changed now.

Now, anchor text doesn't work as it was working properly, so you have to avoid keyword stuffing in anchor text also.
  16. Tess_T New Member

Create unique, quality content that your readers will find valuable. Due to the recent Google Panda and Penguin updates, overly optimized sites are being knocked off of their high rankings left and right.

Google's main objective now is to create a good "user experience," which means high quality content rather than content stuffed with keywords. They're also using various analytics to determine page rank, such as how long visitors remain on your site, how many pages they visit, etc.

Overall, you want a high quality site that entices your visitor to stay - not the same old stuff they find on every other site in your niche. Be honest, think of your customer before your own profits, and write great content. You'll find your website on "top of the heap" so to speak[IMG]
  17. nicolo New Member

Hi to all, i would just like to suggest a few basic tips ,
    first of all you don't need more than 3 to 4 keywords,secondly,or 3 word phrase ,always remember 1 o 2 keywords in the site title, 1o2 in the post or article, an html sitemap page and xml sitemap for spiders and robots to crawl ,with these few basics i normally get my sites indexed within 24 hours , remember google is very harsh on keyword spamming , you don't need lots of keywords just try this method on a test site and see that it dose work,
    greetings to all , nicolo
  18. jamess Member

Build Backlinks is the main factor to rank well.. for that you can do guest blog post, social bookmarking etc....